The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF?

+2
AdamT
hazharrison
6 posters

Go down

Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF? Empty Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF?

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:07 am

Looking likely that these three first ballot candidates could make the Hall. Good bios of all modern candidates via the link:

http://www.bwaa.org/single-post/2016/10/06/Bios-Of-HOF-Candidates

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF? Empty Re: Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF?

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:57 am

Good link. I'm especially glad Barrera is on there, huge fan!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF? Empty Re: Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Heading To IBHOF?

Post by huw Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:47 am

Selfishly hope Benn gets in.

He was he fighter that really got me interested in boxing, pretty much the first boxer I started watching after seeing the Rocky films. He made it an easy transition from fiction into reality.

Had a video of his fight against DeWitt that I probably watched as much as some of the Rocky films.

Was very lucky to have got into the sport then as it was easily accessible on terrestrial television. I had nobody around me that liked boxing and can't imagine how kids can now find the sport if they aren't prompted by a relative. Had it not been for stumbling across the Dark Destroyer's all action style I doubt I would be watching the sport now.

This would have obviously made a massive impact to this message board so I think you should all be equally grateful for the impact of Nigel Benn.......

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

From the ballots flashed on Twitter I've seen love for the three fighters mentioned along with Julian Jackson and Michael Moorer. I'm not sure Benn will ever make it (but he has more chance than Eubank).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:06 am

Donald Curry's omission is scandalous.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:11 am

hazharrison wrote:From the ballots flashed on Twitter I've seen love for the three fighters mentioned along with Julian Jackson and Michael Moorer. I'm not sure Benn will ever make it (but he has more chance than Eubank).
Seems Fury has more chance than Eubank!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 07 Oct 2016, 11:14 am

holyfield must be the shoe-in of shoe-ins. Barrera, can;t be far behind. Tapia, less so for me. Given it's not just about (should that be 'even about') records, Jackson should be in there - one of the greatest one-punch ko artists in history.

Curry's on the list Truss... maybe this time! Deserves to be... just after honeyghan!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm

Honeyghan is behind Starling...... Wink

Mcguigan......Pedrosa, Laporte, Taylor....in.

Starling.......Unbeaten Brown, Breland x 2, Honeyghan,Unbeaten Ayers....Out.

Mcguigan really is a joke..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

The word Fame shouldn't be downplayed in these things though Truss, it's why the likes of Mcguigan, Gatti and seemingly Tapia get in.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:30 pm

It is a shame truss. If only don had ducked... when everyone in the hall was shouting for him to do so... Instead of dropping his right hand he could have watched mcallums haymaker sail past... And it might all have been so different!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:44 pm

Tapia was a great fighter. Probably the best ever at 115 (there's an argument for Khaosai Galaxy). Romero fight was huge.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:46 pm

milkyboy wrote:It is a shame truss. If only don had ducked... when everyone in the hall was shouting for him to do so... Instead of dropping his right hand he could have watched mcallums haymaker sail past... And it might all have been so different!

Didn't need to duck ole boy....

Welter was enough.... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:47 pm

Gerald McClennan? In 2007?Seriously??And no Don ?

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/matthew-hurley/a-vote-for-donald-curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Oct 2016, 1:47 pm

I don't think i've ever seen Tapia in the argument with Galaxy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 07 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm

andygf wrote:Gerald McClennan? In 2007?Seriously??And  no Don ?

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/matthew-hurley/a-vote-for-donald-curry

Have to say... That piece sums up my position on curry almost to a T

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

The only number 1 p4per not to be in.........I imagine...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down