The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Minefield Results

+3
Trebs
BamBam
Hero
7 posters

Go down

The Minefield Results Empty The Minefield Results

Post by Hero Tue 23 May 2017, 11:16 am

It's been a fun couple of weeks and a huge thank you to all that contributed, I hope you all found it enjoyable and that it's something that in the future we can revisit. Especially chuffed that's it's been a joint venture between the v2 & Ja managers and hope that going forward we can do more games or leagues with users of both sites to actually get a really good sized league going.

So onto the results...

ghost Last Place - Nadz - 12 points ghost
The David Moyes of the group, propping up the table with 12 points, commiserations on the wooden spoon, the early rounds really did you in attempting to get your Galacticos with 10 Real Madrid players in total having mines, well done on receiving bottom votes from all but 1 person!

10th - Tbag - 31 points
Tbag in 2nd last with 31 points, similar to Nadz the early rounds hit home with only Douglas Costa on the team sheet by round 5.

9th - Miky - 37 points
A decent attacking side but regarded as being a tad light in midfield compared to others.

8th - Tranq - 45 points
The team that possibly divided opinions the most with scores ranging from 9 to 1.

7th - Bambam - 50 points
And the team that pretty much everyone voted as middle of the road!, seven voters gave Bam 5 points each, two gave 4 and one lone voter gave 7.

Joint 5th - Nando & Hodgey - 61 points
A leap up in points scored to Nando, he got maximum points off two voters but also received a score of 2 points off another voter.
Hodgey ties with Nando, Hodgey never got a maximum score but had several 7 to 9 votes, he did also suffer a 2 score though.

4th - Tino - 70 points
Claiming the Champions League 4th place so to speak is the Serie A loving Tino, one maximum vote and several scores of 9 were received for his team but unfortunately a last round score of 2 had him pipped for a place on the podium by...

clap Joint 2nd - Fluxy & Trebs - 73 points clap
A well deserved joint 2nd for Fluxy & Trebs, Trebs received 3 maximum scores but was let down by a 3 & 4 vote, Fluxy meanwhile didn't get a max score but had only the one vote below 6, this then brings us onto the inaugural Minefield Champion...

notworthy  Champion - Afro - 91 points  notworthy
A Chelsea-esque dominating performance from Afro with a huge 91 out of a possible 100. Half the voters gave Afro a maximum 10 points and his lowest score was a 7. The Round 11 pick of Lewandowski has to be looked back upon as perhaps the clincher but overall it was certainly the team to beat.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Minefield Results Empty Re: The Minefield Results

Post by BamBam Tue 23 May 2017, 11:21 am

Congrats Afro!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 23 May 2017, 11:25 am

Congratulations Afro - you built a good side and obviously can't argue with the points. I disagreed that your side was the best but it's a good side nonetheless. The vote breakdowns will be interesting.

Really enjoyed the game, thanks for organising Hero and thanks to those who gave me joint 2nd Smile

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 23 May 2017, 11:31 am

Bloody hell! 

There was me expecting to get the David Moyes accolade, cheers lads was fun  thumbsup
Congrats Afro  clap

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 May 2017, 12:16 pm

Thanks gents. Think I was helped by a load of players only getting a grip on the rules halfway through Laugh

Also think I was Jo average when it came to my voting. The end results and my vote were quite similar with a few ups and downs, but people generally in the same area

1 Trebs
2 Tino
3 Fluxy
4 Hodgy
5 Bam
6 Nando
7 Miky
8 Tranq
9 Tbag
10 Nadz
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 May 2017, 12:16 pm

And thanks for organising Hero - really enjoyed it clap
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 23 May 2017, 12:21 pm

I put miky above afro in my vote #awkward

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 23 May 2017, 12:22 pm

I really enjoyed putting it together, think it ran pretty smoothly and was something a bit different to what we've done before. Certainly think as a format it's something we could use going forward to kickstart a league, perhaps not to create a full squad but say for 5 draft picks towards a team (and if you miss out on a pick then tough).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 23 May 2017, 12:23 pm

Don't worry. I'm not going to be upset if someone put me last even. Its all a matter of opinion and I wouldn't expect everyone to have the same one
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 May 2017, 12:26 pm

In the interest of transparency

1. Trebs

Positives - Great front 3, excellent full backs to get forward in support.
Negatives - CBs slightly prone to errors and the midfield 3 maybe needs a bit of creativity, but I'm nitpicking, great side

2. Tino

Positives - Back 3 is great, Luiz excellent in a 3 Deadly strike force
Negatives - Tielemans and Danilo a bit out of place in two positions crucial to making the formation work

3. Afro

Positives - Defence superb, front two can physically dominate any defence
Negatives - Possible lack of width depending on how the FBs play

4. Tranq

Positives - love the midfield trio, two great box to box players and Wanyama has been excellent
Negatives - Immobile not good enough for me, a better striker and this would have been right up there

5. Fluxy

Positives - Back 3 is great, Luiz excellent in a 3 Deadly strike force
Negatives - Tielemans and Danilo a bit out of place in two positions crucial to making the formation work

6. Nando

Positives - Arguably the best attacking player of any team in Griezmann, great CBs
Negatives - KDB is out of position there for me, think this team would be dominated in the middle of the park without the ball

7. Hodgey

Positives - ideal set up for a 3 at the back with 3 very strong defenders and 2 flying wing backs
Negatives - Think the set up is putting a lot on the shoulders of Mkhitaryan and Asensio going forwards, not sure if they'd have enough

8. TBag

Positives - Very good CB pairing, the wingers will cause havoc going forwards
Negatives - Silva looks a bit weak as a main striker, the two sitting midfielders aren't going to offer much against some of these midfields

9. Miky

Positives - Front 4 looks very good, plenty of creativity
Negatives - lack of pace in the side, Cesc will be off the pace defensively here imo. Defence possibly one of the weakest

10. Nadz

Positives - Nadz managed to create a team of players associated with Real Madrid and fulfilled his dream
Negatives - Everything else

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 23 May 2017, 12:34 pm

That's fair enough, I find your KDB criticism odd considering he's played CM literally half the season but tiis life Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 May 2017, 1:00 pm

Just thought that in that formation it needs more of an all rounder, and its just asking a bit much of him defensively as he's much better as a number 10 for me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 23 May 2017, 2:48 pm

Well i know who's off my Christmas list then..

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 23 May 2017, 2:53 pm

Just realised I messed it up

See Tino and Fluxy feedback

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down