The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

+87
Poorfour
Gwlad
Fanster
majesticimperialman
wolfball
exile jack
catchweight
Anglobraveheart
nathan
Hazel Sapling
westisbest
Northgrill
David-Douglas
LeinsterFan4life
milkyboy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Sgt_Pooly
Maine man
whocares
alfie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
Exiledinborders
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
nlpnlp
lostinwales
sensisball
RiscaGame
Not grey and not a ghost
zombiesurvivalman
fa0019
The Great Aukster
Cyril
emack2
Kingshu
Recwatcher16
Rugby Fan
SamTheQuin
Hoonercat
No9
beshocked
chris_501
Pete330v2
marty2086
rodders
Hood83
LordDowlais
Rory_Gallagher
englandglory4ever
cb
screamingaddabs
WELL-PAST-IT
RDW
Hammersmith harrier
eirebilly
kingelderfield
compelling and rich
Ozzy3213
Engine#4
wayne
carpet baboon
TJ
R!skysports
Mad for Chelsea
Dragon1908
yappysnap
Luckless Pedestrian
GunsGermsV2
geoff999rugby
BamBam
mid_gen
Scottrf
cascough
TightHEAD
mikey_dragon
Comfort
LondonTiger
EST
Breadvan
robbo277
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
No 7&1/2
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
George Carlin
91 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Empty NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by George Carlin Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 All_bl10                   NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Lions_12
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
1 July 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
WESTPAC Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Live on Sky Sports HD

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

39 Played 39
30 Won 6
3 Drawn 3
6 Lost 30
664 Points 360

B. Recent Form

24 June 2017
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 15 to New Zealand

9 July 2005 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 19 to New Zealand 

2 July 2005 
Westpac Stadium, Wellington 
48 – 18 to New Zealand

25 June 2005 
Lancaster Park, Christchurch 
21 – 3 to New Zealand

3 July 1993 
Eden Park, Auckland 
30 – 13 to New Zealand 

26 June 1993 
Athletic Park, Wellington 
7 – 20 to British & Irish Lions

12 June 1993 
20 – 18 to New Zealand

16 July 1983 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 6 to New Zealand

2 July 1983 
Carisbrook, Dunedin 
15 – 8 to New Zealand

18 June 1983 
Athletic Park (Wellington), Wellington 
9 – 0 to New Zealand

4 June 1983 
16 – 12 to New Zealand

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Kirean10
[tbc]

BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Muppet10
[tbc]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:36 am

RiscaGame wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The most concerning aspect for me yesterday was the amount of penalties the Lions gave away. Why was Warburton not getting in the ear of the team and settling them down?

Should he have to? You can't stop somebody from doing certain things. I can't say I've seen a captain ever do that, bar when they're paying lip service when a ref tells them to.

Eirebilly is a Munsterman. He is used to watching POC and POM rally the troops. They don't do soft captains down there. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 18 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:40 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:SOB getting cited is typical pro ABs Bs quite frankly, pathetic and goes to show this game isn't played on a level playing field.

It is slightly suspicious when SOB has probably been one of the players of the series. I wouldnt bet against the Aussies to give their NZ neighbours a leg up here.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:42 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The most concerning aspect for me yesterday was the amount of penalties the Lions gave away. Why was Warburton not getting in the ear of the team and settling them down?

Should he have to? You can't stop somebody from doing certain things. I can't say I've seen a captain ever do that, bar when they're paying lip service when a ref tells them to.

Eirebilly is a Munsterman. He is used to watching POC and POM rally the troops. They don't do soft captains down there. thumbsup

Ding ding thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

ebop wrote:Good stuff  mikey

Smile

Yeah and the serial complainer who stalks my posts is back, I guess some can't handle the truth.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

eirebilly wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:

Ding ding thumbsup

Too bad POM was incapable of rallying the troops in the first test, but if SOB is banned he could be back in the team. Either that or it's Warbs at 6 with Tips at 7.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:47 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Smile

Yeah and the serial complainer who stalks my posts is back, I guess some can't handle the truth.
You mean rory?

