The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather jabs Ali

+16
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
DuransHorse
horizontalhero
88Chris05
hampo17
Rowley
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
ShahenshahG
Coxy001
Rodney
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali - Page 2 Empty Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Rodney Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

First topic message reminder :

The self proclaimed TBE on why Ali can't be rated a better fighter than him

"He only fought in one weight class. Leon Spinks only had seven fights. " Mayweather said "Never put a fighter in there with Floyd Mayweather with seven fights. Take punishment and let a man tire yourself out from beating you ? You hit him with a few punches and go down and quit and you want to be glorified for that ?"

I'm taking it Floyd hasn't watched the fight as he should know Ali was winning. He should take note of the challenges Ali took, instead of waiting many moons on agreeing to fight an ex-flyweight, he should also take note we still watching Ali's fights 40-50 years later, I highly doubt anyone has rewatched many of Mayweathers fights, once is more than enough.

Cheers, Rodders

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-nobody-brainwash-me-ali-better--90013
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Coxy001 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:04 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

To my knowledge Adam, FMJ hasn't had his ring weight officially announced for years..... So at best, it's guesswork and not fact. Not having a go, just using the word 'fact' when it's not applicable in my eyes.

No boxer has his ring weight officially announced Coxy, Showtime weighed both Mayweather and Maidana before the fight in their dressing rooms and announced those weights on their broadcast. That isnt guesswork, it is something that did actually happen.

Didn't watch the fight Hammersmith, I was just under the illusion Floyd had declined to jump on the scales in the changing room for some time. And by officially announced I also meant by the broadcaster, not the commission etc.

Ergo, apologies.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

Everyone hates Mayweather

I hate Roach ha! If Pac had another trainer I would possibly be rooting for him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:21 pm

AdamT wrote:Everyone hates Mayweather

I hate Roach ha! If Pac had another trainer I would possibly be rooting for him.

Did you watch that "Mayweather v Pacquiao At Last" programme? I honestly thought there was a fair bit to like and respect about Roach in that. He talks of Pac at a basketball game and you get a real sense of his pride and love for Manny. I think he can come across as a d!ck at times but he's more genuine than Roger.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:23 pm

Naw never seen it. He might love Manny but still think he is a d..k.

Granted the Mayweathers are but Roach can probably trash talk more than all 3 of them.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/21/the-contract-to-stage-the-floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-fight-still-has-not-been-signed/

More issues, is Arum trying a money grab or is Mayweather just playing silly buggers?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

AdamT wrote:Naw never seen it. He might love Manny but still think he is a d..k.

Granted the Mayweathers are but Roach can probably trash talk more than all 3 of them.

The racist rant before the Rios fight..........showed how classless he is........

Mayweather family isn't any better..

Very little class in Boxing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

I enjoy Roger Mayweather take on Roach.

"What the f..k does he know about boxing? He's a motherf.....g punch bag"

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

AdamT wrote:I enjoy Roger Mayweather take on Roach.

"What the f..k does he know about boxing? He's a motherf.....g punch bag"

Having seen Roach fight.............I can't argue with that assessment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:06 pm

Manny and Freddie Roach in 1 corner Mayweather and cockroach in the other.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:23 pm

AdamT wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

To my knowledge Adam, FMJ hasn't had his ring weight officially announced for years..... So at best, it's guesswork and not fact. Not having a go, just using the word 'fact' when it's not applicable in my eyes.

Was weighed couple weeks ago at 150 on 30 day weigh in.

What's that got to do with his ring weight for MMII??

As Coxy says, you're throwing around 'fact' for what is actually conjecture.

It's equally conjecture for me to say no way did MM look over a stone heavier than Floyd on fight night. Floyd's ring-weights haven't been officially measured in god knows how long, with the rhetoric being that it allows Floyd to control the media message - i.e. suggesting he's much smaller (148-150ish) than he actually is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm

You do realise you're wrong there Toppy?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Superb Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

Not sure why Floyd felt the need to say what he did on the eve of his biggest ever fight. Floyd's been proclaiming that he's the best ever for a while now so nothing new there but I don't recall him ever putting down Ali before. I'll assume it's sour grapes because Ali is backing Pacquiao to win the fight and not Floyd.

Superb

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:42 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do realise you're wrong there Toppy?

Which bit? (appreciate it could be many!)

I haven't seen official ring-weight weigh in figures for a Floyd fight that I can remember. Just 'reported' figures, whether from Showtime or Floyd whoever.

The rest of my post is merely opinion, i.e. I don't think Floyd looked like he was being outweighed by a stone. You can normally tell when the difference is that stark.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do realise you're wrong there Toppy?

Which bit? (appreciate it could be many!)

I haven't seen official ring-weight weigh in figures for a Floyd fight that I can remember.  Just 'reported' figures, whether from Showtime or Floyd whoever.

The rest of my post is merely opinion, i.e. I don't think Floyd looked like he was being outweighed by a stone.  You can normally tell when the difference is that stark.

There is no such as official fight night weigh in; Showtime, HBO or whoever is broadcasting weigh the boxers in their dressing rooms prior to the fight and it is these weights that are then reported. It is seems odd having already dismissed a conjectural opinion to then dismiss a factual report in favour of your then conjectural opinion.

Mayweather did weight 148lbs to Maidana's 165lbs unless you think Showtime and HBO before them doctored or created false weights. I tend to watch the Showtime feed live and they announce the ring weights fairly early on in the broadcast which is often cut off on Youtube and not mentioned on Boxnation.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm

I MUCH prefer the HBO/Showtime feed, is proper amateur hour on BoxNation. Though they pick up great fights.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2