The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajmal Shahzad leaves Yorkshire

+2
JDizzle
Shelsey93
6 posters

Go down

Ajmal Shahzad leaves Yorkshire Empty Ajmal Shahzad leaves Yorkshire

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 01 May 2012, 6:30 pm

Ajmal Shahzad has left Yorkshire with immediate effect. I guess that Somerset is a potential destination? Sounds like he probably either fell out with somebody, or desperately wanted a change of scene after a really poor season last year, and an unexciting start to this campaign.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Ajmal Shahzad leaves Yorkshire Empty Re: Ajmal Shahzad leaves Yorkshire

Post by JDizzle Tue 01 May 2012, 6:34 pm

I hope he comes to Somerset. He'd be a good signing for us with all the injuries in the bowling department at the moment, and being "forced" to rest Philander. He is going on 27 now, but he still has room for improvement ahead of him and playing in Div 1 again will be a lure.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 03 May 2012, 1:24 pm

Seen as this about Somerset potentially signing a player, I thought I'd add some more news on them. Chris Gayle has pulled out of his T20 contract with Somerset for the T20 this summer after reconciling with the WICB. Apparently Somerset are considering legal action over this after he had already signed a contract with them. Faf du Plessis is his replacement (not bad!).

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu 03 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Surely Gayle would have had an exemption clause in his contract? If not one can only conclude that he's as stupid as he can come accross sometimes... Anyway, if he doesn't if he's got any sense he'll surely seek a settlement, because Somerset would have the right to be aggrieved.

Du Plessis is a very fine player, although not in Gayle's class with the bat he is a tremendous fielder.

Yorkshire keeping very quiet about the Shahzad affair, I wonder what happened...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 03 May 2012, 2:34 pm

So another Saffer joining Somerset. When I saw Gayle wasn't coming I genuinely thought we would see Cameron White back this summer.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 03 May 2012, 8:33 pm

You'd imagine Gayle would have done, but for the money Somerset I would imagine offered him plus the fact he doubted he could get over his disagreements with the WICB he might have not put on in there.

Yeah, obviously I'd have preferred Gayle but Faf is a decent replacement and offers more in the field than Gayle but I would have loved, and I think everyone would, to have seen Gayle play T20 cricket here.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 04 May 2012, 8:56 am

Seems to be a difference in philospies that has caused Shahzad to be released. He wants to play one way, Yorkshire another.

He would be an excellent addition to any team that lets their bowlers attack. Only problem for Ajmal is that it probably won't earn him a Test call-up.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 07 May 2012, 10:34 pm

According to one source on Twitter Shahzad might be heading to Lancashire laughing That's one way to get your own back on your old team.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 08 May 2012, 1:06 am

Yeah, I heard Lancs as well! Bumble seems to be sure he is going to Lancs anyway! Devastated as a Somerset fan.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 08 May 2012, 8:08 am

Yorkshires official Twitter feed confirmed he has joined Lancs this morning.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down