The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v. NZ--T2 Bangalore

+10
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Fists of Fury
JDizzle
Mad for Chelsea
Mike Selig
skyeman
Duty281
msp83
KP_fan
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

India v. NZ--T2 Bangalore Empty India v. NZ--T2 Bangalore

Post by KP_fan Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:08 pm

Pitch might assist seamers..whatever that means in the Indian context.
Dhoni is mad for not getting the spin and bounce that he has been openly asking for.
Showers are predicted.

So NZ stands a chance of winning...because the quality of their seamers is good.
At the very least they should not lose.

we want to see more competition than we did in T1

Last edited by KP_fan on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

India v. NZ--T2 Bangalore Empty Re: India v. NZ--T2 Bangalore

Post by KP_fan Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:11 pm

Dhoni on pitch......

Frankly, we were expecting turning tracks, the last two wickets I don't see them as turning tracks," he said a day ahead of the Bangalore Test. "This wicket also doesn't look like a turning track. We have put our request through and after that whatever wickets are provided we'll have to play on them."

Much of India's home success in the 1990s had come using a three-spinner strategy, the most prominent trio being Anil Kumble, Venkatapathy Raju and Rajesh Chauhan. When asked whether India were pondering using that tactic in Bangalore, Dhoni scoffed, "Have you seen the wicket?" suggesting that he expected it to assist the quick bowlers.

While India rely heavily on spin, New Zealand are dependent on their fast bowlers, frequently deploying a four-quicks strategy in recent times. "I think they have a good bowling side especially on this kind of wicket and in overcast conditions they will come up with a good bowling plan and execute their plans well," Dhoni said. "Hyderabad was a bit different as there was not much for the pacers, still their fast bowlers got wickets."
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

I will be very disappointed if the track doesn't turn and offer bounce to the spinners. But I won't be surprised one bit. The idiots at the BCCI would have been very concerned as the 1st test ended on the 4th day itself despite a lot of time lost to the weather.
I don't think there will be a great deal for the seamers, but if New Zealand could get their act together, they could easily walk away with a draw.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 30 Aug 2012, 5:16 pm

msp83 wrote:I will be very disappointed if the track doesn't turn and offer bounce to the spinners. But I won't be surprised one bit. The idiots at the BCCI would have been very concerned as the 1st test ended on the 4th day itself despite a lot of time lost to the weather.
I don't think there will be a great deal for the seamers, but if New Zealand could get their act together, they could easily walk away with a draw.

Nope it's not out of ignorance but circumstances.......I read the curator explain and Kumble the president of KSCA reiterate.

Normally they leave a cover of grass on the pitch and shave it off 3 or 4 days before the start of the match.......to let it dry in the sun....and crumble also.....whihc then makes the pitch one that assist the spinners.

It has been raining / drizzzling and certainly overcast most of the last week in Bangalore...hence the curator didn't get the opportunity to "shave off" and "sun-dry" the pitch.

neverthless I am sure tonight...they will shave-off the grass.......and if sun appears it will dry and turn on D4 and D5.
I don't think it will seam a lot.......but it will certainyl not spin on D1 like it did in Hyderabad.

So if you want to bet on a draw given that showers are forecasted throuhg the next 5 days...........you might win a healthy 2.25 return per the odds on bet365 as of now
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

New Zealand batting has been collectively poor for some time, and that is the major hoping point for India and not so much of favorable conditions.
But McCullum, Guptill And Taylor are good batters and Williamson is someone who has done well in India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

Should be another routine win for India.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:25 am

When McCullum went for yet another duck, lbw Khan, i feared the worst but Guptil and Williamson put on a useful 50 partnership before Williamson fell to Ojha lbw for 17. NZ 63/2

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:27 am

Guptil 50 from 61 with eight fours playing aggressively. NZ 69/2

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:31 am

Looks like rain may be coming though, gone quite overcast, floodlights blazing away.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:38 am

Taylor could do with a score today after only 9 runs in the 1st Test. Ashwin getting him twice. And promptly Ashwin comes on to bowl.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:42 am

Taylor sweeps Ashwin for six, on 15 from 10 NZ 85/2 and motoring just now.

Different tatics it seems after the 1st Test misery.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:47 am

Guptil gone, caught midwicket off Ohja for 53, too aggressive and a bad shot.

NZ 89/3. Indias morning.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 7:03 am

Lunch NZ 108 for 3. Very positive batting, 13 4's and a 6, But with this great looking batting track, definitely India's session.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:17 am

Taylor shredding the Indian bowling....and that's the way to bat....when you are so far down
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:40 am

Ross Taylor is playing to his strength, and on a lifeless track he's taking the Indian bowling to the cleaners.
But Ashwin has a wicket and its Flynn, guess how? yes, on the sweep, out LBW!.
NZ 196-4.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:41 am

Taylor is 87 of 73. But India have managed to find way to get the others around him. But if he bats another session then NZ should have a pretty decent total.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:44 am

