The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 6 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sat 29 Aug 2020, 9:43 am

More news of note;

Aaron Murphy will join in 2021 from Huddersfield Giants. Very good signing IMO, 2 year contract.

Levy Nzoungou extends his deal to the end of 2021, excellent prospect Thomas Doyle again extends to 2021.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Mon 07 Sep 2020, 12:04 pm

Murphy and Brough both excellent signings. And in what could be a very tough league, what you need.

Any news on when you maybe coming back to Bradford?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 07 Sep 2020, 7:14 pm

No news on the proposed/wished for move back to Bradford however it won't be next season that I am confident of.

Connor Farrell has announced his retirement at the end of the season (effectively now) due to ongoing injuries.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 27 Sep 2020, 11:58 am

The Beast wrote:No news on the proposed/wished for move back to Bradford however it won't be next season that I am confident of.

Connor Farrell has announced his retirement at the end of the season (effectively now) due to ongoing injuries.
Unless in the the unlikely event of Odsal having a revamp or a totally new ground i can't see any value of moving back to to Bradford. The Bulls are very unlikely to be able to afford the rent the soccer club would want.
Such a shame about Connor Farrell, but sport can be cruel

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 30 Sep 2020, 2:39 pm

Sign forward Adam Rooks from Rovers for next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 10 Oct 2020, 8:55 am

Rooks is a good signing IMO and more good news Matty Race has signed for the next year, a talented full back who has very impressive through the academy and reserves.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 10 Oct 2020, 8:59 am

Meanwhile I have won another round of drinks in via the Bulls lottery.........before 10pm of course........oh yes I don't drink!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 23 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm

The Beast wrote:Meanwhile I have won another round of drinks in via the Bulls lottery.........before 10pm of course........oh yes I don't drink!!
Perhaps you have friends who do Very Happy

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 07 Nov 2020, 10:56 am

Reported that Bradford are considering an application for SL. Can I please mention that whilst the club holds a place for me and is not ever too far from my thought this IMHO is insane.

1, currently run by a chairman of another club
2, currently have a competitive (part time) team for the Championship (which I am very much looking forward to)
3, the "preferred" club receives £800k less than the rest of SL (how are they going to deal with the above?)
4, oh yes, no stadium.

SL, in 2021.......really??????

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 07 Nov 2020, 4:01 pm

Cart before the horse in my opinion. As you point out they need to sort out so much before even thinking of sl in my opinion. And I'm really not sure it's the right move for the club.

Toulouse are the club in my opinion who should get it.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 14 Nov 2020, 8:29 am

Luke wrote:Cart before the horse in my opinion.  As you point out they need to sort out so much before even thinking of sl in my opinion.  And I'm really not sure it's the right move for the club.

Toulouse are the club in my opinion who should get it.

Agreed, Bulls sign Elliot Wallis on loan from Hull KR for next season, do you know much about him?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 14 Nov 2020, 5:26 pm

Saw him once, has a bit of pace. Looked good defensively. And had fairly good hands. We played him as a winger, but that day and at York(loan), he played in the centers and looked very good. He's was well rated around the club, and think he'll go well in what is looking a very strong division.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:46 am

New Home kit released.
Black shoulders, and top part going into a v. White bottom half, the red and Amber stripe on the bottom half of the black.
Looks really smart.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 04 Dec 2020, 9:11 pm

Luke, apologies I did read and appreciate your comment regarding Elliot Wallis but notice I did not reply. Thank you, I am looking forward to see him in the Red Amber and Black.

Home kit is very nice. I normally prefer a polo but not with this.

Meanwhile talks continue for Stock Cars to return to Odsal with a view to the Bulls moving back.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 12 Feb 2021, 9:25 pm

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/860/bulls-reveal-2021-squad-numbers?mc_cid=f3bee07b60&mc_eid=5ac0682aaf

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 20 Feb 2021, 10:46 am

Thank you GH. Bradford were talking to Ukuma Taʻai and Tom Olbison but could not afford either.

A reasonably balanced squad who IMO with luck regarding injuries have a chance of finishing in the top 6 but I do expect a very tight middle part of the table and not much to pick between 6 - 7 sides.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 26 Feb 2021, 8:38 am

John Kears thoughts
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/john-kear-aims-super-league-23551602

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:42 pm

No real surprise today i.e. bit of a hiding at Featherstone. I have not yet seen the game to be fair however I did listen to commentary and there were fairly clearly two 10 - 15 minute periods when they completely dropped off and were punished by an excellent Rovers side.

