The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic?

+10
Positively 4th Street
yloponom68
JuliusHMarx
A-Darts
Josiah Maiestas
newballs
break_in_the_fifth
droogle
socal1976
GillesSimon
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic? - Page 2 Empty Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic?

Post by GillesSimon Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nadal and Federer seemed to have already peaked. The only player who is young and talented enough if he gets to his best again is Del Potro. Are there any talented youngsters that are coming through? What happened to the likes of Dimitrov, Raonic, Gulbis and the likes who have been tipped for the top a few years back?

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

Don't think it'll be Murray or Del Po, Murray will always have poor consistency against the top 3, his destiny is always semi's or lower unless he gets some luck i.e Nadal/Djoko losing early. Del Po will always have mobility issues and gets beat from the back of the court even be Gilles Simon.

I'd like to think Milos will be the first of the younger players to have a Del Po-like run at the slams, Tomic will still be in the picture despite his thrashing at the USO. Monfils has the tactics that can frustrate Novak if they meet in a QF..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the new challenger to Djokovic?

Post by socal1976 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

I don't JM, novak has never lost to monfils, he owns monfils worse than he owns delpotro. Monfils is the most gifted underachiever, he won 3 junior slams in a season, tested off the charts in terms of athleticism by the french federation in their athletic testing (speed, strength, leaping ability, fitness) etc. Yet he has not improved one area of his game from the day he came on the tour. I can't see him being anything more than quarterfinal candy for Novak, ripe for the taking.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

Well maybe not at the French Open, where Novak remains finalless Whistle
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Josiah, my man, we shall see come RG in 2012, his window of opportunity certainly doesn't seem to have closed.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2