The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge

4 posters

Go down

MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge Empty MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge

Post by Fader Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:17 am

Just wondered if anyones done this, am thinking about taking part but need to put a team together if possible so I'm trawling for team mates if anyone fancies it.

Have to enter a team of 3 minimum prefer a team of 4 and just think its in aid of a good cause

Fader

Back to top Go down

MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge Empty Re: MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:18 am

We could go north to askernish, think how long the day would be?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge Empty Re: MacMillan Cancer Longest Day Challenge

Post by JAS Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:52 am

Hi Fader, I did it last year, we played 4 different local courses. Tee'd off in semi darkness at 4.15 am and came up the 72nd fairway around 9.00pm. If it's planned well you'll have a fantastic time. We raised a shedload of cash too although asking for charity donations for playing a whole days golf is actually a bit more difficult than for running yourself into oblivion in a marathon.

Tips...contact the course/courses well in advance, get a few 36 holers in and try at least 1 54 hole day. If you trolley, borrow a spare battery (I forgot that one). Plenty plenty fluids, plenty cereal bars. Play 'ready' golf and if you're out of a hole move on (if the format is the same - 2 scores to count from your group at each hole)

Great day, great experience, great cause. Post the link to the justgiving page when you set it up (I'm assuming you'll get one set up)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:03 am

Thanks Jas,

That's the plan I had in mind was to look at playing 4 course in our local area. Once I've got a team together to play the day for the charity, and I was thinking it may be tough to get sponsors to play golf but all in a good cause. I will post the link up on here hadn't thought of doing that so thanks for the idea.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersixfive Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

I did it about 5 years ago, a great experience but my god it was a slog! I hit the wall on about the 6th hole of the third round as I thought I have to finish this round and then go round again! It was worth it particularly the last 18 a great feeling walking up the 72nd! Advertise it with your mates and family and get them to cheer you on for last 9 holes it makes and big difference! Contact the club ours fed us between each round on the house and enjoy the beers and long hot bath afterwards!

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down