The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26

+2
Mad for Chelsea
lsabre
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26 - Page 2 Empty Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26

Post by lsabre Wed 18 May 2011, 9:41 am

First topic message reminder :

The organising committee of the Compeed Golden Gala, the third leg of the Diamond League series held in Rome on May 26, have announced the timetable and starting-lists today, so please check them out:

Newsletter
http://www.diamondleague.com/en/News/NewsArticles/Compeed-Golden-Gala-Start-List-and-Timetable-announced/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Starting Lists
http://www.diamondleague.com/PageFiles/12518/Startlist_17.05.2011.pdf

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26 - Page 2 Empty Re: Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26

Post by lsabre Thu 26 May 2011, 11:20 pm

Forgot to mention that Hattie Dean achieved the Daegu A standard in her very first track outing of the season as she came a creditable sixth in 9:37.95, easily her fastest ever season debut over the distance.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26 - Page 2 Empty Re: Compeed Golden Gala, Diamond League, Rome May 26

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 27 May 2011, 12:16 am

Great stuff from Greene, 48.2 is a really sharp season opener, and some decent scalps for him too. He's beaten Van Zyl and I'm confident he can do so again, that British record looks under serious threat.

Also a good start for Idowu, good to get a decent jump under your belt early on, will be interesting to see how he builds on this.

Was a tad disappointed by the 200 runners, in a not great field I thought they could do something. Rimmer was poor, but you are allowed your off days, and I'd rather it happened now than in Daegu.

As for the others, well it's still early season for most of them, so don't want to read too much into it. Offili-Porter would have had a much better time had she jumped over the barrier instead of trying to run through it Wink Oh and encouraging start to the year for Hattie Dean too.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 27 May 2011, 11:30 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Great stuff from Greene, 48.2 is a really sharp season opener, and some decent scalps for him too. He's beaten Van Zyl and I'm confident he can do so again, that British record looks under serious threat.

Also a good start for Idowu, good to get a decent jump under your belt early on, will be interesting to see how he builds on this.

Was a tad disappointed by the 200 runners, in a not great field I thought they could do something. Rimmer was poor, but you are allowed your off days, and I'd rather it happened now than in Daegu.

As for the others, well it's still early season for most of them, so don't want to read too much into it. Offili-Porter would have had a much better time had she jumped over the barrier instead of trying to run through it Wink Oh and encouraging start to the year for Hattie Dean too.

Agreed. Am now also expecting great things in the ladies 400 hdls from Perri and Tasha. Some disappointments though! Maybe a bit of a reality check before we get too carried away with some of these prospects for 2012.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 3:10 pm

I can see Perri hitting low to mid 54s by the time the worlds are upon us and Idowu over the eighteen mark with teddy nearer the 19m mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2