The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Jones abused on the train

+30
Pot Hale
Cyril
lostinwales
stub
quinsforever
TightHEAD
Shifty
nathan
aucklandlaurie
Scarpia
SecretFly
GunsGermsV2
doctor_grey
profitius
tigertattie
whocares
TheMildlyFranticLlama
LondonTiger
Galted
BigGee
EST
No 7&1/2
Scottrf
Tattie Scones RRN
TJ
RuggerRadge2611
NeilyBroon
BamBam
Breadvan
maestegmafia
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eddie Jones abused on the train Empty Eddie Jones abused on the train

Post by maestegmafia Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:48 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43235314

ngland head coach Eddie Jones says he will no longer travel by public transport after claiming he was physically and verbally abused on his way back from Scotland on Sunday.

The Australian travelled alone by train via standard class from Edinburgh to Manchester on the morning after England's 25-13 defeat at Murrayfield.

"I'll make sure I won't in future. It's as simple as that," said Jones.

Jones claims comments made by Scotland great Gavin Hastings did not help.

Former Scotland and Lions captain Hastings, who won 67 international caps, said opposing supporters of Jones' team wanted to "rub his face in the dirt".

A nice article to deflect from yesterday’s piece where he said the England team have leadership issues.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Eddie Jones abused on the train Empty Re: Eddie Jones abused on the train

Post by Breadvan Thu 01 Mar 2018, 7:23 am

That's public transport in the UK for you Eddie.. Wink Doubt you'll never see him on a Arriva trains Wales service either...

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 01 Mar 2018, 7:39 am

Maes showing his true colours with that last line, well done for keeping your Internet connection going past the Wales v England game this year though

For anyone who is interested, here is a video posted by the BBC's sports editor

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/969107662729334784

The same guy who obviously must have asked Eddie for a photo then turns on him - Mr Winklechops of the highest order if you ask me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 01 Mar 2018, 7:53 am

Bloody disgraceful and embarrassing.

No place for this kind of behaviour. Especially in a sport where the values are passion, integrity and respect.

Now I find Jones' comments inflammatory as the next person but would still happily shake his hand. Hopefully these knuckledraggers will get clocked when they mouth off the wrong guy in a bar.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 7:54 am

That's an utter disgrace. picard

We have some utter fudds in this country and I felt really embarrassed watching that.

I don't like Eddie Jones but to abuse the man in the street like that was absolutely honking, that makes me really angry and makes us (Scots) look really bad.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:00 am

On the from Scotland to manchester and from manchester to London its somewhat doubtful these were scottish fans.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:04 am

They are definitely Scottish fans, the accent and colloquial language and connotations is a bit of a give away TJ. Its a disgrace.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:08 am

Absolutely disgraceful but there is no way on earth they are Scottish Rugby fans.

Pi$$ed up chavs yes, but I'll bet any money they've never been to a match in their life.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:08 am

Don't think it reflects on Scottish fans. Just some absolute muppets who are hard when their mates are there to back them up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:11 am

Scottrf wrote:Don't think it reflects on Scottish fans. Just some absolute muppets who are hard when their mates are there to back them up.

Spot on Scott OK

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:38 am

There's muppets everywhere. Bit of a micky take they got a pic first.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:16 am

I hated watching that, god we have our fair share of idiots. Some pissed up bams on their way to Manchester, I very much doubt any of them are rugby fans...yet that's how it looks in the media.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:51 am

Eddie Jones can play the game in the media, he did it before the England v Wales with his suggestions of Patchell not having the bottle.

To be fair though he did nothing out of order in the run up to the CC match and was actually very respectful towards Scotland (he left the mouthy stuff to Teo and Robshaw) and he was very decent after the match.

It was a real shame this has happened and leaves a bad taste. I hope everyone realises that all countries have their idiots and these clowns were not reflective of Scottish rugby fans. Sure we enjoyed our win, but we mostly did it with a bit of grace and a lot of perspective.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:56 am

BigGee wrote:Eddie Jones can play the game in the media, he did it before the England v Wales with his suggestions of Patchell not having the bottle.

To be fair though he did nothing out of order in the run up to the CC match and was actually very respectful towards Scotland (he left the mouthy stuff to Teo and Robshaw) and he was very decent after the match.

It was a real shame this has happened and leaves a bad taste. I hope everyone realises that all countries have their idiots and these clowns were not reflective of Scottish rugby fans. Sure we enjoyed our win, but we mostly did it with a bit of grace and a lot of perspective.

Yeah, I did think the whole 'watch what you say in the media' spiel was a bit rich coming from him. Even still, he shouldn't have been subjected to those idiots

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:10 am

I'm not so sure Ben Stokes is still in NZ after watching that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:20 am

TJ wrote:On the from Scotland to manchester and from manchester to London its somewhat doubtful these were scottish fans.

This attitude is all over Twitter and in the replies to the video - come on, as much as I dislike stereotyping, they're obviously Scottish. The debate about whether they are rugby fans or just idiot chavs jumping on the bandwagon is probably a lot closer to the truth.

As one online comment read - "Can you imagine them being so brave if the England coach who had just been defeated was Martin Johnson?"

