The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super 15 early days but some surprises

+4
gowales
Taylorman
Biltong
emack2
8 posters

Go down

Super 15 early days but some surprises Empty Super 15 early days but some surprises

Post by emack2 Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:06 pm

The Super 15 franchise system,has devalued this tournament for me but the following observations I will make.
My field of expertise is mostly New Zealand Rugby,here the two NZ Favourites are languishing at the bottom of
the pile.Crusaders have yet to field Carter and McCaw,or get there AllBlacks on the field regularly yet,but the form
of Bleyendale in particular must please Black adder.Curious use of Dagg at wing and Maitland at full back.The draw
favours them as they have home games run in this year.Blues injuries have ruined there start,Hurricanes,Chiefs and
Highlanders[especially]are doing well.
Stormers leading the Bok franchise,Sharks and Bulls doing ok,usual suspects trailing,Aus. Franchise Reds going strong
so far as expected ,Brumbies to Waratahs so so,Rebels and Force trailling.So far Reds wins have been in Aus Super
Rugby is decided on the road.The draw always helps,Bulls have`nt met the Crusaders at home for at least 4 seasons
including this one.
Its a long way to go till end of August ,but from a NZ point of view it is pleasing to see real progress with the youngsters
holding up there hands especially at 9 and 10.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Super 15 early days but some surprises Empty Re: Super 15 early days but some surprises

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:19 am

Alan, Bulls met Crusaders at home in 2011, Obviously they had to play in Timiru due to the earth quake.

The Bulls also met the Cursader in Christchurch in 2009.

It alternates one home one away.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Super 15 early days but some surprises Empty Re: Super 15 early days but some surprises

Post by Taylorman Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

Hi Alan, Biltong...with the euphoria of the 6N over perhaps time to settle into a few weeks of sxv...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

I believe they are playing Dagg on the wing because of his recent leg injuries he isn't able to kick as much.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Taylorman wrote:Hi Alan, Biltong...with the euphoria of the 6N over perhaps time to settle into a few weeks of sxv...

Absolutely, I promised I will give my undevided attention to the six nations this year and I have done that.

Now it is time for this monstrosity called the Super Plenty, or as locals ere would call it Amaplenty.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:12 am

The 6 Nations has been a welcome distraction from Super xv,especially when ones an Auckland Blues supporter.

Anyway this week Nonu and Weepu have to face their old team mates,oh dear.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: The 6 Nations has been a welcome distraction from Super xv,especially when ones an Auckland Blues supporter.

Anyway this week Nonu and Weepu have to face their old team mates,oh dear.

Gear and Hore managed that all right on the weekend Laurie Smile. Though I admit I wouldn't be betting too much on the Blues.

Crusaders have their first "proper" home game this week. And it's against the Cheetahs Very Happy

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

Stupid penalties by Thrush and some dropsies gave the game to the highlanders. I was a bit disappointed with the intensity of that game. Looked like two sides trying hard but playing averagely.

Notably Rutledge won the day (again) for the Deep South.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

Haven't seen any S15 rugby yet due to the 6 Nations.

However someone is kindly posting the full games on youtube so I can see me spending a few hours catching up.

Any recommendations of what games to watch and ones to give a cold shoulder to so far.

Kiwi Wallaby Springbok

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

doctornickolas wrote:Haven't seen any S15 rugby yet due to the 6 Nations.

However someone is kindly posting the full games on youtube so I can see me spending a few hours catching up.

Any recommendations of what games to watch and ones to give a cold shoulder to so far.

Kiwi Wallaby Springbok

Bit of a so so this week.

To be honest all the teams have already had highs and lows except the Highlanders but probably Bulls vs Reds and Highlanders vs brumbies are the key upper table matches.

For NZ so far the more All Blacks a team has the worse they're performing so that might be due to not enough rest over the break.

Cheetahs are playing good stuff at the mo too.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down