The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Buglioni Rumours

+12
Rodney
Sam_London
Valero's Conscience
Coxy001
Rowley
Pound-for-Pound
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Hands Of Stone
hampo17
16 posters

Go down

Frank Buglioni Rumours Empty Frank Buglioni Rumours

Post by hampo17 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

There's a few rumours around today that Frank Warren has managed to get his man a WBA title shot. Obviously these could be complete rubbish, but if it's true then Frank deserves a lot of credit for pulling that one of in my opinion.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frank Buglioni Rumours Empty Re: Frank Buglioni Rumours

Post by Hands Of Stone Wed 10 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

Buglioni is fun but limited, won't make be a world champion imo but kudos for him if he can get the fight and the opportunity to prove me wrong

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 10 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm

I would be surprised if it was true as he holds some WBO European title and the WBA won't give him a ranking because of that, can't turn down the opportunity if it's there but he will get outclassed.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

Great news.....Another chump getting a freebie.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 7:05 pm

Not even i can defend this even if he is a brit

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Jun 2015, 7:08 pm

Whilst I do agree with others on this, can't fault him if he takes his chance. Can't see him winning but will be cheering him on all the same.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 7:18 pm

You do surprise me.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Jun 2015, 7:22 pm

Only because I (slightly) agree with you for a change Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:14 pm

If Chudinov is as limited as his brother (I haven't seen him fight), then Buglioni may become world champion.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm

Whilst, as I said with Smith the other day I don't begrudge the fighters the opportunity to make some money out of the farce with the governing bodies it's all getting a bit silly now. Buglioni has done pretty much nothing as a pro, lost to fairly ordinary opposition in the not too distant past and is now getting a world title (if true) fair play to the kid and good luck to him, but at what point does the sport say enough is enough?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:10 pm

I'd like to say I think it's coming to a point now Rowley, how often do we see a boxer draped in belts but not really knowing what they are or if they're actually valued. I think the breaking point is coming where people will be following boxers more than belts and we as fans might start to see the prestige come back to the more 'local' belts

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:33 pm

Takes the **** really he had a draw against Lee Markham in his last fight!!

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm

Archie Moore had been a pro 17 years and fought Ezzard Charles, Charley Burley, Jimmy Bivins, Eddie Booker, Jack Chase, Holman Williams and Harold Johnson amongst others before he got a world title shot.

Buglioni drew his last fight to Lee Markham and potentially gets one!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm

Rowley wrote:Archie Moore had been a pro 17 years and fought Ezzard Charles, Charley Burley, Jimmy Bivins, Eddie Booker, Jack Chase, Holman Williams and Harold Johnson amongst others before he got a world title shot.

Buglioni drew his last fight to Lee Markham and potentially gets one!

To be fair Markham does have the benefit of modern training techniques and nutrition mixed with science. Ergo he beats all of the above.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm

Will Warren need a stadium bigger than Wembley when the three great World champions Matthews, Eubank jr and Buglioni defend their belts on the same bill in 6 months time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Jun 2015, 10:16 pm

laughing

While it made me laugh, it's kind of depressing to think that it could be true Truss

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:05 am

As others have said, Buglioni should snatch the opportunity but what a joke!

Boxing is a shame with too many belts.

Boxing is so diluted and having people far below world class even competing for a belt looks bad.

It's better to just watch the fights that interest you

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

I like Frank Buglioni, he seems like a nice guy. However, he is a mediocre boxer and not deserving of a shot at any world title. It's amazing that some of the people who were saying Amir Khan doesn't deserve a shot at Mayweather are really pleased for Frank Buglioni is getting an undeserved shot at the title. A little bit of bias I think!