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:29 am

BamBam wrote:
TJ wrote:On the from Scotland to manchester and from manchester to London its somewhat doubtful these were scottish fans.

This attitude is all over Twitter and in the replies to the video - come on, as much as I dislike stereotyping, they're obviously Scottish. The debate about whether they are rugby fans or just idiot chavs jumping on the bandwagon is probably a lot closer to the truth.

As one online comment read - "Can you imagine them being so brave if the England coach who had just been defeated was Martin Johnson?"

100% Scottish. 100% idiots.

To be fair to TJ, I think that comment was made without having seen the video?

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:45 am

Maes probably thinks he deserved it , like when Chris Ashton was glassed.. Rolling Eyes
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:21 am

Having flown up on Tuesday for work, I am currently stuck in Edinburgh waiting for transportation to start up. Wearing a Tigers jacket and beanie when I went for a walk last night, I happened to bump into some rugby fans who were extremely generous.

We have plenty of dicks down in England just like the Muppets on that video.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:31 am

This is repulsive, I'm ashamed to have clowns like these associating themselves in any way with Scottish rugby. I hope they all get done for public order offences. Scumbags.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:42 am

EST wrote:
BamBam wrote:

100% Scottish.  100% idiots.

To be fair to TJ, I think that comment was made without having seen the video?

In which case, apologies TJ Ale

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:03 pm

I couldn’t understand a word of what they were saying so just assume they were from north of... Nottingham!

On a side note am surprised that the richest Rugby Union in the world cannot afford first class train fare for his head coach.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:06 pm

whocares wrote:I couldn’t understand a word of what they were saying so just assume they were from north of... Nottingham!

On a side note am surprised that the richest Rugby Union in the world cannot afford first class train fare for his head coach.

I think it was for a personal trip - though it was an invite from Sir Alex Ferguson, you'd have thought he'd get him a chartered flight!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:08 pm

Muppets of the highest order

I'm not wanting to cast aspersions, but they sound like football fans to me!

Seriously though, I can only assume that they follow rugby in some vein as they recognise Jones. Judging on the video, it would appear that all is friendly with the muppets asking for a picture with Eddie which he appears to oblige to, if even reluctantly, and things go downhill when Jones decides to exit stage left (as is his right to do so) and not get involved in anymore "banter". The muppets then take offense to this and begin their nonsense. I'd hardly say he was physically abused, but taunting him and opening the taxi door is certainly threatening behavior and not to be tolerated.

Sure Jones has a gob on him, but he doesn't deserve to be hounded by a pack of neanderthals. Hopefully the muppets can be identified and suitability charged with some sort of breach of the peace or affray!

Or, in the spirit of building bridges, perhaps invite the gang down to twickers for a tour of the stadium and let them watch, and even take part, in a contact training session with the English forwards?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:20 pm

tigertattie wrote:Or, in the spirit of building bridges, perhaps invite the gang down to twickers for a tour of the stadium and let them watch, and even take part, in a contact training session with the English forwards?

Ah, if only. Making sure to leave it until Billy is back in training of course.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Or, in the spirit of building bridges, perhaps invite the gang down to twickers for a tour of the stadium and let them watch, and even take part, in a contact training session with the English forwards?

Ah, if only. Making sure to leave it until Billy is back in training of course.

Would be a perfect opportunity to re-trial rucking, as a means of speeding up the game.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:37 pm

You have to laugh at the "physical abuse" part. Laugh
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:02 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Having flown up on Tuesday for work, I am currently stuck in Edinburgh waiting for transportation to start up. Wearing a Tigers jacket and beanie when I went for a walk last night, I happened to bump into some rugby fans who were extremely generous.

We have plenty of dicks down in England just like the Muppets on that video.
I just saw this on the news a few minutes ago.
Dicks, muppets, whatever, really understates what these people are.  But we all have them.  

And, maybe it is just me, but it seems like this is becoming more 'acceptable' for some people to get their jollies by proving once again Darwin was wrong.   Don't know why some jackasses feel like this is a good thing.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:13 pm

Not an Eddie Jones fan but you cant harass someone on the street like that. every country has them but those guys are to$$ers. Leave the guy alone.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:22 pm

Drunk eejits larging it. Well, they really obviously know their rugby, them lads - and wanted to discuss scrum technicalities with Eddie.

The guy with the camera -these guys sometimes think they are neutral bystanders. If it had gotten rough for Eddie, would he have kept filming or would he have shouted at the basterdes to F**k Off!"?

I think the 'neutral' video collectors are sometimes more of an issue as they are like pied pipers and drag in these 'fun' lads like moths to light source.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:23 pm

Drunken idiots behaving badly. This time they happened to be Scots.

In general Scots fans are regarded as the finest no matter the sport.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:00 pm

Unsavoury as this incident is, if it leads to coaches refraining from the mind games and taunting of players before matches then some good will come from it.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:04 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Drunken idiots behaving badly. This time they happened to be Scots.

In general Scots fans are regarded as the finest no matter the sport.

