The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPL 2016

2 posters

Go down

IPL 2016 Empty IPL 2016

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:14 pm

So the IPL auction happened today and it was weird as ever

Chris Morris (yes that one) became the first million pound (or whatever currency it is) player.

Jos Buttler was picked up by Mumbai, and Ricky Ponting the head coach says he's the "backup overseas batsman". Someone tell Ricky that Jos is just you know, light years better than Lendl freaking Simmons

Sam Billings was picked up by Delhi also, which is a great opportunity for him (probably won't play great amounts, but the experience will do him the world of good).

So some Englishmen to keep an eye on this years competition. Hoping Jos lights it up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

IPL 2016 Empty Re: IPL 2016

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm

no bids for Jordan or Bopara. Maybe a bit surprised by the former who I think could be a useful all-round addition to some franchises - is he that much worse than Chris Morris??? - though maybe the risk of England needing him had something to do with it.

Amazed Ponting said that about Buttler, Ponting's always struck me as someone who has great knowledge of the game, and Buttler right now would surely walk into any international limited overs team (in either format). Then again, didn't Mumbai also consistently pick Simmons ahead of Alex Hales a couple of years ago?

Always a bit surprised by the way some overseas players are rated compared to others. Obviously if a bidding war gets going then prices can be artificially inflated, but still, that price for Morris seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm

also, no one went for Guptill? Really???

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:18 pm

The IPL auction does make me question life slightly MFC

Guptill has never had an IPL contract which is amazing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down