The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask The Tart

+37
x12x
Holymiky
Enforcer
Good Golly I'm Olly
MetalMotty
VDT
sodhat
DDT
Hero
Korankye88
Shot 21 LCFC
Miz NG
BD21
Dr Gregory House MD
Kid Vicious
Dolphin Ziggler
shortnuff
Fernando
pledgeX
Adam D
Crimey
UpsideDownFace
Mackem
theundisputedY2D2
TwisT
Samo
Brady12
Skyforger
MtotheC
JoshSansom
PerrySaturnsDodgyEye
incontinentia
We Want Edge
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
crippledtart
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ask The Tart - Page 4 Empty Ask The Tart

Post by crippledtart Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

By popular demand (Miky), here is a v2 verson of my 606 thread "Ask Me Ref".

As stated on the 606 version, this isn't just for people to ask me questions (I do not consider myself to be the biggest wrestling genius in the world contrary to the impression you get from some of my posts!), it's for people to ask questions and ANYONE who knows the answer to provide it.

This is not an opinion thread, per se. It is for those random wrestling musings you may have had but never got the answer to.

So if there's anything you ever wondered about wrestling, and never knew who to ask, go for it.

Edit - KRD. The first 1000 or so Ask the Tart posts can be found here https://www.606v2.com/t28548-ask-the-tart-archive-1

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Ask The Tart - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask The Tart

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Following the interview with Zach Gowen, are there any other examples of wrestlers overcoming such extreme physical problems and making it to a major company?

Two I can think of but neither are as extreme as Gowen's

Kerry Von Erich lost his foot in a motercycle crash in 1986 (it was amputated at the time or just after) but still managed to carry on as a top star in World Class and was signed to WWF and became Intercontinental champion in the early 90's with a prosthetic foot.

Flair was told after a plane crash he would never wrestle again aged 26, that doctor needs sacked.

Was Flair found naked and bleeding over his sports jacket?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:41 am

Adam D wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Following the interview with Zach Gowen, are there any other examples of wrestlers overcoming such extreme physical problems and making it to a major company?

Kerry Von Erich lost his foot in a motercycle crash in 1986 (it was amputated at the time or just after) but still managed to carry on as a top star in World Class and was signed to WWF and became Intercontinental champion in the early 90's with a prosthetic foot.

Flair was told after a plane crash he would never wrestle again aged 26, that doctor needs sacked.

I reckon Flair was born naked and covered in blood (like most of us I may add) and just thought 'I like this'

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

Adam D wrote:

I reckon Flair was born naked and covered in blood (like most of us I may add) and just thought 'I like this'

I reckon that when Flair was born and the doctor went to cut the umbilical cord he slipped and ended up cutting Flair's forehead open. On seeing the blood, the newborn Ric Flair decided this was for him, promptly got backdropped by a nurse before stealing his father's cream sports jacket and riding off down the hospital corridor in a wheelchair.

And so a legend was quite literally born.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 am

Do you think instead of the normal baby cry of Waaaaaaaa! he delivered a Woooooooo! instead?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 am

Hero wrote:Do you think instead of the normal baby cry of Waaaaaaaa! he delivered a Woooooooo! instead?

No doubt.

And when the nurse slapped his arse, he tapped out and immediately realised he'd never be able to win a fight with a woman.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
Hero wrote:Do you think instead of the normal baby cry of Waaaaaaaa! he delivered a Woooooooo! instead?

No doubt.

And when the nurse slapped his arse, he tapped out and immediately realised he'd never be able to win a fight with a woman.

When young Ric was growing up and he was learning his numbers and letters he had to use the figure 3 leg lock ...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Were there any plans that are known of set in place had HHH won the King of the Ring in 96? That was the plan if I remember correctly, before the Curtain Call incident. This is as close as i'll go for a "what if" moment

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Were there any plans that are known of set in place had HHH won the King of the Ring in 96? That was the plan if I remember correctly, before the Curtain Call incident. This is as close as i'll go for a "what if" moment
Good question. I think people exaggerate Triple H's punishment; within a few months he was in the IC title scene, which is probably where they were planning for him to be anyway, and he went on to be King of the Ring the following year. I actually think things worked out perfectly for him - that extra year of working in the midcard allowed him to find himself as a performer, and the KotR win in '97 coincided nicely with the beginnings of DX.

It really was only when he was paired with Chyna that he started to get over at all, and over the course of 1997 he gradually got to a point where he shed the blueblood gimmick and the thought of putting him in a rebellious heel faction led by Shawn Michaels became anything other than a ridiculous idea.

In 1996, he was miles away from main event level, as a wrestler, a talker and a gimmick. There was nothing they could have done with him other than what they did, which was feud him with Marc Mero over the IC title. And even then he seemed to be punching above his weight.

