The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified

+5
The Saint
LondonTiger
Shifty
HammerofThunor
international197
9 posters

Go down

Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified Empty Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified

Post by international197 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:47 pm

As his father was born in Swansea, and he hasn't represented the English Saxons, Ross Moriarty is still eligible to play for the Wales national side.

"8.2 A Player who has played for the senior fifteen-a-side National 
Representative Team or the next senior fifteen-a-side National 
Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team 
of a Union is not eligible to play for the senior fifteen-a-side National 
Representative Team or the next senior fifteen-a-side National 
Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team 
of another Union. "

I believe the England Saxons are 'the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team' in England and not the U20, so he's certainly not tied to England under the current IRB laws. As he is only 19, I suspect he'll be eligible for the U20 JWC next year, but I'm not sure if he's eligible for Wales U20 now that he's represented England U20, but I'm pretty confident that he's still eligible for the Wales Senior Side. Maybe a Welsh region can offer him a place for next season, I would like that. Gareth Edwards played for English schools I believe and went on to represent Wales, so I'm not dismissing Ross Moriarty as a future Welsh international.

As Wales don't have an 'A' team, under the current IRB laws, all of the players that have played for Wales U20 in the 2013 JWC are fully tied to Wales, which I think is great news from a Welsh prospective given their performances in the 2013 Junior SN and their second place finish in the 2013 JWC.

international197

Back to top Go down

Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified Empty Re: Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

Right about Moriarty. However Wales U20 caps only tie to Wales if you play against another nominated second team. Not sure who else nominates the U20 as their second team. France did but they also have an A team sometimes so not sure if still the case.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified Empty Re: Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified

Post by Shifty Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

We know, lol. thumbsup

He's a good player but don't worry about him either way. Wales have loads of good back row players!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:52 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Right about Moriarty. However Wales U20 caps only tie to Wales if you play against another nominated second team. Not sure who else nominates the U20 as their second team. France did but they also have an A team sometimes so not sure if still the case.

France have their U20s as their nominated second team, though yes they do at times play an A-team.

Irrelevant as I cannot see Moriarty being good enough to play for Wales.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:53 pm

I haven't been that impressed with him. Seems to give a lot of penalties away. I thought Hankin did more work for the game against the Baby Blacks and it was when he went off that things started to turn. Still a decent player but certainly nothing to get too excited about.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 23 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Right about Moriarty. However Wales U20 caps only tie to Wales if you play against another nominated second team. Not sure who else nominates the U20 as their second team. France did but they also have an A team sometimes so not sure if still the case.

France have their U20s as their nominated second team, though yes they do at times play an A-team.

Irrelevant as I cannot see Moriarty being good enough to play for Wales.

I think it's just a Welsh thing, a few years ago we (Welsh posters) were up in arms about Rhys Llewellyn playing for New Zealand and wanting him back for Wales. Even now he is a squad player at semi pro level for Canterbury in the NPC, people would still demand he is returned to Wales. Whistle

The Welsh really don't like anyone else playing with their toys! Ross Moriarty is still Welsh Qualified 3933776953
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

Pointless thread, as we already knew this. Like I said stop pretending to be Welsh and find another hobby. Your cretinous comments make me cringe.
Rolling Eyes

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by markb Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:36 pm

You can have him if he agrees, his idiocy cost us the 6N grandslam and we've been better each time when subbed for Sisi, I'm surprised he got as many starts as he did.

markb

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:43 pm

Players develop at different ages, some are late to the game, some show early promise.

England will have the first tabs as he probably can't play for Wales u20s so the only way would be the get a full test cap... Whereas he only needs to play for the Saxons for England to secure him. Could do it quickly just to make sure he doesn't develop into a class player.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sun 23 Jun 2013, 9:23 pm

Agree with some of the others here, not that fussed about Moriarty, from the games I've seen he's probbaly cost us more than he's added in the serious games.  I've no idea why he was starting in front of Sisi.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:15 am

You can have him, he's dross

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down