The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job)

+17
slashermcguirk
HM Murdock
lags72
killer938
Mad for Chelsea
Aut0Gr4ph
CaledonianCraig
lydian
Born Slippy
The Special Juan
Calder106
Cav
JuliusHMarx
banbrotam
kingraf
Danny_1982
hawkeye
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job) - Page 2 Empty Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job)

Post by hawkeye Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Sky commentary team have a great new addition. Murray's Mum. Following recent complaints about Barry Cowan, Virginia Wade and Greg Rusedski this is likely to be a very popular move Very Happy Not only will Sky benefit from her objective views but her stern look will keep everyone on track.

Last edited by hawkeye on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job)

Post by slashermcguirk Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:27 pm

True but it still drives me mad, particularly rusedski. The guy would be calling a Murray win if he was playing nadal at the French open!! I have never seen rusedski call a player to beat Murray, sometimes you need to be impartial. What I like about commentators like Fleming and McEnroe, they are at least realistic.

Rusedski is a grade A clown

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sky Sport Add Murray's Mum To Their Commentary Team (Barry Cowan Keeps His Job)

Post by Danny_1982 Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Fleming was very patriotic in the Isner match the other day. He definitely had his 'USA USA' head on. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he's American after all.

I'm with Juan on this, all countries tv networks support their own. My fiancé is always amazed at how comparatively fair we are here (she's foreign).

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 pm

I hope she gets to commentate on Deli Lopez!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 pm

hawkeye wrote:legendkillarV2. You could be Columbo! Did you watch the whole video? Admit it Judy Murray looked very uncomfortable. She was sitting with her stool facing away from Rafa studiously looking away from him. She did laugh when they talked about how Isner is a tricky opponant for him though. I will take your word that at 0.00 their eyes met but it must have been briefly. Barry Cowan was probably desperate to join in but I'm not sure if he's allowed to sit on those high stools anymore. Maybe you've seen him?
What a load a cobbled danglies, pickled in a sour meadow muffin.

I counted 4 looks in the eye, a congenial laugh or two and nothing about backhands or whatever, you must have been watching the "world according to Hawkeye" version.

Very poor attempt at wumming, you must do better if you want to take the troll crown. You're not descended (or reincarnated) from those debunking monks who rewrote history on a weekly basis for an acre of land back in 1066 ?

For me, its a plus she's on the team, even for a short while, can't see any negatives from this at all.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

JubbaIsle wrote:
hawkeye wrote:legendkillarV2. You could be Columbo! Did you watch the whole video? Admit it Judy Murray looked very uncomfortable. She was sitting with her stool facing away from Rafa studiously looking away from him. She did laugh when they talked about how Isner is a tricky opponant for him though. I will take your word that at 0.00 their eyes met but it must have been briefly. Barry Cowan was probably desperate to join in but I'm not sure if he's allowed to sit on those high stools anymore. Maybe you've seen him?
What a load a cobbled danglies, pickled in a sour meadow muffin.

I counted 4 looks in the eye, a congenial laugh or two and nothing about backhands or whatever, you must have been watching the "world according to Hawkeye" version.

Very poor attempt at wumming, you must do better if you want to take the troll crown. You're not descended (or reincarnated) from those debunking monks who rewrote history on a weekly basis for an acre of land back in 1066 ?

Laugh Laugh Ah! The good old days. The days when it was predicted that Murray would soon be crashing out of the Top 10 and then when he didn't, would never win a Masters and then when he did.............Whistle 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:47 am

kingraf wrote:This is a good move from Sky, given her background, she cant be any less knowledgeable than Cowan, and being Andy's mum, she should give the ratings a push. I do wonder how the commentators will critique Murray matches in her presence.
I doubt we'll notice much difference.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by YvonneT Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't have Sky so haven't seen any of her input there, but I thought she was a pretty good commentator for ITV at the French Open (only heard her during women's matches so possibly that's all she did).

To my mind, she's undoubtedly qualified in her own right to do the job, but I'd still question whether she should have accepted it. My own instinct as a mother would tell me that it would be better to work at a bit more of a distance from my own sons and give them their own space professionally, however suitable I was for a job in such close proximity to them.

Also, given the fuss about John Inverdale's comments on Marion Bartoli, if Judy Murray is going to be a broadcasting professional, I do feel she needs to cut out the commenting on other tennis players' looks, even when flattering rather than insulting. However much it is tongue-in-cheek and just an off camera running joke, it's still inappropriate.

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Laugh Laugh Ah! The good old days.  The days when it was predicted that Murray would soon be crashing out of the Top 10 and then when he didn't, would never win a Masters and then when he did.............Whistle [/quote]

I remember the first time I saw a wum post Banbro, on a bulletin Board on Southampton's unix server, circa 1992 (No I didnt go there, I wasnt clever enough, it was my Father in laws computer and modem) when I was given a chance to trawl the net of comments. I remember reading a rather unwholesome comment left by a student, and thinking, you twit, you'll look and feel really stupid in the morning after you've recovered from your hangover, everyone's going to see that.

Times haven't changed but attitudes have.

Its now Twitter where you have to be careful what you say now. Or if you're Murray, don't make jokes about England !

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2