The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status?

+2
Sugar Boy Sweetie
GeoffSnapes
6 posters

Go down

What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status? Empty What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status?

Post by GeoffSnapes Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:53 am

Hopefully 2011 will see Amir Khan fight Tim Bradley to unify the division (I say hopefully as the Haye vs Wlad and PBF v Pacquaio fights have shown negotiations are never straight forward). Say Khan beats Bradley and becomes the unified champ how would that affect his p4p ratings? Initially I was thinking he goes in around 5 dothe the achievement of unifying what is known as a very strong division containing Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Ortiz, Kotelnik and Peterson. However,on closer look I don't think wins against Gomez, Kotelnik, Salita, Maidana, a past it Barrera, Paulie added to Bradley would really warrant top 5 from 25 fights. he is definately going in right direction with regards to opposition and therefore I'd rate him at 8 or 9 in the p4p list. He would then be in the 'big league' and should be chasing fights against the likes of Mayweather, Pacquaio and even higher weight champs like Martinez. Where would you rank Khan with a victory over Bradley?

Boxing Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status? Empty Re: What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status?

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 06 Mar 2011, 10:15 am

He'd have to go in the top ten. Bradley is just about a top ten p4per in my eyes, somewhere around the lower echelons. If khan defeats him that will be 4 top ten ranked opponents in his division (paulie, kotelnik, maidana & bradley) and he'd be undisputed top man at 140. You'd have to have him there, between 7th and 10th maybe but of course a lot depends on what others do in the meantime.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status? Empty Re: What would a win over Tim Bradley do for Khan's p4p status?

Post by azania Sun 06 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

Interestingly I read on boxingnews24 that Judah would beat Khan due to Khan's chin. I dont hold that vZab has a very dodgy chin and a fight with Khan would be fun to watch with Khan winning by the 7th imo. Zab seems past it now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 06 Mar 2011, 4:32 pm

azania wrote:Interestingly I read on boxingnews24 that Judah would beat Khan due to Khan's chin. I dont hold that vZab has a very dodgy chin and a fight with Khan would be fun to watch with Khan winning by the 7th imo. Zab seems past it now.

Azania, I wouldn't pay any heed whatsoever to anything on that site-almost all the 'articles' on there are written with the sole aim of generating traffic through use of provocative, biased and downright xenophobic content. Add to this the fact that about six of their current writers seem to be the same guy.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 06 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

He would have to crack the top ten if he beats Bradley.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Sun 06 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

Like the others mentioned he would have to be just placed just in the top 10. 2 weight world champion, become the man at LW and took on enough quality to warrent it.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

kevchadders wrote:Like the others mentioned he would have to be just placed just in the top 10. 2 weight world champion, become the man at LW and took on enough quality to warrent it.

By the LW do you mean light welter or light weight? If he were to beat bradley he'd be the man at light welter, but he was very very far from being the man at light weight. And he's not a 2 weight champion, never won a title at 135lb, he's only ever held the WBA 140lb title.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
kevchadders wrote:Like the others mentioned he would have to be just placed just in the top 10. 2 weight world champion, become the man at LW and took on enough quality to warrent it.

By the LW do you mean light welter or light weight? If he were to beat bradley he'd be the man at light welter, but he was very very far from being the man at light weight. And he's not a 2 weight champion, never won a title at 135lb, he's only ever held the WBA 140lb title.

Meant becoming the man at LWW... and yeah he's just held titles at one weight. got a little confused there.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down