The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing......

+5
AlexHuckerby
Waingro
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Michaels, Sean
9 posters

Go down

Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing...... Empty Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing......

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

Apparently there isn't a fight out there worth it.

Thoughts?

http://mediaweek.co.uk/news/1102253/Sky-axe-pay-per-view-boxing/
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing...... Empty Re: Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing......

Post by Scottrf Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

Breaking news?

Had to check this wasn't bumped from 5 months ago.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing...... Empty Re: Breaking news, Sky shelve pay per view boxing......

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

Scottrf wrote:Breaking news?

Had to check this wasn't bumped from 5 months ago.

Official today scotty
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Ha, I checked it wasn't bumped, too.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Ha, I checked it wasn't bumped, too.

this is offical though. read the link. explains the real reaso haye retired imo.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

I think that is good news for fans boxing was better when it was free ppv is not a good idea imo

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:02 pm

yes but waingro... i give up...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

They need to realise another statement which reads 'Sky shelve boxing', because that's basically what they've done.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:41 am

That report looks like it's been typed up by Waingro using spellcheck.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

Love how this is being portrayed as some big act of altruism on Sky's part, they are dumping PPV because they have nobody who can carry a PPV event, Brook is nowhere near that level now, Khan has not delivered the numbers in the past, Warren has taken his fighters elsewhere and Froch has been hidden away on primetime so is hardly known to the wider audience. Lets wait and see if Khan gets the Floyd fight next year if they maintain this stance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

ShahenshahG wrote:That report looks like it's been typed up by Waingro using spellcheck.

*Waynegrow

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

If Khan fights Mayweather it will be PPV no doubt...
They will justify it as being PPV worthy and the public wanting to see it, to be fair I wouldn't mind.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

I don't think they deserve to host such a bill if they have turned there back on the sport, money talks though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down