The club have signed Jack Sanderson (Utility Back) and out of retirement Anthony Walker on one year contracts. Rumours that Ben Evans released by Toulouse is heading to the UK for talks with John Kear.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 27 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

Nigel Wood has been appointed as new Chairman. This also allows Mark Sawyer to take a step back who I think the club owes a huge debt to.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 30 Mar 2021, 8:11 pm

The Beast wrote:Nigel Wood has been appointed as new Chairman.  This also allows Mark Sawyer to take a step back who I think the club owes a huge debt to.
Indeed and money is being spent at Odsal in an effort to get the Bulls playing there from next season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 02 Apr 2021, 2:14 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Nigel Wood has been appointed as new Chairman.  This also allows Mark Sawyer to take a step back who I think the club owes a huge debt to.
Indeed and money is being spent at Odsal in an effort to get the Bulls playing there from next season

Yes, not sure by who? Stockcar racing will also be back at Odsal.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 02 Apr 2021, 2:38 pm

George Flanagan has been suspended for 10 games following an alleged "squirrel" tackle during the cup game v Fev. I thought he was pretty fortunate to be offered a new contract following a similar (and clear cut) foul during the 2019 Toronto game, this latest incident just 5 competitive games since the previous ban ended. I think there might be an appeal on the basis video evidence is inconclusive however Jack Bussey's (Fev) evidence is clear, consistent and entirely trustworthy. I can only hope that any contact was accidental.

Anthony England (previously at Wakefield) has been forced to retire due to injury. Terrible news for him following a fine career, I wish him well for the future.

League season starts on Sunday, important game at Sheffield. The above news combined with Jordan Lilley (Suspended), Sam Halls (Broken Jaw) and Matty Dawson-Jones (Fractured shoulder) whilst Ben Evans has indeed signed the squad is looking a somewhat thin.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 02 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Yes, not sure by who?  Stockcar racing will also be back at Odsal.
Possibly the RFL and the Stock car people and lest not forget that the RFL have lease

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 02 Apr 2021, 6:32 pm

The Beast wrote:George Flanagan has been suspended for 10 games following an alleged "squirrel" tackle during the cup game v Fev.  I thought he was pretty fortunate to be offered a new contract following a similar (and clear cut) foul during the 2019 Toronto game, this latest incident just 5 competitive games since the previous ban ended.  I think there might be an appeal on the basis video evidence is inconclusive however Jack Bussey's (Fev) evidence is clear, consistent and entirely trustworthy.  I can only hope that any contact was accidental.

Anthony England (previously at Wakefield) has been forced to retire due to injury.  Terrible news for him following a fine career, I wish him well for the future.

League season starts on Sunday, important game at Sheffield.  The above news combined with Jordan Lilley (Suspended), Sam Halls (Broken Jaw) and Matty Dawson-Jones (Fractured shoulder) whilst Ben Evans has indeed signed the squad is looking a somewhat thin.

George Flanagan in my opinion for lucky to get off with only a 10 game ban with his past history

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 04 Apr 2021, 5:27 pm

Never really understood giving a deal to Flanagan, he always struck me as a dirty player. And in this league, with a smallish squad seemed a liability you could have done out

Bad result today, not so much the loss. Sheffield are a decent side, the margin would be more of a worry.
Luke
Luke

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 04 Apr 2021, 8:23 pm

Today - Shambles.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 05 Apr 2021, 9:58 am

The Beast wrote:Today - Shambles.
I think John Keir might have to change his tactics with new rules

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 05 Apr 2021, 6:36 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:

Possibly however as you will see from these "highlights" there is some very poor defence on show seemingly in structure, attitude and application. What this does not show is that the Eagles made easy yards straight through the middle all afternoon.

The final coupe de grace was scored when Sheffield were a player down (sin bin), you'd never know it from this.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 07 Apr 2021, 7:25 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Possibly however as you will see from these "highlights" there is some very poor defence on show seemingly in structure, attitude and application.  What this does not show is that the Eagles made easy yards straight through the middle all afternoon.  

The final coupe de grace was scored when Sheffield were a player down (sin bin), you'd never know it from this.

With the new rules they might need some more mobile forwards when defending

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 17 Apr 2021, 4:11 pm

Two weeks on and Halifax tomorrow afternoon/evening? Not expecting a win but I know it is only two games in but a big improvement in attitude is IMO essential. Jordan Lilley should be back, although having only played a few minutes of the pre-season warm up I would imagine he will be rusty.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 18 Apr 2021, 7:17 pm

Big improvement delivered. Certainly worried at 14 - 0 down and then to blow a 24 - 14 lead but rode their luck winning 27 - 26. My turn for a lie down.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 19 Apr 2021, 6:51 am

A great win, and a massive pick up. And hopefully a boast that you needed, especially given some of the other results. Going to be very competitive for the play off places. Maybe you can be up there at the end.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 19 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm

Having seen the tries, Pickersgill's is fantastic. But to me both the 2nd, and 4th are off forward passes (The 4th is very forward).