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:23 am

Why do people get so upset ? outside the promoter and fighters, does anyone actually value these as world title holders ? I used to be depressed when the WBO was valued as a world title holder not its not even worth looking who holds a belt or who doesn't. Boxing is broke you just have to look at the Middleweight scene.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 12 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

Doesn't deserve it but you can't knock the bloke given the opportunity. Obviously you can't compare most champions of today with those gone by as a result of all the different belts. But I don't begrudge anyone making the most of chances in life. With regards Khan I don't think anyone will have anything but praise for him landing the fight if he gets to face Mayweather he just gets grief until he signs for it as he's potentially passing up on other big fights. If he lands the big one all those complaints are mute.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:03 pm

If Champions want easy defences then this will always happen. Look at the dross most British champions defend againts...

1. Deserves an easy defence
2. Mandatory...not their fault
3. Homecoming fight
4. Domestic showdown
5. Keep busy fight

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

Rodney wrote:Why do people get so upset ? outside the promoter and fighters, does anyone actually value these as world title holders ? I used to be depressed when the WBO was valued as a world title holder not its not even worth looking who holds a belt or who doesn't. Boxing is broke you just have to look at the Middleweight scene.

Cheers, Rodders

Think people are more "resigned" than upset, Roddy..........

Selby was punch perfect the other night and I think his talent deserves an abc world title...........Problem is give them to Eubank jr, Matthews, Hall and Buglioni types.......and genuine Brit types like him get tarnished by association.....

Whilst we are living in cheap times.....We should have some form of qualification even for the crappy belts on offer these days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:Why do people get so upset ? outside the promoter and fighters, does anyone actually value these as world title holders ? I used to be depressed when the WBO was valued as a world title holder not its not even worth looking who holds a belt or who doesn't. Boxing is broke you just have to look at the Middleweight scene.

Cheers, Rodders

Think people are more "resigned" than upset, Roddy..........

Selby was punch perfect the other night and I think his talent deserves an abc world title...........Problem is give them to Eubank jr, Matthews, Hall and Buglioni types.......and genuine Brit types like him get tarnished by association.....

Whilst we are living in cheap times.....We should have some form of qualification even for the crappy belts on offer these days..

On that note then, does the fact Wilder got a world title shot fighting absolute dog turd, and since winning his title is now defending against absolutely dog turd, reflect badly on American fighters then?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm

Not having a pop at Buglioni or the fighters...............If they can get away with it they'd be fools not to...

No fan of the system being abused here or in the US............

I don't know why you keep going down this road...........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not having a pop at Buglioni or the fighters...............If they can get away with it they'd be fools not to...

No fan of the system being abused here or in the US............

I don't know why you keep going down this road...........

I've gone down that road because I disagree, and you are talking rubbish. Because Buglioni, or Derry Mathews gets a world title shot it somehow reflects badly on Lee Selby? Sorry Truss, but I can't see how you can believe that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

It cheapens Selby accomplishment to the casual fan ...If any old Tom, Dick and Harry can win a world title over here and the sport is diluted with unworthy British champions.........Cheapens the honor..

Surely you can see that.....

If thousands of people summitted K2 and Everest every year it wouldn't be such a great accomplishment for those that make it.......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm

Again, I don't think it does. Partially because anybody with the slightest amount of common sense will judge fighters on who they fight and what they do, and not what two or three other fighters from the same country do. 

Comparing boxing to climbing everest isn't the same is it, if 100 people all climb everest they've all climbed the same mountain, Buglioni isn't going to fight for a world title against the same guy as Selby is he.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:39 pm

I disagree with you and it's a little cheap to suggest plenty of posters on here lack common sense because they think undeserving Brits or Americans becoming world chamions cheapens the honor........

Not being funny but you're a relative johnny-cum-lately to the sport and I remember as others do on here when World titles meant something and were worth winning..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I disagree with you and it's a little cheap to suggest plenty of posters on here lack common sense because they think undeserving Brits or Americans becoming world chamions cheapens the honor........

Not being funny but you're a relative johnny-cum-lately to the sport and I remember as others do on here when World titles meant something and were worth winning..

Truss I haven't said that fans on here lack common sense, I'd say that everyone here is happy and able to judge a fighter on what he does, and not with fighters from the same country do. Only you seem to be lacking that ability based on your comment, but I could be wrong.

