The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks

4 posters

Go down

Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks Empty Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:51 am

Tie-breaks at 12-12 in the final set. I think this is a good move. I'd like to see it at 12-12 in the other slams.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/45913728

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks Empty Re: Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks

Post by MrInvisible Fri 19 Oct 2018, 12:13 pm

This is all Isner's fault! Seriously though, this is a v good sensible decision - 12-12 is a nice balance - we get to see the drama of players trying to break/hold serve in a competitive drawn out 5th set, but 12-12 allows it to be concluded before it gets out of hand and adversely impacting upon the schedule and the physical condition of the players.

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks Empty Re: Wimbledon to have final set tie-breaks

Post by Henman Bill Fri 19 Oct 2018, 1:58 pm

I agree with the decision. I've been saying they should do this for years.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 19 Oct 2018, 2:34 pm

Gosh. A change by sports administrators that is sensible. Of course it would only be the Australian and the French that would have to change as the USO has a tiebreak, at 6-6, already.
There was little doubt that Anderson had not much left for the final at Wimbledon. People may recall that after the titanic Isner-Mahut match a few years back Isner had to play the next day and promptly lost his first FOUR service games as he was totally cream-crackered.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down