The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's domination or India's revenge

+8
Hoggy_Bear
trebellbobaggins
eirebilly
Mike Selig
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
skyeman
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

England's  domination  or India's revenge - Page 4 Empty England's domination or India's revenge

Post by skyeman Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Bell dropped, great chance for Bairstow. England to bowl.

India leave out Aaron Varun and play Vinay Kumar???? strange

Last edited by skyeman on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

skyeman

Back to top Go down

England's  domination  or India's revenge - Page 4 Empty Re: England's domination or India's revenge

Post by msp83 Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Vinay's overall domestic rcord is quite as well. Think they are being fair to him, giving him a decent number of chances to show he can transform it to the highest level.
I hope Aaron willl soon have his chance, he can be an effective lower order hitter as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

England's  domination  or India's revenge - Page 4 Empty Re: England's domination or India's revenge

Post by msp83 Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Can't expect spinners to trouble Inia too much. Graeme Swann is among the best, and so he gets the deseerved respect. Also the fact helped that England 4 bowler policy, that too with inexperienced bowlers, gave them the option to see him through without too many damage.
My point though is bit different. Samit Patel's bowling is not threatening enough for India. His batting is not of the explosive mode to come in at 7 and inflict some serious damage. Even India doesn't have as bad a fielder as Samit P in their side of slow movers.
So overall, to bring a bit more threatening option in his place can only make sense. Had England got a half decent parttimer lineup to bowl, the sensible option would have been to bring in Ian Bell in place of Patel. But then, that would create additional issues, how and where to acomodate Cook, Trott, Bell and Bopara in the lineup?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 pm

India surely have to give aaron a chance at some point in this series....

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Issac Watson wrote:
JDizzle wrote:
Issac Watson wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Borthwick's batting is probably worse than Patel's though, so if that is the only change it would unbalance the side. If Woakes were to go in for Finn, then I would understand Borthwick for Patel. But Woakes shouldn't come in for Finn. Finn may be a bit errant at times, but he will take wickets. Woakes's medium pace will be hammered without a swing. I hope I am proved wrong but I view him as absolutely nothing special with the ball when it isn't moving as he isn't quick enough to cause any other problems.
if england play 5 bowlers, the india may not get 300+, and therefore patel's batting won't be missed. regarding woakes, a guy called mcgrath used to torment india, he was only medium pace

How many runs is playing a proper bowler over getting through 10 overs of Samit/Ravi going to save you? 20/30 at most. So if England are chasing 280 they still need 7 batsmen, not Bresnan at 7. And you cannot honestly be comparing Woakes to McGrath? If Woakes had the control of McGrath he would already be ion the side.
woakes and mcgrath comparison is bowling style only my friend. if india only get 250, do england really need 7 batsmen?

Well, it isn't really relevant then... Woakes may have a similar style to McGrath, but McGrath is lightyears ahead in terms of consistency and accuracy and on that basis you cannot pick Woakes for the ODI's in this series. And by playing one extra bowler it wouldn't have saved us 50 runs yesterday, so England will still be chasing 270+ in most games in India, that has been proven by every side who plays there. So yes, we need 7 proper batsmen. Not Big Bres at 7.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:31 pm

for god's sake though, its only one defeat, and india can clearly only play at home, so most of us were surely expecting to lose this series surely.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:42 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:for god's sake though, its only one defeat, and india can clearly only play at home, so most of us were surely expecting to lose this series surely.

CF, Of course India had a terrible time in England during the English summer, and there are issues to be addressed. But it doesn't mean for the sensible that they can play well only at home.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:55 pm

well they seem to struggle everywhere except for at home in india lol......

also their selections seem crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:well they seem to struggle everywhere except for at home in india lol......

iirc they won the twenty20, odi series and test series in the windies, plus they drew the test series in south africa, so that blows that theory out of the water.

their squad selections are due to injuries.

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:07 am

I dont think Patel is a proper batsman.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am

cricketfan90 wrote:well they seem to struggle everywhere except for at home in india lol......

May be you and I have watched different teams!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I dont think Patel is a proper batsman.
There of course are better batters who deserve a chance. Manoj Tiwary, Manish Pandey, Ambati Rayudu to name a few, other than the injured crop.
But then Patel is doing a double duty, in the sense that he can be a wicket keeping backup to MS Dhoni. Another advantage with him is that he can bat at different positions in the order. Also, he did a decent job in the England ODIs, without getting big scores consistently.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 am

how long till india actually give aaron a go..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 pm

i think that scott borthwick has to be given a chance, and i have said that for a while now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:how long till india actually give aaron a go..
can't see him getting a game, they went for yadav and he bowled pretty well

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Issac Watson wrote:

really? what game were u watching?

yh he bowled with good pace, but he didnt bowl well. He had a few decent yorkers, but in the main, he was very wayward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:22 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Issac Watson wrote:

really? what game were u watching?

yh he bowled with good pace, but he didnt bowl well. He had a few decent yorkers, but in the main, he was very wayward.
when you bowl quickly, you can be wayward. he was a little bit expensive, but he looked like taking wickets. on the other hand vinay kumar was neat and tidy, yet never looks like a wicket taker.

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Borthwick has to play IMO, he has to play at some point, he got 5 wickets in the warm up, i know the opposition is different, but he has to be given a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:Borthwick has to play IMO, he has to play at some point, he got 5 wickets in the warm up, i know the opposition is different, but he has to be given a chance.
he probably should've played in deccan, but delhi and mohali won't suit his style of bowling. he must play at eden gardens, as it turns square

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 pm

You have a lot of Indian knowledge for an Englishman Sonic, sorry I mean Issac...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:You have a lot of Indian knowledge for an Englishman Sonic, sorry I mean Issac...
??? as you will have seen i also have knowledge of australian cricket. knowledge about india isn't hard when cricinfo only has news about them

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 am

msp83 wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I dont think Patel is a proper batsman.
There of course are better batters who deserve a chance. Manoj Tiwary, Manish Pandey, Ambati Rayudu to name a few, other than the injured crop.
But then Patel is doing a double duty, in the sense that he can be a wicket keeping backup to MS Dhoni. Another advantage with him is that he can bat at different positions in the order. Also, he did a decent job in the England ODIs, without getting big scores consistently.
I was talking about Samit.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:11 pm

well both arent proper batsman lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4