There always has been an insideous anti English hardcore of Scottish fans. Sadly they are becoming bolder. There was a bunch of Fannies in the Kenilworth on Saturday who were giving out all this rancid banter to a bunch of English fans who were clearly on tour with their rugby club. This was pre match.

The English fans were singing and being generally pleasant. The rest of the pub started counter singing and this group of lads started to get quite chopsy and making rude gestures. They weren't rugby fans so I took it upon myself to tell them to just sing with the rest of the pub instead of engaging the other fans with rude gestures and insults. They sulked off muttering something about me being an "English basturd anaw".

Knuckle draggers...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:10 pm

Scarpia wrote:Unsavoury as this incident is, if it leads to coaches refraining from the mind games and taunting of players before matches then some good will come from it.

Are you saying that Eddie Jones deserves to be treated like this because his job entails being interviewed pre-game match persistantly by media?

Since this happened after the game last week after the Scottish victotry, then maybe Scotland will go on and Experience winning more regularly, and this group of fans will appreciate what the role of victors involves.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Scarpia wrote:Unsavoury as this incident is, if it leads to coaches refraining from the mind games and taunting of players before matches then some good will come from it.

Are you saying that Eddie Jones deserves to be treated like this because his job entails being interviewed pre-game match persistantly by media?

Since this happened after the game last week after the Scottish victotry, then maybe Scotland will go on and Experience winning more regularly, and this group of  fans will appreciate what the role of victors involves.

As others have said, I've never met a rugby "fan" like those in that video.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:50 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Since this happened after the game last week after the Scottish victotry, then maybe Scotland will go on and Experience winning more regularly, and this group of  fans will appreciate what the role of victors involves.

Are you suggesting that they are Rugby League fans?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:55 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

I'm suggesting they aren't fans at all.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:24 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

I'm suggesting they aren't fans at all.

I don't know if these people were rugby fans or not (they obviously recognised Jones), but the incident in the video occurred the following day, in Manchester. So right now all we know is that they're Scottish and that they're idiots. One of the reasons i'm so annoyed with these w@ankers, is that the impression a lot of people will now have of Scottish rugby are these fools (after it's been the number 1 story on the beeb sport section all day), when it wouldn't surprise me if they've never actually set foot in Murrayfield.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:31 pm

profitius wrote:You have to laugh at the "physical abuse" part. Laugh

Just because it wasn't caught on camera, lets not laugh about it.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

I'm sickened by this, it doens't matter which country they are from as we all have them.

Does make you think sometimes if ex players get fans too riled up where they forget to have a beer together afterwards.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 01 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm

Eddie Jones is always quick enough to open his gob on people, he can dish it out but can't take it back by the sounds of things.  He should stop stirring the pot.  To be caught on public transport after a game that his team have lost, after so frequently mouthing off, is his own stupidity.  Don't condone the fan behaviour but Jones brings that type of thing on himself by the way he behaves.
Fans are assholes though..
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

What can you say, football fans no doubt!

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:17 pm

Happy st David’s day to our Welsh posters Very Happy
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:20 pm

Shifty wrote:Eddie Jones is always quick enough to open his gob on people, he can dish it out but can't take it back by the sounds of things.  He should stop stirring the pot.  To be caught on public transport after a game that his team have lost, after so frequently mouthing off, is his own stupidity.  Don't condone the fan behaviour but Jones brings that type of thing on himself by the way he behaves.

Imagine a man getting on public transport after the team reporting to him have a bad day at work. The sheer audacity of it.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:22 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Not at all but perhaps coaches (Jones & Gatland in particular) should stick to general points about the forthcoming match and avoid personal remarks about a player's "bottle" for example.

What happened to Jones was reprehensible but I can't help thinking that fans get riled by remarks from some coaches.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:29 pm

Was expecting a lot worse after initial reports to be honest. Poor guy shouldn’t have to fear going out in public. He needs a special bulletproof EJ-car like the pope had, his own train or even bodyguards 24/7. The guy is a target. Why is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:36 pm

one of the things i love about rugby, is hearing that EJ traveled from the calcutta cup in standard class on public transport. is the opposite of football.

hearing he got subjected to football style abuse is not surprising i suppose, although very disappointing.

i actually dont think it's a rugby thing. i think it's a football thing.

6 nations rugby fans are the most respectful sports fans in the world IMO.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:39 pm

ebop wrote:Was expecting a lot worse after initial reports to be honest. Poor guy shouldn’t have to fear going out in public. He needs a special bulletproof EJ-car like the pope had, his own train or even bodyguards 24/7. The guy is a target. Why is that?
the uk is not a rugby country that is why. if that is not self explanatory enough then go check out some football threads for a hint...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm

Some classy responses on here from our Scottish posters and, well, almost everyone. Couldn't agree more: the offenders are knuckle dragging scum of which each nation has its fair share. Hug

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:01 pm

Shifty wrote:Eddie Jones is always quick enough to open his gob on people, he can dish it out but can't take it back by the sounds of things.  He should stop stirring the pot.  To be caught on public transport after a game that his team have lost, after so frequently mouthing off, is his own stupidity.  Don't condone the fan behaviour but Jones brings that type of thing on himself by the way he behaves.

That is pretty poor

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next