The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour 2014

3 posters

Go down

World Tour 2014 Empty World Tour 2014

Post by SharkSoul Sat 19 Jan 2013, 1:34 am

I'm just starting this thread up to gain as much information from V2ers experiences in travelling abroad before I head off on my world tour next year for 12 months. Aiming to hit Africa, Asia, Oz and New Zealand, South America and then North America before heading back home to the UK.

I've done some considerable travelling in the past but nothing of this nature and was hoping to get some information from anyone who has done something similar to this before. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to check this thread out and I understand it is awhile off yet but better to start to early rather than to late.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

World Tour 2014 Empty Re: World Tour 2014

Post by tammywilson52 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 1:44 pm

I wish to go on world tour. No advice as such.

tammywilson52

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:55 am

One thing I would say is that you are perhaps trying to fit in too much for 12 months. Airfares alone would be a huge cost for that itinerary.

What is your budget likely to be?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

My apologies for the delay in response Fists.

I'm relocating to South Africa upon my return from the World Tour so we could just start off with heading straight to Asia and explore Africa when I'm based in the continent.

My budget will be between £15-£17.5k.  I will be accompanied by my wife who will have a certain amount also.  

I don't have a problem with working whilst travelling if we need to.

North America isn't set in stone either as I've been a number of times.

Any advice or general tips would be greatly appreciated.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:14 am

That's a good budget, Sharksoul, but presumably that is inclusive of flights/visas etc?

If that is the case then I'd say you'd be better served concentrating on two continents and leaving another for future trips.

The general word among the travelling fraternity is £40 per day. For a year that gives you almost £15,000, and then you need airfares on top of that. Obviously it depends on where you go, though. If you spent 8 months in India and South East Asia then you could get away with £20-25 per day, but that'll rocket to £70-75 per day in Australia or New Zealand. £40 is a benchmark used to combine elements of both whereby 60-70% of your time is spent in those cheaper countries.

I'd probably go with your suggestion of worrying about Africa once you are based there. For now, you might be better served concentrating on Asia and the Americas.

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:51 am

Morning Fists,

Yes my budget isn't factoring in flights and/or visas.

Yeah I'm definitely leaning towards my African adventures once I've settled there. Places like Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania are all on the wish list but due to the financial constraints then I think they will have to wait.

I wasn't aware of the £40 a day theory. Thanks.

Will predominantly be based in Asia and South America. I really need to sit down with the other half and discuss the finer details of it. As much as I want some structure to the tour I also want a certain level of flexibility alongside it. Fine tuning that balance is going to be tricky.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

Me and the missus are lining one up for 2015, mate, taking in exactly those places: Asia and South America.

We'll be looking at £15,000 or so all in, based on spending plenty of time in the cheaper destinations, for example Bolivia and Peru over the vastly more expensive Argentina and Brazil; that kind of thing.

I hear you re: flexibility. It takes a degree of planning, of course (thinking certain visas here), but it's definitely important to keep that flexibility and allow for a degree of spontaneity. Something like 'we aim to be in South America by September' kind of thing, leaving the months inbetween free to let your travels take their course. Booking one way flights as and when you are ready to move on is the key to that, and it's what we'll be doing.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:07 am

It looks like we will be corresponding with one another for future travels then Fists.

I've definitely got the bug to experience the world and all it has to offer. I've been lucky thus far to see quite a bit of the world but I'm really looking forward to South America and Asia.

Peru and Bolivia are definitely on the list. A friend of mine spent 5 weeks in South America recently and she did both along with Chile and Argentina. She loved every minute of it.

Will need to look into the visa situation closer to the time and sit down and work out what we need and when we will need it.

I'll keep you posted on my plans and prep and be sure to do the same Fists. Good Luck.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:06 am

Yeah cheers mate, look forward to doing so. I think planning will start in earnest for us around the middle of 2014.

Be good to see how you're getting on within this thread.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down