I think Dan Flynn should now spend some time out of the side, BJ Watling who batted really well during the West Indies ODI series should get a decent run in the test side. Its been a touch dificult for Flynn without a fixed batting position, he batted 6, 5, 3, and even opened, but he's making the same mistakes again and again.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:47 am

I think India would take anything under 350 very happily.
New Zealand will be disappointed if they are shot out for anything below 400 on a good pitch to bat after batting first.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:26 am

Ton for Taylor, a captain's knock!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:55 am

Taylor on his ex-home ground.......his market value for the next auction sky-rocketing
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

New Zealand 240-5 at tea.
James Franklin the last out, a very soft dismissal, caught at Midwicked of an Ojha Full toss. Sharp catch from Raina though. Southee and Bracewell are good hitters down the order, but are not known for their stickability. So added pressure on Taylor.
India would be happy with their position at the moment, a few more runs than what they would have bargained for at this point, but 5 wickets are enough compensation.
Zaheer has had a lot of bowling already today, really upping the pace in that last spel, consistently bowling in the late 130s and early 140s. If the spinners aren't bringing early wickets after tea, he should be brought back for a spel to see if there is some reverse on offer.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

Just been catching up with the highlights.

It is pretty much as I said before the series, this NZ batting line-up doesn't have the nous to bat for long periods of time. In the first test they went into their shells, here they have come out guns blazing. It is somewhat reminiscent of how England batted in the winter, until they at last found some middle ground in the final test in Sri Lanka.

Taylor has played well, but could get out any moment I always feel.

Having said that Williamson was unlucky, that was going over the top IMO. No excuses for Franklin or Flynn though.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:37 am

van Wyk looks a pretty organised player, needs to guide NZ to a respectable score here, but like msp I think anything below 350 will be a very good result from India's perspective.

Ashwin into the attack, surprised he wasn't on earlier TBH.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

India will have to take that new ball as soon as it is available, Yadav can rough Bracewell up with a few short ones and Zaheer can try and nip out a couple with it. New Zealand are already beyond 300, If India can't get another couple more wickets today, then it would be NZ's day.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

The umpires have taken the players off due to bad light with about 8 overs remaining, New Zealand 328-6. A significant partnership for the 7th wicket, 82 so far between Van Wyk and Bracewell. Dhoni just took the new ball, and tomorrow the Indian bowlers will have an opportunity to attack with it. I think a good day for New Zealand with a little of advantage with them. 328 is a decent total, but India can take heart from the fact that they have taken 6 wickets.
Superb innings from Ross Taylor, it was great entertainment till it lasted.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:35 am

Day belongs to NZ

Loose captaincy by Dhoni......especially after Taylor was out.

Dhoni is a good captain..when things are going his way.....his bounce-bility is low especially after the W'cup win.

if he is not careful......NZ may reach 400..from here and one collpase from India in first inning...and India could be staring at defeat batting on D5 pitch
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

Fairly even day for me, 328-6 is a decent but not spectacular effort on what is a reasonably flat pitch that is only offering some slow turn so far. NZ will want 400 to reach about par, and at the rate they've scored it means they have progressed the game quickly already. If India can wrap it up quickly tomorrow morning for about 370 then they will be very pleased and will be well on top as I can't see NZ orchestrating a Indian collapse, especially with Patel being their only real spin option.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

Don't underestimate Patel, Jdizzle. He has proved at Warwickshire this season, and in the last Test, that he is a very capable bowler indeed. He could have taken 6 or 7 wickets last Test if NZ could catch...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:57 am

He is a very solid operator, but I can't see him tearing through an Indian batting line up on Indian pitches. It's not a slight on him per se, he is never going to be a world beater but he can be a decent Test match operator it is just that no spinner finds it easy on Indian pitches against those players and I can't see NZ having enough of a lead come fourth innings for him to have a real, match winning effect.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:05 pm

NZ scoring at over 4 an over and at 328/6 it's their day. They'll still need to reach 400 and then maybe with an early wicket or two they can panic the Indians.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

If New Zealand reach 400 then there would be some pressure on India. In that case all their batting guns, particularly Virender Sehwag will have to fire so that they could have a decisive first innings lead. But for the last couple of yearss the Indian batting hasn't quite produced those high points, even in the home series against the West Indies the batting unit wasn't at its best. Gautam Gambhir hasn't scored a test ton for a very long time now, Pujara and Kohli are still on their way to establishing themselves as solid test cricketters, and Raina hasn't quite proved himself in the longest format. So Batting NZ out of the match with a brutal first innings will take some doing. The best situation for India would be to bowl NZ out around 360-370 at the most and then have a sensible, solid first innings.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

good day for NZ well batted Ross taylor clap

however india only need to avoid defeat to win the series, so NZ's bowlers need to fire as well otherwise could be a bore draw..

