The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florence

4 posters

Go down

Florence Empty Florence

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:37 pm

I'm going with the wife for her 30th beginning of July for a long weekend. She's always wanted to go Italy, mainly to drink Prosecco and eat Italian food (I did recommend Bella Vista up the road but her face said it all).

Anyone been before? tips, sights you recommend all welcome.

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Florence Empty Re: Florence

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:21 pm

The wines of the Tre Venezie..Can't say I'm a fan of the wines of the Adriatic....Some Valpolicella is okay but I don't drink much red anymore...

Not been to Florence but my Wife has good memories of going to Bari as a kid which is in the South...

Have a good time..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm

Can't you just stick" Hannibal" on the TV and tell her it's a documentary showing that whilst Florence is indeed a beautiful city, the crime rate is terrible and one of you may end up hanging from window suspended by your own intestines?

Bella Pasta won't look so shabby then

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm

My Mrs does have a worrying craving for Chianti and fava beans lately....

No chance of her coming near my intestines though.. Florence 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 4:02 pm

went to florence last year, it was stinking hot. went over the ponte vecchio which was slightly over-rated & i'm not massive on shopping etc, but the basilica is amazing, much more impressive & bigger than the one in Rome, in my opinion. very expensive though, best to find restaurants down the side-streets etc. selfie stick sellers pretty much everywhere too, which was annoying. Rome was out of this world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron45 Thu 04 Jan 2018, 5:10 am

I think you should take her for La Bottega Del Buon Caffè and hopefully, it will be a nice way to experience something exciting for you. Bella Vista is also nice but you should think about other options too just like La Bottega Del Buon Caffè.

Aaron45

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 04 Jan 2018, 1:25 pm

Aaron45 wrote:I think you should take her for La Bottega Del Buon Caffè and hopefully, it will be a nice way to experience something exciting for you. Bella Vista is also nice but you should think about other options too just like  La Bottega Del Buon Caffè.
He went 18 months ago.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum