The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Homepage II

+8
Fluxy
Steven_Sharks
CJB
stnick88
prop_lyd
dammit_chris
Driver
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 Empty Season 6 Homepage II

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Falcons get back amongst the playoff contenders with a win over rivals Sale while the top two begin to draw away from the rest of the pack.

Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 4Leicester Tigers1210023052683734231243
2Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 6London Wasps #1210023002663430231242
3Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 9Northampton Saints #12714300293729281434
4Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 12Sale Sharks #126333072941331261332
5Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 2Gloucester 126152942791528251531
6Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 8Newcastle Falcons12534290293-325270430
7Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 7Harlequins #12525304297731272529
8Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 5London Irish #125163012802132261627
9Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 57Worcester Warriors #12336274297-2324280522
10Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 11Saracens12318247273-2621251722
11Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 48Exeter Chiefs12129267288-2121280917
12Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 1Bath Rugby #12219253312-5923350713

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks. 

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 6 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Homepage II - Page 9 Empty Re: Season 6 Homepage II

Post by dammit_chris Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Haven't Tigers tapped up Freddie Burns? Glimpsed an article with the Gloucester coach fuming about them and how they've spoken to him prior to 1st January.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Not a surprise at all cockerill is a w anker and i expect nothing less from him

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I'd gamble on Rob Andrew ahead of those two, Godman is dreadful.

Be interesting watching Burns for Tigers, could really improve him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Playing behind that pack would do wonders for him, but can't see Cockerill moving away from the Tigers way of playing and telling Burns not to be so creative. If it works would be good for English rugby with Youngs, Burns and Manu.

With Barritt back now, I guess he will go straight back in at 12 come 6Nations, shame Twelvetrees didn't take his chance as the shirt was there to be taken. Hope Lancaster goes for a more attacking back three, May has got to be given a go - can see Ashton staying though.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:31 pm

To be fair he just toured with the boks over here so is
Fit. 21
Years of age and wc ability. A saffers will be spitting if he leaves. Had
Relatively uncomplicated injuries as well. Easy to forget how
Young he is. Single handedly won a currie cup at 19 and impressed at int level.

Buy of the century for glos if they get him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:32 pm

As I said a few months ago I caught burns coming out of a meeting with loads of top brass and agents so this was done then. Good luck to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm

I think Barrett is our 12. Can't see many better at the moment.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:10 am

anonmattyt wrote:To be fair he just toured with the boks over here so is
Fit. 21
Years of age and wc ability. A saffers will be spitting if he leaves. Had
Relatively uncomplicated injuries as well. Easy to forget how
Young he is. Single handedly won a currie cup at 19 and impressed at int level.

Buy of the century for glos if they get him

I think you're overrating a touch there, he's hot potential but hardly has WC ability.

Buy of the century.......he wouldn't even be buy of the season. JOC, North, Fotu'aliti, Bosch etc.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Glos in advanced talks with Rhys priest land. I am well
Happy with that. Quality player although prone to slumps in form

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Is it a race between Gloucester and Wasps to see who can get the most Welsh players in the off season? We're meant to be after him too, not sure why when we have Goode and more in need of some front rowers still, or an out and out no7.

We're meant to have signed Bradley Davies for next year, wonder if that means Palmer will be hanging up his boots.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

I'v put this weeks match thread up for anyone wishing to get there teams in.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Anyone know when the next batch of injuries are on their way? Guessing it is quite soon...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:31 pm

The I word.....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Chris I can tell you Bradley Davies is confirmed and he will sign the moment he is able to legally. All fully agreed in principle and a great signing. Palmer is retiring so frees launch to play 5 and adds depth.

I know quite a few of the welsh players through other friends and brother in law who plays pro. They were on the money re Hibbard, Gough, Davies and Andy Powell.

Cardiff Xmas do was also Davies leaving of and in true welsh style there are a few repercussions. What are your boys like prop??

Also Watch out for some bristol signings in next few weeks. Pretty impressive players and a sign of their backing.

All have been signed with the clause of they don't join if Bristol not promoted so can be poached. However bristol paying top top dollar. Interesting to see a club sign players before up through play offs. Usual complaint is that the club coming up has not enough time. Bristol paying up
Front lump money and players knowing if it does not come off then they can find a club easily with bristol signing on fee.

How does signing on fees effect salary cap? Nick would probably know?

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:06 am

Happy new year to all!  cider 

Predictions will be open till tomorrow lunch time (12pm). No punishments for missing them as I'm still in the festive mood. 

Teamsheets and tactics in by midnight Thursday deadline punishments won't apply this week as we all have better things to be doing!! Prediction deadline will be the usual sunday 3pm.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

A new years present for everyone... May I direct your attention to:
https://www.606v2.com/t47809-injuries

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Good job we have a fantastic depth at Newcastle and are more adapt to cope with these injuries than other clubs in the league #PRspin
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Ouch mine are horrific

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Ouch. Back row taken a hit.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:57 pm

15.Alex Goode
14.Cory Jane
13.Adam Ashley Cooper
12.Brad Barritt
11.Charles Pitatau
10.Dan Bigger
09.Ben Youngs

8.Kieron Read
7.Richie McCaw
6.Juan Smith
5.Paul O'Connell
4.Yoaan Maestri
3.Owen Franks
2.Dane Coles
1.Matt Mullen

16.Darren Dawidiuk 17.Tonga'uhia 18.Scott Wilson 19.Ed Slater 20.Dave Ewers 21.Dave Lewis 22.Henry Slade 23. Rene Ranger

I'v came out ok after injuries , quite happy with that side.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Pete/Nick can you make sure you smash Worcester this weekend pls

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Think that is the lightest I've suffered for quite a few seasons, though lost some very on form players for a bit! Glad it is just one English starter I am going to be missing too. Fofana for that long a little harsh though SJE Smile

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Comical defence from Charlie Walker

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Pooly do you have Waller? Reckon he's going to be an England player, he's looked so good all season - really good club for youngsters to come through at.

