The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great clay court season congratulations Novak.

4 posters

Go down

Great clay court season congratulations Novak. Empty Great clay court season congratulations Novak.

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:36 am

Nobody expected him to go in and come away with one loss this clay court season out of 4 tournaments and to win a couple of master's. He played magnificently, had a tough loss to Roger in the semi. But his conditioning and the weight of his groundstrokes were just remarkable. Really showed how well he is playing at Madrid and Rome where outside the murray match and bellucci in madrid he was never in any serious danger. Now it is time for wimbeldon Novak and you have it all to play for. I am certain that he will reach his dream of being #1 as long as his health holds up, so impressed with his poise and maturity.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Great clay court season congratulations Novak. Empty Re: Great clay court season congratulations Novak.

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

Nole's made his fans SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud.

This whole year, particularly spring have been special and extra beautiful and exciting with Nole's streak and fantastic season.

In tennis, all is fogotten so quickly, show "must" go one etc....

Good of you to stop and pause at this outstanding achievement Socal.

What saddens me is that so many people couldn't wait for his loss to start piling it on, fickle masses, I say Wink !

I think it would be phenomenal if he wins Wimbledon, I know that that is his personal ultimate goal, I think he'd be so happy he'd probably literally leap out of his skin, and I'd so love to be there when it happens Smile !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Great clay court season congratulations Novak. Empty Re: Great clay court season congratulations Novak.

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

Nitb, Nole's 4 master's trophies are worth the same amount of points as 2 slams. I think that this year if he stays healthy he will get to his dream and ours and that is to be #1. What an accomplishment that would be with Fed and Nadal still around. I think his game will transfer real nicely onto wimbeldon. Although I am honestly a little concerned with him not getting any grasscourt warmups this year before wimbeldon.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

I'm not one of those who think he'd swap all the streak wins for RG.
If nothing, the streak probably piled unnecessary pressure on in the semis.

I'm not concerned about no Queens, he's got 2 weeks to practise on grass, he is match tough, and I don't expect any slips. He'll probably play doubles matches to warm up, grass season is non-existent anyway.

Nole used to play fabulous grass tennis during his Wilson days.
It really is no big deal whatever happens at Wimbers.

Media are trying to pump up stories and convince us if he doesn't win another slam it will be a failure.
Don't fall for it.....Nole IS the best and great things lie ahead for us, his fans, don't forget that patience is a great virtue Smile

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

Do you guys think the Semi's would be an achievement for Djokovic?

I am sure he will be gunning for the hardcourt season coming up.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

Nole wants the title ...badly, that's his ultimate ambition, he,he....it doesn't get madder than at Wimbledon...EVERYBODY wants a piece of it....esp if this year the Dutchess of Cambridge shows her pretty face in trophy presentation...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:19 am

Legend, I think at this point Novak wants to win, maybe last year he would have been happy with a grandslam semi. I think this year he knows that he has to go a step further, that if he wants the number one and if he wants to build a seperate legacy for himself apart from Fed and Nadal that he has to add to his grandslam haul, and preferrably with one of the two natural surface slams. Plus wimbeldon always will have that mystique of being the oldest and most historically profound championship on the tour. Even non tennis fans know the name and the trophy.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 07 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

I think SW19 is still the biggest slam on tour, most players grow up wanting to win it - didnt Nadal say he wanted to win Wimbledon more than the French before?

I'm sure I've heard Nole say something similar. For sure he's going to go deep, I think he's probably joint fave to win alongside Fed. The only issue is lack of preparation on grass and his vulnerability in the first couple of rounds against guys who have played in it for a couple of weeks.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:43 am

Lydian, I see that as problem as well, you can't players get such little practice on grass. And then what happens if in the first round you get Isner or Karlovic and the guy has a monster serving day blasting 50 aces. Its not like you can practice a six foot ten guy plasting 150 mile per hour serves on a grass court. That is a big fear I have.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down