The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?

+6
Good Golly I'm Olly
BamBam
The_Enigma
Hero
Azzy
Holymiky
10 posters

Go down

What style of league do you want?

FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Vote_lcap80%FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]
FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Vote_lcap20%FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Empty FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?

Post by Holymiky Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:08 pm

Okay, here goes.

If you want in please say below and say what you voted for as well, you don't have to give your reasoning but you can if you want to of course.

The 2 options are simple, a league run by FIFA 15 determining the results each week or Tactics as we normally have decided by individual managers.

Please bear in mind that you will still need to provide tactics in the FIFA league it will just be choosing from a set of options and a general play style, we can discuss it more if it wins the poll.

Last edited by Holymiky on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Empty Re: FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?

Post by Azzy Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:38 pm

Fifa 15. Although perhaps we should wait for Fifa 16?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?  Empty Re: FIFA Tactics League or Written Tactics League?

Post by Holymiky Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:56 pm

I think that we are going to be able to just carry on with FIFA 16, it should all be up to date as soon as the game comes out anyway, i'm not sure. I have a feeling it will be the same and based on current form as normal so it SHOULD be okay to just switch over if need be, or like i said before we can just continue with FIFA 15 for the rest of the season we are on or whatever as an option.

I am voting for FIFA to give it a try.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:02 am

I vote for FIFA 15 as well, let's make results fun once again, don't think anyone especially likes writing results (if you do then you have problems), and especially no one likes it when people get annoyed with your decisions. This removes the vilification against that week's judge as its automated.
And yes it adds a touch more randomness to results but so does life, sometimes poor teams best good teams, it just happens. Writing tactics this week v Marky I knew I was going to lose, whatever I did tactic wise Marky simply has a better team. Olly totally and utterly made the right call with his vote, on paper I had no chance, but as seen in real life Juve can beat Real, they did it first leg without Pogba and I've got a much better attack than RL Juve so there should be some slight chance I can beat Marky. That doesn't happen though with voting because people vote with what should happen, not with what could happen.
We wouldn't watch football each and every week in RL if the on paper team won, over a season the best generally rise to the top, but they have hiccups along the way.
It's a game, accept the result, curse your stupid players when they fluff an open goal and move on (I've cursed Neymar a lot in trial games which Miky and Nando will testify to)

Last edited by Hero on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:07 am

Before I vote, I would like to hear how the FIFA 15 way works. How are the results automated?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:15 am

I'm voting Fifa, do I need an xbox/ps4 to be able to watch games?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:16 am

The_Enigma wrote:Before I vote, I would like to hear how the FIFA 15 way works. How are the results automated?

Each week like here your team would get injuries etc (possibly some based upon what happens in previous FIFA games added) and you'd make your team and formation.
Based on that formation you'd check through the list of options each player has tactically and add that to your weeks tactics to be sent in. I'd send mine to a neutra party to ensure I don't cheat prior to whoever I was playing sending theirs in.
I would transfer the players about in FIFA so they matched the squads we were using and then each week I would edit in the tactics pre game.
I'd then stream the game on Twitch live so others could watch and enjoy, and more importantly validate the result, ideally a volunteer each week could write a brief math report akin to what I've done before with highlights of the game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:17 am

BamBam wrote:I'm voting Fifa, do I need an xbox/ps4 to be able to watch games?

No you can even watch them on your phone through the twitch app. It also allows you to chat with everyone else watching which makes it even more entertaining.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:23 am

Works for me, voted fifa

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:46 am

So will we play our opponents online or would we watch a stream where the computer would play against the computer using our team sheets, formations and tactics?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 03 Jul 2015, 6:31 am

The computer would sim it using your formation, team sheet etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:15 am

The computer will play the match on the highest difficulty and as far as watching the matches go, if you can't watch them live I believe the broadcasts save for like 30 days after so you can go back and watch them.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:23 am

I voted fifa btw
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:26 am

Ok that sounds fair. I have voted FIFA. Who know's, if Azzy doesn't have a mid-season meltdown, we might actually have a league that turns out to be fun.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:27 am

I haven't voted as I think it's for you guys currently in the league to decide, for I do think it is worth giving it a try. It could either flop or be a massive revelation, but we won't know until we give it a go.

And it will put us another level above ja606 if it does work! They would never try FIFA as all it would achieve is that their internet/YouTube acquired well researched opinions on obscure leagues would be shown up for what it is.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:28 am

The_Enigma wrote: if Azzy doesn't have a mid-season meltdown,

Shocked
That really would be a step into the unknown

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:31 am

Miky - is it worth changing the title.

The league will still have tactics, they will just have more structure around them rather than a free form submission with lots of narrative.

It is only really the results calculation that would change from being based on subjective opinions to being computer generated.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:50 am

I'm off to Lancashire v Yorkshire in the cricket this afternoon but if anyone could type up a proper example of what's available for some of the players it'd be good Smile

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:53 am

I can't at the moment as I am at work.

Afro - I changed the title accordingly.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:23 am

The_Enigma wrote:if Azzy doesn't have a mid-season meltdown
I wouldn't need to blow my top if we just stuck to the rules we all agreed at the beginning Whistle

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:24 am

No one stuck to the rules though Whistle Even you didn't.....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:26 am

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do"

- Azzy Mahmood
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:29 am

Voted btw OK
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:08 pm

Fernando wrote:No one stuck to the rules though Whistle Even you didn't.....
What rule did I break then?

Great quote Viva, that does sound like me Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:09 pm

Azzy wrote:

I'm nadz you senile old man Laugh
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:13 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:
Azzy wrote:

I'm nadz you senile old man Laugh
Do you know how often I do that on this league Laugh

I'm off lads, Specsavers a-calling!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:43 pm

"Life begins at 40 - but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times"

nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm

I'm abstaining from voting, as I'm not fussed either way.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down