The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Mother of god

+3
Dass
ADMIN
BuffDaddy
7 posters

Go down

Holy Mother of god Empty Holy Mother of god

Post by BuffDaddy Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

I've just seen 8 minutes of Uncharted 3 footage. It looks amazing. I'm not allowed to post a link as I've not been here long enough but if you go to eurogamer . net you can see it.

I wasn't planning on buying anything but BF3, AC:R and GoW3 until christmas but this clip has made me change my mind. I'll also be picking this up release day.

BuffDaddy

Back to top Go down

Holy Mother of god Empty Re: Holy Mother of god

Post by ADMIN Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

Is it PS3 only like the last one?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffDaddy Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

Yeah it's exclusive to PS3.

BuffDaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

Well that's a bugga. Looks frankly awesome though!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:20 pm

Never got the hype around Uncharted good game don't get me wrong but in most ways its just a poorer version of early Tomb Raider in terms of an adventure game.

Still completed the last two so this will be on the shopping list also.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:21 am

I never got round to playing the second one but really enjoyed the first one. Until it went all True Crime and randomly had zombies and nazi submarines

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Uncharted was the main reason I bought a PS3. Fantastic game and I can't wait for part 3 to come out.

Is GOW3 first person shooter?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffDaddy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

No it's 3rd person, same view as uncharted.

BuffDaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

I've played the older ones but I've heardd a lot of rumors that they are going to make this one in first person. I hope not GOW is made for third person.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffDaddy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

It’s definitely in 3rd and it looks epic! 4 player campaign co-op and an improved horde mode which is saying something as Horde was excellent anyway. I will keep away from the competative MP though it's something I always get owned on. Cry

BuffDaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

The last quarter of this year will keep me busy with all the good games coming out, I just can't wait.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by BuffDaddy Mon 22 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

I've told myself I'm not going to buy too many games in Q4 as it's not only pricey but you don't get the most out of the games you do buy. BF3 is what I'm looking forward to most but then U3 is out the week after.

CoD, Skyrim, Batman and Dues Ex I'm going to buy in the new year I think but it's going to be hard to leave them on the shelf staring at me! Drool

BuffDaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 27 Aug 2011, 1:31 am

The first GoW was amazing, the second GoW campaign was even better but the multiplayer sucks, they created it pretty much for the noobies on the game, was poor. hope they get it right on GoW3 multiplayer, undoubtedly the campaign will be amazing though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 28 Aug 2011, 10:36 pm

BuffDaddy wrote:I've just seen 8 minutes of Uncharted 3 footage. It looks amazing. I'm not allowed to post a link as I've not been here long enough but if you go to eurogamer . net you can see it.

I wasn't planning on buying anything but BF3, AC:R and GoW3 until christmas but this clip has made me change my mind. I'll also be picking this up release day.

Hey buffdaddy lol (cool name) thanks to you sir, I shall now come out of retirement as a gamer. Though I'm 17 I had left it for a while, due to exams etc but with what I've just seen of uncharted 3 and Deus Ex..... I'M MORE THAN CERTAINLY BACK!

I dont know if its just me, but I felt as though gaming went abit dire, besides the fact that I simply had no time to game, it seemed as though it became all about call of duty, fifa etc. Good games yes but I'm not surprised its taken something innovative and original to bring my appetite back. The graphics for uncharted 3 blew me away.

Even though I'm xbox, I am going to get the PS3 specifically for this game!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

Interesting perspective jay-z about the gaming industry, personally I feel its been going downhill in most aspects for around 10yrs.

Not sure I'd call Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Uncharted 3 innovative, both look to be somewhat derivative of whats come before more than anything else. Graphics are nice but they come at the bottom of the pile when looking at how good a game really is and I'm not sure Uncharted has that much when you look under the hood.

Can't really comment on either game as yet to play them but based on whats come before in the Uncharted universe and previous games that have been developed by inhouse Eidos after leaving the original developer I'm not holding out great hope for Deus Ex either.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:27 pm

Dass....... thank you!

There was me thinking I may be killed for making that statement on a gaming section in a forum, but it has very much been going downhill.

Though I dont know about this happening over the last decade... Erm I started gaming seriously in like 2004, and it was only up to 2009 that I felt gaming was deteriorating. How long you been gaming???

Also I see your viewpoint on the fact that Deus and Uncharted may not be all that, in hindsight I think the fact that I haven't seen such good demos and trailers in a long time - may be the reason why I got all excited. Hope these games don't disappoint!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

Been playing games since the late 80's, though my first console was one from the late 70's that I began playing on.

The boom of the gaming industry in terms of making it a more mainstream activity has certainly contributed to game developers often dumbing down their games in a response to making them more accessible. Even the addition of multiple modes of difficulty have been done shoddily with most taking the very lazy route when doing this.

Uncharted while I have completed the last two I have a slight problem with as its in many ways a poor version of the 90's Tomb Raider games. Its levels are often very linear with very little adventuring going on or any real thinking asked while playing the game. The graphics are fantastic but give some of its predecessors that covering then you'd find Uncharted to be a bit shallow.

Deus Ex I loved the original by Ion Storm and it was the second best offering of its type behind System Shock II. It was a wonderful mix of multiple genre's with multiple ways to go about your missions which made it a great experience. The sequel a few years later tried to jump on the game industry boom and capture the wider audience and made a very shallow game in comparison. The fact Ion Strom are no longer on board and its now Eidos in-house that are developing the game worries me about how much depth there will be in the game, will just have to play and find out I suppose.

I'm hoping Deus Ex does bring back the magic of the original as Eidos are currently working on one of my favourite series in Thief and this will give me a idea of what to expect. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down