The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter

+2
Hammersmith harrier
melv500
6 posters

Go down

Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter Empty Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter

Post by melv500 Sat 18 Feb 2017, 10:19 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4217074/Nigel-Benn-s-boxer-son-Conor-mocks-worst-boxer-Britain.html

Not really much I can add as the video says it all. Posting as I think it would be good as many people who follow boxing know what this vile scum bag is really like. I hope his sponsors drop him and he gets hostile reception from all fight fans every time he fights.

Last edited by melv500 on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

melv500

Back to top Go down

Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter Empty Re: Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 18 Feb 2017, 11:49 am

Would be worth taking a look at Deakins twitter page before feeling too sorry for him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter Empty Re: Conor Benn mocking disabled fighter

Post by melv500 Sat 18 Feb 2017, 3:09 pm

So that excuses it does it?

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 18 Feb 2017, 3:47 pm

Hard to watch that without gritting your teeth. Deakin may be a half-wit but this type of behaviour marks Benn and the crew he hangs around with (in Ohara Davis, the morons from TOWIE etc.) as scumbags.

You watch him change camp, distance himself from them once he takes his first hiding (I haven't been impressed with him as a pro - not a patch on his Dad).

Last edited by hazharrison on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:06 am

Given my circumstances in life I hope Benn gets an absolute pasting soon, which I think is possible as he's bang average

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:08 am

The fact with someone with a disability is able to compete at a professional level is something that should be applauded not mocked. Having a joke at someone for their disability is on a par with racism. I don't use Twitter so Deakins maybe a a bit of a nob but that's no excuse at all to say what Benn did. Imagine how someone who has the same disability would feel watching that??

Conor Benn has an elevated profile and probably makes inflated purses purely off the back of who his Dad was. You'd think someone who has been gifted so much for doing so little would have a bit more integrity and be a little more gracious. Naturally his PR team wrote a "heartfelt" apology for him however there is nothing you can do to apologise for that.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:20 am

This is just PC gone mad and in no way is it on a par with racism.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:25 am

How the hell is this PC gone mad? Look up racism in the dictionary. It's exactly the same.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:27 am

It's PC gone mad being offended on others behalf and it simply is not the same thing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:31 am

So only a disabled person is allowed to be offended by it? I found it offence and I'm not disabled. I think you'd find a majority of people woukd be offended disabled or not. Like I say look it up in the dictionary and I'd be interested how you can explain the difference?

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

I don't need to look it up in the dictionary nor do I have to explain something that is abundantly differerent. You are clearly unaware of who Robin Deakins is and you are also unaware of the non stop bile he spouted on Twitter, day in day out, calling out everyone with a name, mocking their children and a host of other vile comments.

There is a world of difference between a helpless victim and somebody who pushes buttons waiting, hoping for a response and for that reason I have zero sympathy for him and now he's using a childhood disability for his own gain. It's very easy to jump on the back of the high profile guy without knowing all the details.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:05 pm

Seriously look it up and also whilst you are it read my posts properly. I admitted I hadn't seen his Twitter and neither did I defend him as a person. I was stating what Benn said was offensive and is not excusable. I'm sad for you that you think it's acceptable for Benn to said what he did and defending him. Yes Deakin as you say may be bad person but that does not make it right for Benn to make such sick comments. It's offensive and like I said how do you think other people with disabilities and especially club foot woukd feel about that? Essentially you are saying it's perfectly ok mock someone who is disabled if they "push the right buttons".

Also why issue an apology and why is there a petition for a sponsor to drop him? I guess like me they are jumping on a high profile guy without knowing the details.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:09 pm

This, of course, is the same punter who criticised Tyson Fury for making offensive comments, yet here claims criticism of Benn laughing at a picture of a disabled kid is political correctness gone mad.

Next you won't be able to laugh at the handicapped bus when it drops off. This country....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 19 Feb 2017, 9:06 pm

Benn is young and dumb, but really not worth getting worked up about. To be honest i am started to get more bothered about people getting outraged and offended these days than the offensive stuff itself. We were all young and daft once, and all of us done and said stupid things now social media demands a daily hanging every time the outraged thought police decide to get offended.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:02 pm

Sorry if I bothered you then.

I actually agree with you and social media/camera phones are a bit of a nightmare which can get people into trouble over nothing really that a few rude words. But Benn is an adult and a professional boxer. A line was well and truly crossed and he deserves any consequences that follows. Attitudes like that should not be welcomed or excused in any sport or walk of life.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 8:18 am

The kid apologised and I imagine his Dad had a word.....We have all done things we aren't proud of.....Repeat offenders like the idiot that filmed it...is worth Conor staying away from though.

My worry for Benn though is I don't see the explosive talent of his Dad.

Just don't see the potential but I may be wrong. Hope so.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down