The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Rumble discussion thread

Go down

Royal Rumble discussion thread Empty Royal Rumble discussion thread

Post by Samo Tue 21 Jan 2020, 4:17 pm

Its the most wonderful time of the year for wrestling fans. The greatest gimmick match of all time makes its return this Sunday with the Royal Rumble.

The card:

Mens Royal Rumble
Womens Royal Rumble
Daniel Bryan vs The Fiend (c) - Universal Championship
Lacey Evans vs Bayley (c) - SmackDown Womens Championship
Asuka vs Becky Lynch (c) - RAW Womens Championship
Roman Reigns vs King Corbin - Falls Count Anywhere
Shorty G vs Sheamus

Mens competitors

Roman Reigns
Brock Lesnar
AJ Styles
Erick Rowan
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ricochet
Drew McIntyre
Elias
King Corbin
Dolph Ziggler
Otis
Tucker
Rusev
Bobby Lashley
Aleister Black
Buddy Murphy
Braun Strowman
Shinsuke Nakamura
Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe

Womens competitors

Charlotte Flair
Alexa Bliss
Nikki Cross
Sarah Logan

The card looks pretty solid, and the mens match is absolutely stacked already, with a few spaces left for some NXT guys and a couple of surprises. Brock entering number 1 is some awesome booking. Theres a lot of ways they could go with it, and its likely whoever eliminates him will get the title match at Mania, unfortunately the safe money seems to be on that being Cain Velasquez instead of an awesome choice like Matt Riddle. With so much talent involved its tricky to pick a winner although the safe money is on Reigns winning his second Rumble and going on to challenge The Fiend, but I still wouldnt rule out guys like Joe, Owens and Rollins and the outside bets of McIntyre, Black or even Lesnar going the distance. Havent looked forward to a Rumble this much in a while.

Theres been a lack of vision put on the womens match so far, but my money is still on Shayna Baszler taking the win and going on to challenge Becky. Speaking of Becky...

I've loved the build to her match with Asuka. Its so simple that she's doubting herself because she's never beaten Asuka but she's still going in swinging, it puts Asuka over huge.

Samo

Back to top Go down