The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand

+13
sirBiggles
nganboy
screamingaddabs
brennomac
Bathman_in_London
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
PenfroPete
FranklinTempleton
aucklandlaurie
Standulstermen
kingjohn7
Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour
RDW
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand

Post by RDW Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Me and the missus are going to be in Auckland for the Scotland V England game but haven't managed to get tickets. Can anyone recommend a decent boozer to watch the game with good banter and decent screens? Will there be a fan park or something showing the game? Would we be better going somewhere near the stadium or is the city centre the best shout?

Due to the discussion that has been going on in this post I have changed to title to include the whole of New Zealand - so if anyone would like so information for a place they are going then post it on here and we will see what people come up with!

Edit - KRD,
Feel free to post details of restaurants and other things to do/see too - we don't want our guests to believe we think they're only interested in drinking afterall Wink

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:02 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Unstickied)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand

Post by Rangiora Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

Stadium ports bar on corner of St Andrews and Great King street in Dunedin is good for watching and serves good selection of NZ beers and tasty food.

Watched 4 games there last weekend whilst attending the England game, cracking atmosphere in that new stadium .

Rangiora

Back to top Go down

Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby pubs (and other attractions) in New Zealand

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

Now that the RWC has finished I'm going to move this down to the Travel section
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:49 am

I haven't read all of the thread so sorry if I repeat what has already been said but my favourite things that I did in NZ, in no particular order, were:

The Tongariro Crossing
Swimming with seals in Kaikoura
Milford Sound
Franz Josef Glacier walk
Watching my female friend bungy jumping as I was too scared

I'd recommend any of those to anyone, apart from the last one as you probably don't know my friend.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

Laugh love it.

Just had a look at the tongariro crossing, mate, looks fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't manage to fit NZ in when I went over to Aus, but it's certainly something I'll be looking into in the future.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:25 am

Well woth a trip Fists, I spent 5 months in New Zealand, mainly on the South Island and it was great.

Bungee jumping is a great buzz as are the sky dives. There is also great white water rafting.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Not sure I could do a bungee jump...watching the idiot abroad standing atop that huge one in NZ made me feel sick, and that was just through my TV set!!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:10 am

If you're a bit nervous they have one in Queenstown that's not as high and above a river so it doesn't look as intimidating as heading towards a bunch of rocks.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2