The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day

5 posters

Go down

Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day Empty Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 1:40 pm

http://t.co/w72OjF4SrQ

Absolutely brilliant that Saracens have done this. Didn't know many of the players beforehand (to be honest I had only heard of Du Plessis as I heard a slight rumour of him moving to Dave Parade), but there are some good lads there (particularly Will Fraser).

Back to top Go down

Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day Empty Re: Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 29 Jun 2014, 3:21 pm

Alternatively, is there no depth of decrepitude below which the Sarries, like HMG and therefore the armed foces will not sink?

It's a judgement call on morality, I suppose.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day Empty Re: Saracens visit Camp Bastion for Armed Forces Day

Post by doctor_grey Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:30 pm

Oh c'mon mate.  Bastion is a Poopie place in the middle of a Poopie place in a Poopie situation.
Any visit from home is a good one. Even from........Them.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

Good on them I say, much better than glamour models  Rolling Eyes 

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 4:59 am

Full of the joys Portnoy. I suppose you could find a negative in anything, if you're that sort of person.

I think it's a wonderful thing they've done and it certainly lifted a few people's spirits here. Plus it's nice for the ladies to have something to look at (though in the interests of balance, they could've brought some glamour models too).

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 30 Jun 2014, 8:34 am

Certainly some would like to believe that many of our boys (along with those of 'the enemy') have pointlessly had their spirits raised to heaven.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:02 pm

That is a point to be raised with those that made the decision to put those boys in those circumstances.

However they are there, and while they are there anything such as a rugby team visit or entertainment visit that boosts morale and demonstrates support for the boys (it is something for the boys rather than the policy setters) should be encouraged.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:53 pm

I wonder how the locals felt when they saw a load of people wearing red crescents and stars on their shirts!
Regardless of the politics of whether we should be there, good effort by them to go there.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down