In fact, I almost think the decision to award the KotR '96 win to Austin was probably almost as beneficial to Triple H in the long term as it was to Austin himself!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Crips,

I just wondered as i was watching some of The Rock's funniest moments today if there was ever a time that The Rock could of or should of been the number 1 star? In my opinion Steve Austin deserved the number 1 star spot aswell but i also think that The Rock could of been number 1 aswell. I just wondered if there was ever a time that it might of or could of been different. Was there anyone else who could of been the number 1 star in the same time period or was it always destined to be Steve Austin?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Holymiky wrote:Hi Crips,

I just wondered as i was watching some of The Rock's funniest moments today if there was ever a time that The Rock could of or should of been the number 1 star? In my opinion Steve Austin deserved the number 1 star spot aswell but i also think that The Rock could of been number 1 aswell. I just wondered if there was ever a time that it might of or could of been different. Was there anyone else who could of been the number 1 star in the same time period or was it always destined to be Steve Austin?
This question is answered on this week's podcast!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 pm

My choices of Val Venis and Billy Gunn weren't well received. Sad 

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Fair to say options were limited

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Even if choices were limited they should never have dissolved to Ahmed Johnson.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Could Cena win the Rumble as World Champion then face the WWE Champion at WM30 to unitify the Belts?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 pm

VDT wrote:Could Cena win the Rumble as World Champion then face the WWE Champion at WM30 to unitify the Belts?
Depending on whether WWE plays up the whole "anyone can enter" gimmick

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:24 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
VDT wrote:Could Cena win the Rumble as World Champion then face the WWE Champion at WM30 to unitify the Belts?
Depending on whether WWE plays up the whole "anyone can enter" gimmick
The 2014 Royal Rumble should just have John Cena as all 30 entrants leading to John Cena eliminating John Cena 29 times until the only one left standing is John Cena which means that John Cena is going to Wrestlemania 30!

Then John Cena does the whole annoying 'pointing at the Wrestlemania sign' that everybody seems to do these days.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Thank you very much for answering my "Ask The Tart" question on the podcast Gav, i appreciate it.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm

We enjoyed it too Miky, cheers for putting it forward OK 

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 pm

You are welcome mate OK and i did enjoy it Smile.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

How come certain wrestlers were allowed to keep their names such as John Cena and Randy Orton? I assume with Orton it was because of his Dad but with Cena was it because the WWE knew he'd be massive?

On that note, wouldn't it be better to have Joe Hennig as Joe Hennig to play on who is Dad is and it's better than Curtis Axel.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:45 am

xviperx wrote: On that note, wouldn't it be better to have Joe Hennig as Joe Hennig to play on who is Dad is and it's better than Curtis Axel.

I like Curtis Axel, it was going to be Curt Axel but at the last minute they changed it to Curtis Axel cause it sounded too much like Kurt Angle. If you look at when he became the Paul Heyman guy and was introduced, the graphics on the video say Curt Axel. But it is a nod to family history Curt/Curtis because of his dad and axel because of his grandfather Larry "the Ax" Hennig

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:10 pm

xviperx wrote:How come certain wrestlers were allowed to keep their names such as John Cena and Randy Orton? I assume with Orton it was because of his Dad but with Cena was it because the WWE knew he'd be massive?

On that note, wouldn't it be better to have Joe Hennig as Joe Hennig to play on who is Dad is and it's better than Curtis Axel.
Back when those guys joined WWE, they weren't as controlling as they are now, believe it or not. Even CM Punk managed to keep his name when he signed up in 2005 but if he were to come in now he would almost certainly be given a generic name like Neil Peters.

The reason WWE does this now is because they don't want anyone getting exposure on WWE programming and then making money in another company using said name. Look at the Dudley Boyz / Team 3D and Mr. Kennedy / Anderson when they left WWE they had to change their names because the 'Dudley Boyz' and 'Mr. Kennedy' are WWE's intellectual property. The only guy in recent memory I can think of who kept their gimmick name after leaving WWE is MVP, and I have no idea how he managed to do that. Smile

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I would guess MVP can't be trademarked as it is a normal term and American sports all have MVP awards.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Yeah, I assume he's not called Montel Vontavius Porter when he wrestles in other places. The other thing is that he's supposed to be on really good terms with WWE unlike a lot of others who have left, so it might be with their blessing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Maybe WWE already trademarked the 'MVP' name for Abe 'Knuckleball' Schwartz?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:29 am

Heard that Chris Beniot's son David is preparing to start a tag team with Cody Hall in New Japan - Do you think this team could make it to the WWE with both their fathers pasts?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:01 pm

VDT wrote:Heard that Chris Beniot's son David is preparing to start a tag team with Cody Hall in New Japan - Do you think this team could make it to the WWE with both their fathers pasts?
Hall possibly, as his father was never seen on WWE television at his worst. As for Benoit, no chance whatsoever. WWE would never entertain the notion for a second, simply because they want to pretend Chris Benoit never existed. To be honest I can't blame them for that; there is absolutely nothing that WWE can gain by employing Chris Benoit's son.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 am

In an interview, William Regal said to Steve Austin that Randy Savage v Ricky The Dragon Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 was his favourite match until he found out the truth about it. Do you know what Regal was talking about?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 pm

I've heard this a few times over the years, I've never heard anything sinister said about it though, apparently it was due to Macho Man planning this match out meticulously, Steamboat (like Austin & Regal and many others) enjoyed playing off the emotion of the live crowd and calling matches on the fly but Savage was so much more focused on stealing the show that Steamboat felt it was more of a chore.

