The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Practice 1 Results

2 posters

Go down

F1 Practice 1 Results  Empty F1 Practice 1 Results

Post by Fernando Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:56 am

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton led practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix to suggest he could continue his good form after winning the last race in Germany.

Hamilton beat Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel by 0.214 seconds with Fernando Alonso third for Ferrari and Mark Webber's Red Bull fourth.

Jenson Button was fifth for McLaren ahead of Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

Alonso's session was interrupted by a fire, while Webber damaged the front of his Red Bull in a crash.

After Hamilton won a thrilling battle between McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull at the last race in Germany, the teams were anticipating another close fight at the Hungaroring.

The top five drivers were covered by less than half a second in first practice to suggest Red Bull may not be able to walk away with the race as they did last year.

"Maybe that's a sign of things to come," said BBC Radio 5 live analyst Anthony Davidson. "I hope it ends as close as this on Sunday afternoon but I still expect Red Bull to have some sort of advantage.

"Hamilton is enjoying riding the wave of last week's performance. That's what you need, carrying that confidence and speed."

source: bbc sport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

F1 Practice 1 Results  Empty Re: F1 Practice 1 Results

Post by Critical_mass Fri 29 Jul 2011, 6:45 pm

IF those fp1 and fp2 results are anything to go by, i reckon RB wont have it easy. Mclaren look to be on the pace and Ferrari arent that far behind either.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down