The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players

+2
liverbnz
Perfect Jack
6 posters

Go down

Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players Empty Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players

Post by Perfect Jack Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:17 pm

United fan in peace here, just saw the following on the BBC Sport website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9442542.stm

What do the Liverpool fans think?

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players Empty Re: Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players

Post by liverbnz Fri 01 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

I think the sponsers should be told where to go. Even if we did sign an Asian player now, and there are some good ones out there, it would be totally undermined by this stupid request.

This would be like Barclay's instructed the EPL to have penalties at the end of every draw to find a true winner. It's not their business so keep out.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players Empty Re: Liverpool Sponsor wants club to buy Asian players

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

Their is some decent Asian players out their but for a sponsor to get involved like that is bad. If I was the board and Kenny I wouldn't sign 1 out of spite.
Although they can be a moneymaker in the East. I'm a Celtic fan and Nakamura was worth £5m a year to us in Eastern revenue.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 1:58 pm

The last thing the sponsors need to be doing is sticking their oar in regarding signings. As liverbnz has said if we were to sign someone like Keisuke Honda - who we've been linked with in the past - you'd get all sorts of rumblings about him only being signed because the sponsors wanted it, which is hardly the sort of environment you want to be bringing a player into.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:The last thing the sponsors need to be doing is sticking their oar in regarding signings. As liverbnz has said if we were to sign someone like Keisuke Honda - who we've been linked with in the past - you'd get all sorts of rumblings about him only being signed because the sponsors wanted it, which is hardly the sort of environment you want to be bringing a player into.

I agree but Honda is a good player and would prove he is worthy of being at a club like Liverpool.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 2:00 pm

Yeah Nakamura was a crackin wee player too, and I say that as a Ger. Plenty of talent coming from the orient and they seem to be a better class of player. Less interested in making headlines, aftershaves and sports car ads they work their arses of for a place in the starting 11. And I've yet to hear of Park JiSung crashing his Hummer into a lampost or getting barred from nightclubs.

That said sponsors should be silent partners. It's not pro evo where they can come in with demands above their involvement

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Yeah Nakamura was a crackin wee player too, and I say that as a Ger. Plenty of talent coming from the orient and they seem to be a better class of player. Less interested in making headlines, aftershaves and sports car ads they work their arses of for a place in the starting 11. And I've yet to hear of Park JiSung crashing his Hummer into a lampost or getting barred from nightclubs.

That said sponsors should be silent partners. It's not pro evo where they can come in with demands above their involvement

They are putting a lot of money into the club and probably saying it would be of benefit to both if you had an asian player. Would bring more money into Liverpool. I don't like it but it would be worthwhile if you can get one who is good enough.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

There is a helluva lot of money to be made from Asia and signing a player wouldn't be the worst thing to happen IMO, there are so pretty good South Korean's and Japanese, if teams like Brussia Dortmund and Manchester Utd can afford a place in their teams for certain Asian players and see that it benefits on the field as well as off it then I think Liverpool could do a lot worse

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:47 am

lol yeah absolutley, and korea won the world cup apparantly..... Wink

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

TipToes88 wrote:lol yeah absolutley, and korea won the world cup apparantly..... Wink
laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down