At some point we need to put the emphasises back on not allowing forward passes, and actually penalizing them, or a vital part if the game is not important.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 19 Apr 2021, 8:27 pm

Luke wrote:Having seen the tries, Pickersgill's  is fantastic. But to me both the 2nd, and 4th are off forward passes (The 4th is very forward).

At some point we need to put the emphasises back on not allowing forward passes, and actually penalizing them, or a vital part if the game is not important.
Indeed. They are always hard to marshal though for the match officials

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 26 Apr 2021, 6:42 pm

Very good result last night. i have yet to see the game but another try of the week contender at 3:40 mark.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 26 Apr 2021, 6:43 pm

Just to add, Danny Brough 500 appearances, a fantastic achievement.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 28 Apr 2021, 7:23 am

Brilliant achievement by Brough, who should have made more international appearances.
And a good win, started the season okay. Couldn't really have asked for more.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 29 Apr 2021, 7:58 pm

Luke wrote:Brilliant achievement by Brough, who should have made more international appearances.
And a good win,  started the season okay. Couldn't really have asked for more.
Should have chose England over Scotland to play internationals as he's not really a Scot

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 05 May 2021, 3:50 pm

Good win,
Looking solid. Things going well, and the club looking to come back to odsal.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 05 May 2021, 7:59 pm

Luke wrote:Good win,
Looking solid. Things going well, and the club looking to come back to odsal.

Somebody is going to have a spend a lot of money on Odsal to make get it up to a reasonable standard, and it won't be the RFL as they have the sort of money the ground needs spending on it.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 May 2021, 10:30 am

A hard fought win at Whitehaven, Swinton today. In theory it should be a win but it is not clear at present who is fit, last week they ran of interchanges in the second half.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 May 2021, 4:56 pm

Phew. That was way way closer than it should have been. I was going to comment earlier on the nu. of re-starts and penalties conceded and today it very nearly cost them the game..........that and missed opportunities.

Credit to Swinton they battled and took their chances but they were IMO given an invitation back into a game that should have been put to bed after 55 - 60 minutes.

Generally an awful game, 2 points in the bag......clinging on at the end.

Statement to come from the Bulls and Newcastle tomorrow. The game moved to 17.05.2021 to allow fans in.......can't be shown on the Our League app as there is a SL game that evening????

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 09 May 2021, 10:59 pm

Seen the tries, Pickersgill looked fantastic at times, but from that. Though important, thought when Lilley dropped the goal, killed your attacking momentum. But it's a win.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 11 May 2021, 6:09 pm

I think the club will do well to hang on to Pickersgill and Ebon Scurr.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 14 May 2021, 9:44 am

The Beast wrote:I think the club will do well to hang on to Pickersgill and Ebon Scurr.
If they don't get promoted to Super League and increase their wages, Such is the modern sports world

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 18 May 2021, 6:59 pm

Elliott Kear will join from Salford. He is training to be a firefighter and looking for part-time rugby.

Some media have suggested he will join on June 1st, however it is September so this effectively a signing for 2022.

Tough game this Sunday at London, artificial pitch might be a telling factor.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 23 May 2021, 8:13 am

The Beast wrote:Elliott Kear will join from Salford.  He is training to be a firefighter and looking for part-time rugby.

Some media have suggested he will join on June 1st, however it is September so this effectively a signing for 2022.

Tough game this Sunday at London, artificial pitch might be a telling factor.
It's good to see a player thinking of his future once he stops playing.
I think the Bulls will win on Sunday as John Kear will use his knowhow to outsmart Danny Ward

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 24 May 2021, 7:31 pm

Nice pick GH. Not sure Kear out coached them but a very good performance nonetheless. London to be fair lost two outside backs to injury early in the game which cannot of helped.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 24 May 2021, 7:41 pm

Some really really great news, the next two Bulls home games (hopefully all) will be at ODSAL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 25 May 2021, 8:43 pm

The Beast wrote:Some really really great news, the next two Bulls home games (hopefully all) will be at ODSAL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Evidently there is a dispute with Big Nige and the Dewsbury owner over the Bulls breaking some sort of agreement they had with the Rams over ground sharing, Watch this space

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next