The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan

+2
TRUSSMAN66
Guest82
6 posters

Go down

Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan Empty Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan

Post by Guest82 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm

Thought this was a joke at first.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/33762261

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan Empty Re: Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 2:16 pm

In fairness to Amir Khan success breeds success. As with Hamed back in the day it brings kids to the gym looking to emulate their hero.

Which is my worry with SKY PPV and Boxnation.

Good luck to the kid. Not his fault he's called Muhammad Ali. If he does turn out half as good as Ali he will be something.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan Empty Re: Muhammed Ali hopes to emulate Amir Khan

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 3:22 pm

How would you know? You'll never watch him fight, as you dont watch any fights.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 3:29 pm

If you're upset because no one is interested in your.."Fly away Paulie" and "British lightweight" threads then just say so and I'll go and post on them !!! thumbsup Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:09 pm

Saw an article about Khan earlier saying that he'd asked for rematches with Garcia and Peterson but they've turned him down. Damn shame that he couldn't fight Garcia mainly at 147 as I think he'd make a much better fight of it now.

A Peterson rematch is one I couldn't care less about. He won the first fight even without taking the cheating into account.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm

Problem with Khan is the same problem we had with Tommy.

You can easily see a scenario where he beats any decent fighter with a pop around 147.......Equally you can see a scenario where he's face down....

Put Khan in a fight with a puncher (Noticeably he's avoided them lately) and you'd be an idiot to bet on the fight !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:14 pm

I see Thurman has also called Khan out.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9933731/amir-khan-called-out-by-wba-champion-keith-thurman

Probably a lot of posturing at the moment, until Mayweather confirms Berto. Would really like to see Thurman v Khan, probably second only to Khan v Brook.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you're upset because no one is interested in your.."Fly away Paulie" and "British lightweight" threads then just say so and I'll go and post on them !!! thumbsup Cool

You did post on them?

You getting punchy in your old age?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:22 pm

Guest82 wrote:I see Thurman has also called Khan out.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9933731/amir-khan-called-out-by-wba-champion-keith-thurman

Probably a lot of posturing at the moment, until Mayweather confirms Berto.  Would really like to see Thurman v Khan, probably second only to Khan v Brook.

I'n not sure who is advising Khan at the moment......Unlike Manny who has the southpaw stance and a great tank..and Brook and Mayweather who are compact with a top skill set...Khan relies predominantly on speed to get in and out with that quality jab....

The more time he wastes the more it's going to hurt. He's 29 this year.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm

"At first being called Muhammad Ali brought a lot of pressure," the 19-year-old Ali told BBC Sport.
"But now I'm winning titles and proving that maybe I'll turn out to be half as good as him."
However, Ali's boxing hero as a child was not his legendary heavyweight namesake but former Olympic silver medallist and professional world champion Amir Khan.

...he's never going to emulate his hero amir with such humility. Only half as good as Ali? Pah.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:"At first being called Muhammad Ali brought a lot of pressure," the 19-year-old Ali told BBC Sport.
"But now I'm winning titles and proving that maybe I'll turn out to be half as good as him."
However, Ali's boxing hero as a child was not his legendary heavyweight namesake but former Olympic silver medallist and professional world champion Amir Khan.

...he's never going to emulate his hero amir with such humility. Only half as good as Ali? Pah.

You sure about that...How is saying half as good as Ali being humble....Either way, good name for publicity, You know it was the dad picking the name, i had a guy in school who was a couple of years below or above me (can't remember), but different year anyway, he was called Muhammad Ali, and he had a fight once, everyone knew about it.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 05 Aug 2015, 7:03 pm

... Attempt at irony fella... Humble relative to Khan who probably thinks he's better than Ali.

So did Ali win his fight at school... Or did smokin Jimmy smith do him?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down