The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RGC1404 region or club ?

+4
whocares
SecretFly
PhilBB
LordDowlais
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RGC1404 region or club ? - Page 2 Empty RGC1404 region or club ?

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, so here we are, there is a job being advertised for the General manager of a Welsh development region. So what is going on here then ? Do we have a WRU owned region ? Or are they just another club in Wales ? Does anybody on here fancy throwing their hat into the ring ? How would this support PhilBB's rants about union owned teams ?

http://www.wru.wales/eng/thewru/vacancies/current_vacancies.php

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/applications-open-new-north-wales-11471523#ICID=sharebar_facebook

How would a North Wales region fit into the Pro12 ? Would we have to see the scrapping of a current Welsh region to fit them in ? Or would we have 5 regions in the Pro12 in the future ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

RGC1404 region or club ? - Page 2 Empty Re: RGC1404 region or club ?

Post by TJ Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Fair point SS - maybe the wrong thread but Phills nonsense got under my skin.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:45 pm

TJ, just pointing it out. This place has really gone to the dogs of late, and all threads are breaking down to the same old debates that really should have been put to bed last summer.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Tis cools SS

Not much rugby to talk about perhaps?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:37 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:TJ, just pointing it out.  This place has really gone to the dogs of late, and all threads are breaking down to the same old debates that really should have been put to bed last summer.

TBH, SS our Phill is doing a lot of dragging down. If he just conceded sometimes that others have an opinion then it would not be so bad. I have spent a lot less time on here as of late because of the nonsense that is going on here, but in Phil's defence, he does come up with some good points, you just cannot debate with him as he is always trying to prove you wrong, no matter what.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Scarlets trying to rekindle their relationship with the North ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:48 pm

To be blunt I don't think we are trying to rekindle our relationship with the north, as such. I think it is more trying to spread the brand around, and trying to get shirt sales etc up by being getting the product out and about. Pretty much the same as the Ospreys training up there, but just one step up on that.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:52 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be blunt I don't think we are trying to rekindle our relationship with the north, as such.  I think it is more trying to spread the brand around, and trying to get shirt sales etc up by being getting the product out and about.  Pretty much the same as the Ospreys training up there, but just one step up on that.

So what is said in this story is not necessarily correct ?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/scarlets-heading-north-to-face-bath-in-pre-season/story-29413267-detail/story.html

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:42 pm

I think it may not quite be as you read it. They are up there trying to win over hearts and minds, so to speak, but that doesn't mean they are trying to re-capture the north. I think it is more about there being a bit of an untapped market up there that we are trying to exploit.

I'm pretty sure the Ospreys ran a pretty similar press release when the went visiting before. Coming out with lines about having a history of playing northern talent and so on.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I think it may not quite be as you read it.  They are up there trying to win over hearts and minds, so to speak, but that doesn't mean they are trying to re-capture the north.  I think it is more about there being a bit of an untapped market up there that we are trying to exploit.

I'm pretty sure the Ospreys ran a pretty similar press release when the went visiting before.  Coming out with lines about having a history of playing northern talent and so on.
SS to your final paragraph, yes you are quite right, IIRC we've had 2 years with involvement around the Colwyn Bay area.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:58 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:These towns and villages are represented by them
How?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:04 pm

PhilBB wrote:
How?

Welcome back. Ran out of other arguments elsewhere, or has it just taken you this long to think of such a well argued response?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
How?

Welcome back.  Ran out of other arguments elsewhere, or has it just taken you this long to think of such a well argued response?

Just bored enough to log back in.

Knew you wouldn't have an answer, of course.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2