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:50 am

I hope SOB isnt banned. Deserves his place in the 3rd test. He was also banned for the wc quarter final for punching Pape after Pape stuck his finger up his...

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:53 am

ebop wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Smile

You mean rory?

I can't remember complaining or stalking Mikey's posts, or ever leaving, for that matter. I mock his silly Welsh victimhood sometimes.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

Mods come on, somebody needs their complaint facility revoked! I'm being targeted every week.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:11 am

Rolling Eyes

Can we just not do this all over again?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:15 am

It is also a shame SBW will miss the last test too. I dont think SBW is a bad dude but he was very sloppy and the red was fair. Hope the NZ media doesnt go too hard on him because in all fairness plenty of ABs have escaped similar punishment in the past due to weak refereeing.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:18 am

4 week ban fir SBW. I wonder is that his AB career over?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:22 am

Wouldn't have thought so guns. He is honestly the consummate professional and it would be very short sighted to cut him adrift after one incident. The ABs are loyal and he'll get a chance at redemption. He'll have learnt from this as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:27 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:It is also a shame SBW will miss the last test too. I dont think SBW is a bad dude but he was very sloppy and the red was fair. Hope the NZ media doesnt go too hard on him because in all fairness plenty of ABs have escaped similar punishment in the past due to weak refereeing.

At the risk of sounding like a broke record, I thought quite a bit of foul play happened to your team during the 'blackback' in Dublin last year. Mako's clear out on Barrett was akin to the typical NZ clear out, but I wouldn't complain if he was to be cited due to insufficient punishment. Yesterday the Lions were tough and played like NZ usually would - they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... I can't see any major issues with the ref decisions myself.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:27 am

He also apologised to Watson already. Classy dude, unlike..

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:32 am

ebop wrote:Wouldn't have thought so guns. He is honestly the consummate professional and it would be very short sighted to cut him adrift after one incident. The ABs are loyal and he'll get a chance at redemption. He'll have learnt from this as well.

Yes he is unbelievably professional

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:32 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:He also apologised to Watson already. Classy dude, unlike..

Good on him. I thought SBW was a bit of show pony in the past. Now one can't help but admire his passion for sport, his family, religion, etc. He seems like a really positive and nice guy who's also very tough on the pitch.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:50 am

Massive number of mod complaints about certain posters here. Would be a crying shame to have to ban people until after the final test; but that's going to happen to a couple of you shortly unless you wind your heads in.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:58 pm

I see SOB has been cleared. Proper order

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:04 pm

Great news.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:12 pm

Cleared eh? Fair enough. Due process was followed and worth a look but the ruling was passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

Great news for O'Brien and the Lions, the right judgement.

Sonny Bill is all class it has to be said, made a mistake but is man enough to admit that, reckless rather than deliberate I feel.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

That's great news for SOB and the lions.

I wonder if Taylorman and ebop will actually be man enough to apologise for their actions yesterday...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:18 pm

Calm down mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:18 pm

How about apologising to Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:19 pm

SoB cleared - what a waste of time that was.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:20 pm

Not really, Naholo was knocked 'out'

You don't care about concussion?

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

Cane got off very lightly at the time purely down to inconsistencies around these judgements before and since. Real issue that wr need to address.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

Blah blah blah 7.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

Just watching the replay and Peyper really is useless - the number of times NZ were offside in front of the kicker right in front of him and he didn't bat an eyelid ... the one time they did get pinged it was Garces.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:22 pm

Eirebilly, I'm really really really sorry, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:22 pm

Sorry what was your point ebop?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:24 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Mods come on, somebody needs their complaint facility revoked! I'm being targeted every week.

I'm not trying to stir anything, but out of interest - and I've asked this before - do the mods get to see who has made a complaint? I agree with Mikey that if it is the same people routinely flagging posts because they simply do not like a poster or can't handle an alternate opinion to their own then perhaps it is they who need the serious red pens?