Also what does it have to do with how long I've followed the sport? Followed the sport for well over half my life, sorry that not everyone is currently going bald and looking for that sports car to satisfy their midlife crisis like yourself my friend.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm

Let's play your game then.............Paul.

We'll forget I'm probably Hatton's biggest fan on here, loved Sibson, Lewis and Eubank.........On record as saying Bruno clears up If he was around now....

Want Joshua to take over Heavyweight Boxing..........Like Degale, Yafai, Campbell,  Callum Smith, Selby and Billy Jo Saunders and rate them all highly...

and say instead I'm slagging Buglioni's title fight off ...because he's British and I don't like or rate Brits.... thumbsup

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:51 pm

Why have you got defensive Truss? I haven't said you hate Brits, I pointed the Wilder factor because I have never once seen you make the argument that him holding the belts detracts from what other American fighters have achieved.

But each to their own, don't take things to seriously Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm

Believe me.... I don't take anything seriously mate......I'd probably have been more succesful If I did..

Just pointing out that anytime I'm obliged to criticise a Brit you level the old I'm not objective stuff at me..........

I never moan about Brits having an opinion on American fighters..

Believe me I don't think it is a good thing Robert Hines, Darrin Van Horn, JB Williamson types can claim to be"World champions" .....

But there you go..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It cheapens Selby accomplishment to the casual fan ...If any old Tom, Dick and Harry can win a world title over here and the sport is diluted with unworthy British champions.........Cheapens the honor..

What about 'over there'??

Running through the weights quickly:

Wilder - reasonably talented but did nothing to earn his shot and is fighting cr@p
Stevenson - talented but won't take on the divisional top dog
Cotto - no CV at the weight he won the belt at and won't defend at the weight; Quillin (formerly) - averagely talented ducker, fought largely dross
Bundrage - mediocre
Gary Russell Jr - v talented but was humbled by Loma and then gifted a title, nothing impressive on his CV
LSC - v good but feasted on a lot of rubbish and no interest, seemingly, at taking on the top guys at the weight.

Don't think any of the above undermine the quality, legitimacy and regard of 'real' world champs across the pond.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It cheapens Selby accomplishment to the casual fan ...If any old Tom, Dick and Harry can win a world title over here and the sport is diluted with unworthy British champions.........Cheapens the honor..

What about 'over there'??

Running through the weights quickly:

Wilder - reasonably talented but did nothing to earn his shot and is fighting cr@p
Stevenson - talented but won't take on the divisional top dog
Cotto - no CV at the weight he won the belt at and won't defend at the weight; Quillin (formerly) - averagely talented ducker, fought largely dross
Bundrage - mediocre
Gary Russell Jr - v talented but was humbled by Loma and then gifted a title, nothing impressive on his CV bar (perhaps) Burns.
LSC - v good but feasted on a lot of rubbish and no interest, seemingly, at taking on the top guys at the weight.

Don't think any of the above undermine the quality, legitimacy and regard of 'real' world champs across the pond.

I'm not sticking up for cheap champions.................Geez....

You think I'm a Lamont petersen fan ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm

Think your forgetting Truss that for the really casual fan, they'll just be excited because there's a belt on the line. They won't have the insight that some fans do and will enjoy it for what it is.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:12 pm

Not saying you are.

The point is you said 'cheap' Brit world champs detracted from 'real' Brit world champs.

I am saying, using the above examples, that it doesn't.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Not saying you are.

The point is you said 'cheap' Brit world champs detracted from 'real' Brit world champs.

I am saying, using the above examples, that it doesn't.

Selby, McDonnell, Degale and Brook are deserving world champions in my eyes.....Froch certainly was...

But I stand by my word cheap for others...

Whether it be here or back home..................Disgrace that someone as crap as Darrin Van horn is a two time world champ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

I don't see how Selby has been dragged into this, those you mentioned are all among the top four at their weights, anyone regardless of nationality ranked lower than that with a world title isn't worthy of it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sat 13 Jun 2015, 8:27 am

Does that mean you're including Frampton in the cheap category Truss?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down