Don't think Dickson has had a good season for Saints, always surprised when they don't start the Samoan, who to me is world class.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Yea I've got Waller, very good scrummager.

Saints looking strong, Clarke having a good game.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 pm

To be that good a scrummager at 23/24 is impressive.

Clark has had a good season, he's got very good at the breakdown, but still gives away a few too many penalties.

Refs been ruining this game, so whistle happy - been shocking.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Massive hit from Joe Marler on North.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Terrible ref.

Waller prob best English scrummaging LH after Corbs. Not sure he does enough in loose to be picked ahead of others tho

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Waller is an average scrummager for
Me. Has potential but against the big scrummaging tight heads does not get anywhere.
To be fair he is against a pretty average tight head and hooker in collier and ward. Neither known for their scrummaging.
I would take marler and Mullan over him scrummaging wise.

Saints are better for not relying so much on their scrum now as
They used to with tiny and mujati.

Think saints look the real deal but could certainly strengthen in both prop positions. BT sport were talking about this the other day when discussing where teams can improve personnel wise. Saints on paper are probably the strongest team this year

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Saints def deserved it today, think they are the best team in England - really good when they do well as generally means England will do too, hope Corbs comes back soon.

Eng;and pack could be so good come WC.

Think Pisi might have an early bath...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Also meant to add that Harltey is a great scrummager. Helps make life easier for any side.
Lawes is a different player these days. So improved

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Pisi should of gone there , horrendous tackle. 

How can you say it's not intended to do damage when he flys up makes no attempt to wrap and goes high?

Poor officiating
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Agree with you about Saints being best team - if they keep their best players fit then they will win the league. Alex King has made a huge difference to them, England should have got him.

Only Sarries can match them really with physicality, especially with Burger.

Lawes seems like he's matured a lot this year, not just looking for the big hit anymore - him and Launchbury could form the England lock partnership for best part of a decade.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm guessing you didn't see Waller destroy Adam Jones earlier in the season. He's right up there scrummaging wise, doesn't take much to see he's a strong in the set piece as he's dominated most of the season.

Hard to judge Marler as playing in a poor unit, Mullen has been hit and miss in scrum. Wood has been garbage all season and Mako injured for majority.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Launchbury was unreal against Falcons last week

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:47 pm

North summed it up perfectly there , share the workload between forwards and backs. Keeps everyone in the game longer and tempo high.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Hartley still has his Kiwi accent
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Launchbury could be a special player, might be biased as a Wasps fan but think he could go on and be the player England build their pack around.

Wood's another one, reminds me v much of Richard Hill and seems to get others playing well around him - would still have him as England captain.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:15 am

He's very classy Chris, fantastic player. He's really bulked up too, can't be too far off 19st.

Anybody fancy dealing on a 7?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 am

Just watched highlights of Saints game, Myler looked in a lot of bother, what has Mallinder got against Glenn Dickson at the moment?

Off to the joy of Newport town before watching the Glos game at home! Managed to do something to my ankle playing last week (the joy of hearing 2 cracks and the game stopping for you!) so in a boot and on crutches, find out Friday what I've done.......fun times!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Pooly im on my way to the madejski now. I am nervous were a poor side and worc will be fighting for their life but if we win today it could be curtains for them.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 pm

You'll have to make it a stirring team talk Nick.

We were apparently awful yesterday, Godman dreadful

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Interesting to see how we go in scrum against Saracens today. Nick wood been outstanding last 3 games. Took him a few games after his his ban to get back to his best. Having a new TH has helped also. Wood only played 5 Ap games this year for us.

It's wet as hell here In Glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Wood has been poor for a long time now really, Gloucester pack in general is pretty poor.

If you could mix Falcons pack with Gloucester backs you'd have a pretty good team

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Ask any glos fan they will tell you his importance. He missed most of season and we have missed him badly. Had a good season last year which is why he is in the Saxons squad. Wood unlucky not to have been capped. He will never be a regular England player but has been one of best ever props in the AP in terms of appearances and performance.Think he is the only prop to ever appear in the nominations for league player of the year.

Arguably Gloucesters most important player and been consistent for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Yea agree he's been a good AP performer over years. Rubbish for last year or so though, fans on main board say the same

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Get in. Huge win. For u as well pooly. Scrappy game. About time JOC showed his class.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:29 pm

There is a clear difference between top and bottom in Ap today. Saracens were streets ahead of glos
Today.

All over for wuss now

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Cheers Irish, can only see Worcester beating us from remaining games

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Worcester were absolute garbage. The scoreline flatters them. If they spent as much time concentrating on playing rugby as they did on cheap shots and generally being niggly, then they would have had a better chance of success.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next