Like I said I'm not trying to stir anything, it is a genuine question for the mods.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:25 pm

7.5, my point was...ah forget it, I don't have two weeks to go through the process of explaining it to you Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Great news for O'Brien and the Lions, the right judgement.

Sonny Bill is all class it has to be said, made a mistake but is man enough to admit that, reckless rather than deliberate I feel.

Agreed SBW is a quality character

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

Lads cool the jets with the bickering

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

Heaf wrote:Just watching the replay and Peyper really is useless - the number of times NZ were offside in front of the kicker right in front of him and he didn't bat an eyelid ... the one time they did get pinged it was Garces.  

I honestly do not understand how the man is in his position. He looks utterly clueless in every game I have ever seen him. I remember some commentators mocking his performance in the opening game of the RWC.

His comments after the SBW incident when he said "there wasn't much force" should be investigated, given how that is completely at odds with the new directives and player welfare.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:28 pm

I think your point is that you feel victimised in relation to people moving on from a decision that cleared sob but hark back to cane getting off and grumbling. Fair enough. My point is that the reasoning around cane being cleared has been ignored in some cases but then seems to be followed in other examples. WR to me hasn't helped these situations and they don't seem able.or willing to pass down for black and white guidelines and pick citing officers up about decisions that don't follow precedents or the laws.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:28 pm

That's right guns. SOB was let off and we should all rejoice and be apologetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:29 pm

ebop wrote:Not really, Naholo was knocked 'out'

Was that directed at me? Those that know me on here will know I care deeply about concussion. My point was there was bugger all in the incident and looks like it didn't take long for the citing panel to agree.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:30 pm

Ok 7.5

Gotta go, life is short

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:31 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Great news for O'Brien and the Lions, the right judgement.

Didn't he cheat on his bird with someone in some public toilet? Nothing classy about that.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Didn't he cheat on his bird with someone in some public toilet? Nothing classy about that.

That was Aaron Smith.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:33 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Mods come on, somebody needs their complaint facility revoked! I'm being targeted every week.

I'm not trying to stir anything, but out of interest - and I've asked this before - do the mods get to see who has made a complaint? I agree with Mikey that if it is the same people routinely flagging posts because they simply do not like a poster or can't handle an alternate opinion to their own then perhaps it is they who need the serious red pens?

Like I said I'm not trying to stir anything, it is a genuine question for the mods.

Yes they do. I posted some truthful comments here today, I'm not sure why someone would feel the need to want that removed. SRU Mods Wink seem to have dealt with it though, with a font that's almost verging on pink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Heaf wrote:Just watching the replay and Peyper really is useless - the number of times NZ were offside in front of the kicker right in front of him and he didn't bat an eyelid ... the one time they did get pinged it was Garces.  

I honestly do not understand how the man is in his position. He looks utterly clueless in every game I have ever seen him. I remember some commentators mocking his performance in the opening game of the RWC.

His comments after the SBW incident when he said "there wasn't much force" should be investigated, given how that is completely at odds with the new directives and player welfare.

Yep he really is woeful and I've yet to see him put in a decent performance in any match.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Agree, again.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

That was Aaron Smith.

It was actually Sonny Bill a few years back, whilst he was in NRL and with an Australian model. He was forgiven though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

That was Aaron Smith.

SBW set the standard.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/sport-stars-in-toilet-tryst/news-story/6bf28d214120abc684ce0fa45f294d9a?sv=a400feb9b2beaf0df6fa763eb74cbe89

He also told a referee to "f*** off" when he didn't like their decision. I'm not a fan.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:36 pm

No problem ebop I know you don't want to seriously discuss it!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:36 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
ebop wrote:Not really, Naholo was knocked 'out'

Was that directed at me? Those that know me on here will know I care deeply about concussion. My point was there was bugger all in the incident and looks like it didn't take long for the citing panel to agree.
Yeah good point. It was an 'accidental' forearm to Naholo's head. No malice, no intent, an accident, and a guy gets knocked out. I'm not being funny here. Accidents happen. People need to accept that 'accidents' happen and calm down on the sweeping generalisations about 'dirty' play when 'accidents' occur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next