The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania

+3
JoshSansom
David Tails
theundisputedY2D2
7 posters

Go down

Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania Empty Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:13 am

Michael Cole has become one of the WWE's biggest heels, attracting heat that most guys can only dream about. It's no fluke either, his verbal delivery and mannerisms are fantastic and he seems a complete natural in the role.

Now he's scheduled to have a match with Jerry 'The King' Lawler at Wrestlemania that Lawler will most likely win, seeing as Stone Cold Steve Austin is the guest referee. But what do you do with Michael Cole following Wrestlemania?

• Reveal him as the anonymous RAW General Manager

• Keep him as a heel announcer

• Make him a full-time manager

• Send him back to the announce table and gradually faze out his heel character

• Something else

Basically, what would you do with Michael Cole and why would you do it?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania Empty Re: Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania

Post by David Tails Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:16 am

I think I would turn him into a full time manager. I wouldn't limit him to just one wrestler either. He could easily have a stable of wrestlers that he promotes.

I think linking him with Swagger is a good plan. Swagger has needed someone to act as his mouthpiece for a while and with the heat that Cole is generating...it seems a natural choice.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania Empty Re: Michael Cole's Role After Wrestlemania

Post by JoshSansom Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:53 am

Cole and Swagger on Smackdown with Swagger joining the Corre and Cole as their manager. I think (hope) that WWE realise that they can't make the samemistakes with the Corre as they did the Nexus and while I don't think the group is perfect it does have the ability to go on and really dominate.

It would also get enough heat to really push Barrett towards main event status if it had Cole in there as well. He could be the direction and focus allowing the guys in the ring to ride the wave.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:57 am

I reckon they have put Josh Matthews onto RAW to try and get a replacement for when Cole switches into a different role maybe, anyone else think that?

I think he may still be a commentator but be a manager at the same time if possible. He has created genuine hatred for himself in his current role though and would be perfect for a Heel manager.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:47 am

Well good ol' JR said previously that the time of the Manager is over. Now I wouldnt like to disagree with a man that lives the business, however I think Cole is absolutely perfect to the 'mouthpiece' as David put it for a up & coming heel.

It doesnt even have to be Swagger, he could quite easily get someone over by just talking rubbish on the mic for them.

I can definately see him heading up some kind of group/stable.

Who would step in for him at the desk, though?

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:47 am

Woops sorry Milky, didnt see your Josh Matthews bit Smile

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:21 am

He can't be the babyface announcer, that would be a massive mistake by WWE.

I don't see what's stopping the company utilising his strengths. And his strength is obviously as a heel promo. I would love to see him form a main event level stable.

Simply by being associated with Michael Cole, much like Bobby Heenan in the 80s, a wrestler would be taken seriously. I might keep him away from Miz and Punk, as those are the top two heels and great talkers in their own right, and I'd make Swagger the main wrestler in the stable. Maybe add in Ziggler and MacIntyre, who both have potential but are missing a certain something. I would also be tempted to turn Big Show heel and use him as a bodyguard type. He could give the group a little rub, and if he was a background player rather than the main man it could work.

They wouldn't work as a group in the way Nexus does; it would be more like an old-fashioned stable where you don't see them all together at all times.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

I'd keep him on commentry for now but have him manage Miz Swagger Kong ect... then i'd do a big angle where he is revealed as the GM

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down