The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B&I Lions DVD?

+4
RiscaGame
yappysnap
eirebilly
Sin é
8 posters

Go down

B&I Lions DVD? Empty B&I Lions DVD?

Post by Sin é Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:50 pm

Just saw that this video was on itunes and had been released in November. All very quite about the release this year. Has anyone watched it and is it any good? Will Sky be showing it over Christmas?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

B&I Lions DVD? Empty Re: B&I Lions DVD?

Post by eirebilly Fri 29 Dec 2017, 11:03 pm

Its on Sky. Its actually a good watch, would not buy it though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 31 Dec 2017, 1:19 am

Not as good as '09 then?? That one was quality and we'll worth a fiver in the bargain bin

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 31 Dec 2017, 4:49 pm

I wouldn’t bother. I found it more like a match highlights dvd, in effect. The most annoying thing about it was Gatland constantly saying have a few beers tonight and then nothing would be shown. I get it that they won’t want cameras around when they’re relaxing, but would’ve been good to see something other than matches and training field stuff, which was basically all it was.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 02 Jan 2018, 2:40 pm

Just seen it too. We were horribly spoiled by the 1997 video, where we had rugby drama, and an unvarnished look behind the scenes. No tour video has matched it since.

You do get to know some of the players better but if you are looking for answers to selection decisions, or an insight into strategy, then it comes up short. Joe Marler said he learned how to drink on the tour - a wry way of saying that he never felt in contention for a Test place - and yet there's not much evidence of either boozing, or anyone feeling aggrieved.

Gatland said after the tour he was surprised how some players never really put their hand up for selection. Again, there's no sense of any of that from the video. Certainly, we aren't entitled to know every last detail of what happened. However, if the principals make public comments referring to how things unfolded, then we are bound to feel short-changed if the official tour documentary doesn't do so too.

Quite liked BOD's speech to the squad when he handed out jerseys for the first Test.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

I think the players are all too aware of the Lions video that will accompany every tour from now on. Agree with above, it came across as more of match highlights rather than a behind the scenes look.

I would watch it again in a year perhaps - but wouldn't buy it either.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 25 Jan 2018, 4:32 pm

Finally got round to watching this - it was pretty dull up until the Tests started, which is probably a good description of the tour itself!

In terms of entertainment it is probably last of all the DVDs other than 05, although the coverage of the tests was good. As has been said though you didn't really get any extra insight like in the previous tour DVDs.

I loved the 09 tour DVD - up there with 1997 IMO.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 7:19 pm

Haven’t seen it but own all of the others. Agree that they all seem a bit too polished now. I think it would probably be better if it was created entirely from players own recordings of behind the scenes stuff on their phones or body cams, etc!

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:35 am

Its rubbish its not on Blu ray, the Aus tour was.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018, 12:55 pm

Came across it on some dodgy website and looked at a bit of it. Seems to be very manufactured. Just boring.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down