The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I Love Wimbledon

Go down

Why I Love Wimbledon Empty Why I Love Wimbledon

Post by hawkeye Tue Jun 19 2012, 14:31

One of my favourite times of the year is the Wimbledon fortnight. Back in the dim distant past it used to be the only tennis I watched. It was easy to imagine that it was the only time that tennis was played... So at this time of year always feel a bit of nostalgia tinged with excitement in the build up.

It's great to get saturation coverage of tennis in this country. The BBC has a red button so you can choose what to watch on TV and not have to rely on a shaky live feed. I enjoy a bit of gossip and for once the sports pages are full of tennis. Love all the old champions wheeled out as commentators even if I don't love all of them... It's great that everyone is talking about tennis and if I'm lucky I get to feel knowledgable as I explain a few things.

Most of the players view Wimbledon as really important (if not the most important) so try to play their best tennis. This is understandable as the shiny gold Wimbledon trophy is the ultimate tennis prize.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down