I think Steamboat went on record as saying his matches with Flair gave him so much more joy as apart from the finishes they would call the match on the fly.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:47 pm

That's exactly what I would take it to mean. The Steamboat match was completely choreographed and practiced in advance.

I bet Regal hasn't expressed that opinion to The Undertaker, who also has tended in recent years to plan his Wrestlemania matches meticulously.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:57 am

Quick question for anyone.

During the Undertaker & Mankind HIAC match, when Foley gets thrown off the top of the cell JR sounds to me (just for a second) like he didn't know it was going to happen. Now, I know it's all scripted etc etc but just for a moment I wondered if the commentators were told what Taker and Foley were planning on doing or not, or is it just me being daft.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 am

I know as a rule of thumb Jerry Lawler doesn't attend any meetings backstage that involve plots etc so that anything that goes on in the ring he's new to as well.
He would probably say it's to add to the realism. In truth he's just a crap commentator that can't be bothered.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 am

He's probably too busy trying to bed the Divas
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Hero wrote:I know as a rule of thumb Jerry Lawler doesn't attend any meetings backstage that involve plots etc so that anything that goes on in the ring he's new to as well.
He would probably say it's to add to the realism. In truth he's just a crap commentator that can't be bothered.

its been years since I've read the dirts but I do remember reading that Jerry Lawler does attend those meetings now, he didn't right up until JR got drafted to SmackDown! but after that draft Lawler was considered the main commentator on RAW even though Cole was the Play by Play guy, whether thats changed since then I have no idea.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Afternoon all, I have 2 quick questions.

I was reading a lot of Wrestlemania stuff this past week and an article I read mentioned some matches that 'nearly happened' but never did for one reason or another. These include Flair v Hogan and Austin v Hogan. One that caught my attention was Vince vs Mick Foley at Wrestlemania 17 (Foley was ref in the Vince v Shane match). Does anyone know what the reasons were why this never happened? Was Foley not fit enough?

Another on this list of nearly matches was Kane v X-Pac at Mania 2000. They wrestled in a tag match (with Rikishi and Road Dogg respectively). Did they not trust the 2 of them to have a decent match at Wrestlemania or were they just trying to get more people on the card?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Mick Foley himself cleared that one up a few years ago, he said that back then he didn't feel he'd ever Wrestle again so turned the match down, he lists it as one of his 3 biggest wrestling related regrets along with not Wrestling on the Eddie Gilbert memorial show and not writing the foreword to Lou Thesz book

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Interesting, cheers KF  thumbsup 

A Vince/Foley match would have been pretty good I reckon. Especially at that time.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Also the whole Kane/X-Pac thing, I remember reading somewhere that some agent at the time was pushing for a barbed wire cage match between the two of them but Vince kicked it into touch, the main reason the 1 on 1 didn't happen though is because Kane broke his wrist so thet made it a tag match to protect him a bit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 pm

If you read that WWE article on Womble (unless you found this elsewhere) I believe it clears them all up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 am

Cheers for your answers lads, appreciate it.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 pm

I was reading an article about Dean Ambrose sticking it to Rene Young and in the comment section there was a reference about Dean having the nickname "Titty Master"

You got any idea why?  Can't say ive heard him being called that ever.

Someone needs to bring that sign to Raw one day. It would make a great WWE shirt.

Im  sure Hero probably knows  Whistle

Last edited by Fernando on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:36 pm

The story doing the rounds is Ambrose wrote 'Titty master' on his wrist wrap once, and it was picked up on camera, hence the nickname.

Ask The Tart - Page 4 Tumblr_n3ozldnwke1srbyoyo1_1280-png

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 pm

I love how it looks like Roman Reigns is holding the sign for Dean haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Im just impressed that he got away with writing that on his wrist tape and the fan got that sign into the arena  Laugh  It has lead to some quality meme's

Ask The Tart - Page 4 As+we+all+know+Dean+ambrose+isn+t+the+titty+master+_3333b8304122e6fece07ca977d2f4736

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 pm

It amazes me the level that some of the fangirls go to over Ambrose, it's borderline obsessive and one was wanting $500 for one of his worn vests the other day, the bitch wouldn't lower it to the $400 I was offering.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun May 10, 2015 3:57 pm

What do you think of adults who wear John Cena shirts?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun May 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Crimey wrote:What do you think of adults who wear John Cena shirts?

I hope the government doesn't cut their funding.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Is Crippledtart still around? I miss that guy.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I believe he was chased off of the internet for calling John Cena fan's retards. He was lynched as a lesson to all of us.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Is that a serious comment or what?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content