The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A weekend with the lads in Europe...

+16
two_tone
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
SharkSoul
Galted
TheMackemMawler
TopHat24/7
Thomond
Adam D
Lumbering_Jack
Fernando
Nakatomi Plaza
teassoc
Il Gialloblu
guildfordbat
Fists of Fury
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A weekend with the lads in Europe... - Page 2 Empty A weekend with the lads in Europe...

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Morning all

It's become almost an annual thing for us in recent years - the weekend abroad in Europe where we sample the local brew, have a couple of nights out and perhaps slot in some minimal sightseeing during the daytime.

Previous excursions have seen us visit Amsterdam, Hamburg (there's a theme developing here, isn't there..) and Zagreb, and we're now looking to visit another European city.

Somewhere traditionally famous for its beer would be good, and if that place is culturally rich and possesses impressive architecture then all the better for it. A place with seriously impressive pubs would always come out on top, though.

Any recommendations from your own European experiences? We're all around 25/26 years old, happy to stay in hostels, and not overly concerned about the price (though Scandinavia is a step too far).

Fire away. Cheers.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

A weekend with the lads in Europe... - Page 2 Empty Re: A weekend with the lads in Europe...

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:22 pm

Haha, you haven't met my mates. They are likely to sleep most of the day, and go out at nights. My plan is to take it easy at nights for the first three days, then have a mad one on the final day. Another thing we've seen is a moving bar, someone pedals you round while you pour your own pints. Looks like it could be dangerous, but would give it a shot.

I've heard the club scene is a bit crazy, I'm not a big clubber but will give them a go.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

A weekend with the lads in Europe... - Page 2 Empty Re: A weekend with the lads in Europe...

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

Well, put it this way, my favourite when it was open (Cafe Zapata) had a huge wrought iron dragons head above the bar extending over the dancefloor which every 10-15 mins also would start shooting flames out in time to the music, so far your hair would almost singe (if you're 6'3" like me).

So you, bit crazy would be one way of describing it Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:11 pm

Anybody been to Stockholm?
What's it like?

Going on the 22nd march for Sweden-Ireland game.

No doubt it'll be quite expensive.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

westisbest wrote:Anybody been to Stockholm?
What's it like?

Going on the 22nd march for Sweden-Ireland game.

No doubt it'll be quite expensive.

Went a long time ago (10 years to be precise) and it was expensive back then!

Nice city, very good public transport, very clean everywhere.

From memory, the ice bar was very good - they drill holes in blocks of ice to serve you vodka in.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

Cheers Adam

Will have most of friday and all of saturday to see the city.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm

"A weekend with the lads".......

This whole thread seems suspect to me.........

Being a red blooded American I feel insulted it's not been taken off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:14 am

How about a weekend with the lads in the Blue Oyster, Truss? I bet a lot gets taken off there.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 1:57 pm

As If you didn't know.... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2