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:30 am

Good morning's work from the Indian bowlers, New Zealand allout 365. Zaheer, Ojha and Yadav picked up a wicket each and Bracewell was runout by Zaheer.
But 2 early strikes from Tim Southee has dented India's advantage significantly, Gambhir and Pujara already back in the hut, and Sehwag and Tendulkar desperately need to stay out there in the middle.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:37 am

Tendulkar yet again going into a shel, and more often than not that would be the path to his downfall.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:58 am

4 of 35, Tendulkar really is very much into his shel.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:08 am

India 63-2 at lunch. Sehwag living rather dangerously but he has moved on to 39. Sachin Tendulkar is not out on 4, but he's not able to get going as yet.
Overall, even session I would say.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

Sehweg and Tendulkar went quickly after lunch to Bracewell. But Raina (47 off 54 so far) and Kohli have added 71 In 15 overs to lift India to 151/4
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

Raina nicks out down leg to Southee for 55, 186/5
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

I am not surprised at how the game stands now...India on the back foot.....and NZ sensing a chance of an equalizer.

The way the game stood last night....this was a likely scenario...if Indian batting collpased....which i saw coming and as stated yesterday

India's problems is because Tewndulkar is using these test matches as a practise game to play himsefl in.......as is Gambhir ain't in any kind of form, Sehwag's decline is terminal......he flashes aroung but can't go beyong 40s and 50s and 60s......unlike in the past where with this approach he would convert some of the starts into big 100s.

Kiwi wicket keeper Van Wyk is extremel impressive with the bat and behind the stumps...and Taylore set it up with intent and purpose throuhg his counter attack.

This NZ team is very talented.......seam bowling very good quality...they probably need one specialist batsman more in place of Franklin to get more balance..

India has taken NZ lightly and for granted......but might just get away
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

This is as good a picth will get in India offering balance between bat and ball...

swing with new ball
some bounce throuhgout........not bouncy like aussie pitches, but only relative to average indian pitches
reverse swing for those who know how to exploit....
spin albeit slow now....and with some unevenness on D4 and 5

It seems Ind might get within +/- 30 runs of the NZ total.......making it a battle of 2nd innings.
NZ will still have the better of batting conditions in second inning.......and should not collpase for 200ish
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

KP_fan wrote:This is as good a picth will get in India offering balance between bat and ball...

swing with new ball
some bounce throuhgout........not bouncy like aussie pitches, but only relative to average indian pitches
reverse swing for those who know how to exploit....
spin albeit slow now....and with some unevenness on D4 and 5

It seems Ind might get within +/- 30 runs of the NZ total.......making it a battle of 2nd innings.
NZ will still have the better of batting conditions in second inning.......and should not collpase for 200ish

The NZ cricket team can collapse on any pitch Sad
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:23 pm

Good recovery from Kohli and Dhoni, but India are still left with lots of work on day 3.
These 2 will have to see through the first session, if they manage that India will be in the lead. But if NZ get an early opening in the morning India might not go much beyond 300, as the tail after Ashwin is very fragile.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:57 am

Kohli gets the 7 runs needed for his second Test century clap but soon after departs for 103, lbw Southee. Inexplicably shoudering arms to a straight one and giving the ump no choice. Dhoni soon followed lbw Southee for 63, and giving Southee a 5fer. {said last week he should have played} Then Kahn wastes no time in hitting Southee for six, first ball. But again soon after Southee claims his 6th victim as Kahn feathers one to the keeper for 7. Southee continues to run through India, 3 balls later he claims Ojha c van Wyk b Southee 0. Fantastic spell of new ball bowling from Southee.

India have gone from 301/5 to 321/9 and may give NZ a small lead going into their 2nd inns.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:32 am

At least this terrific new ball in India, not the best place for fast bowlers, should give Tim Southee an extended run in the test side.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:35 am

After resisting well for the last wicket and adding 33, India's last wicket falls, Yadav is gone and Boult is the wicket taker. New Zealand go into the 2nd innings with a 12 run advantage, that could have been a bit more had it not been for Ashwin and Yadav's last wiccket partnership. Ashwin remained not out 32.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:36 am

A tricky little spel of batting awaits the new Zelanders before lunch. I think Dhoni should attack with his 2 fast bowlers rather than opening the bowling with a spinner.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:56 am

McCullum and Guptill are taking the attack to the Indians right away. 23 without loss, and we are only in the 3rd over. A bit of luck for McCullum there, LBW appeal from Zaheer not given, that looked out.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:06 am

29-0 in that short session, New Zealand are right on India's face here. The Indian bowling will have to really lift themselves to get their side back in the match. Another hour of Mc Cullum, India will be on the mat.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:50 am

India pulling things back a bit, New Zealand 70-3. Umesh Yadav removed both openers and then R Ashwin struck in his first over to take out Kane Williamson. Ross Taylor is still there though, and Daniel Flynn has joined him. Those 2 had put up a hundred partnership in the first innings. Will Flynn put the sweep shot away for now?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:05 am

as expected India finsihed within 15 runs of NZ.

Tiger Dhoni turns into bunny dhoni against the new ball......Kohli should have done more to get India some lead.

neverthless it's a battle of 2nd innings......and I see they might bundle between 200-250ish lead.

Gambhir is due for a score an should take india throuhg..but if they are able to push the lead to 300+....it can get tricky for India.

runs coming too freely for NZ
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next