The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special

+3
Eejit
jimbopip
BigGee
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special Empty Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special

Post by BigGee Tue 11 Feb 2020, 11:30 am

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre
Friday 14th February 2020
Scotstoun Stadium
Glasgow

KO 19.35

Live on Premier Sport

Well what could be more romantic than taking your loved one to a chilly Scotstoun to see the mighty Warriors take on the Zebre. The counsellors and the divorce lawyers may well have a field day!

Hard to see anything other than a Glasgow 5 pointer here. Zebre have been playing a bit better this season, but shorn of their internationals, are going to struggle against Glasgow who can still get out a pretty strong side.

It will be interesting to see who Toonie releases back to DR foer this one, a few international squad players could maybe do with some game time. Hopefully we will see a team looking something like this:

1. Keeble
2. Turner
3. Nicol
4. Nakarawa
5. Davidson
6. Flockhart
7. Gordon
8. Fagerson M
9. Dobie (would really like to see him get a start and surely this is the match to try him out)
10. Horne P
11. VDM
12. McDowell
13. Grigg
14. Niko
15. Bryce

Subs:

Seuili
Dolokoto (about time we had a look at him)
Nuke (if he is fit, the new Argentinian if not)
Swinson
Vakalolama (again time to see what the fuss is about)
Horne G (could do with a run off the bench)
Jackson
Steyn

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special

Post by BigGee Tue 11 Feb 2020, 12:36 pm

https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/fanzone/horne-ready-for-another-italian-job

Looks like Georgie will be playing, probably starting.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Zebre a Valentine's night special

Post by jimbopip Tue 11 Feb 2020, 6:42 pm

Valentines Night Special???
I toyed with surprising MrsPip with tickets for Scotstoun but an inate sense of self-preservation prevailed.
I did ask her if she wanted "a romantic surprise" this year.
She said , rather harshly I thought, "That's not romantic and you won't catch me that way again!"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 11 Feb 2020, 7:17 pm

jimbopip wrote:Valentines Night Special???
I toyed with surprising MrsPip with tickets for Scotstoun but an inate sense of self-preservation prevailed.
I did ask her if she wanted "a romantic surprise" this year.
She said , rather harshly I thought, "That's not romantic and you won't catch me that way again!"

Probably not worth risking the marriage and several precious and sensitive parts of your anatomy for the Zebre game Jim.

A wise choice I feel!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 11 Feb 2020, 7:19 pm

Glasgow fans are of course, hoping it might become a Valentine night massacre!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 12 Feb 2020, 4:26 pm

Nick Grigg has signed a 2 year extension at Scotstoun Yahoo

Charlie Capp has gone on loan to Leicester Tigers while one of theirs comes north.

Argentina international prop Gaston Cortes also joined the club this week on a short-term loan deal from Leicester Tigers.

Looking good.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 12 Feb 2020, 9:15 pm

jimbopip wrote:Nick Grigg has signed a 2 year extension at Scotstoun Yahoo

Charlie Capp has gone on loan to Leicester Tigers while one of theirs comes north.

Argentina international prop Gaston Cortes also joined the club this week on a short-term loan deal from Leicester Tigers.

Looking good.

I can't wait to see what nickname the collective 606 braintrust will bestow on this fella.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 12 Feb 2020, 10:11 pm

Great news about Grigg! He’s still got loads to give for Glasgow and probably Scotland too if injuries occur. Good he’ll still be in Scotland for next couple of years.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 13 Feb 2020, 9:17 am

Eejit wrote:

Looking good.

I can't wait to see what nickname the collective 606 braintrust will bestow on this fella.

why bother when he already has his own song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdgaSuAjII
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 13 Feb 2020, 9:20 am

Oh, and if he turns out to be half decent and each time he wins a scrum penalty, if the unwashed don't sing that each time, can they even call themselves warriors fans?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:39 am

Are Grant Stewart and Seymour injured? When is Lee Jones back?

Imagine Harley, Gibbins (if fit) and Frisbee (if G Horne is not returned) will get the nods to start, sadly in the latter case. Tagive should be given a chance to start with Niko moving to the bench. Also where is Wilson?

On paper, Glasgow have a strong squad for this and really should be putting Zebre to the sword

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:45 am

tigertattie wrote:
Eejit wrote:

Looking good.

No one scrums like Gaston etc etc.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:25 pm

Eejit wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Eejit wrote:

Looking good.

No one scrums like Gaston etc etc.

Has to be Eejit. I'm sure Jimbo and his cheerleading sqaud could get that going in the stands. If they don't I'll be hugely dissapointed.

It will make a nice change to hear some positive cheers from the warriors rampards instead of just booing the opposition and the ref.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:51 pm

Team up

1. Aki Seiuli (8)
2. George Turner (45)
3. Oli Kebble (45)
4. Rob Harley (227)
5. Leone Nakarawa (70)
6. Ryan Wilson (C) (165)
7. Tom Gordon (15)
8. Matt Fagerson (59)

9. George Horne (53)
10. Pete Horne (165)
11. DTH van der Merwe (122)
12. Stafford McDowall (19)
13. Nick Grigg (66)
14. Tommy Seymour (140)
15. Glenn Bryce (27)

Replacements

16. Mesu Dolokoto (0)
17. Alex Allan (100)
18. Adam Nicol (17)
19. Tim Swinson (133)
20. Chris Fusaro (176)
21. Jamie Dobie (5)
22. Ruaridh Jackson (160)
23. Kyle Steyn (24)

Not available due to injury: Adam Ashe (calf), Bruce Flockhart (back), Siua Halanukonuka (calf), Sean Kennedy (ankle), Johnny Matthews (ankle), Kiran McDonald (hip), Robbie Nairn (knee), D’arcy Rae (hand), Grant Stewart (back), Brandon Thomson (calf) and George Thornton (ankle)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm

Ginger tackle Monster = more appearances that the rest of the tight 5 combined. clap

Lord Safford of McDowell at 12. Where has he been all this time?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:45 pm

Big Ollie Keeble at TH, that's an interesting one and might be worth pervevering with if it works well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:00 pm

BigGee wrote:Big Ollie Keeble at TH, that's an interesting one and might be worth pervevering with if it works well.

Pervevere (verb): to lose control of a motorised vehicle as a result of paying too much attention to scantily clad pedestrians rather than oncoming traffic.

Ollie at tight head is interesting: I think that the Fugitive and the One-Armed Man are still on the run. Oh, and Hector Nicol is still not to be trusted to start a game.

Equally interesting is the absence of The Quiet Fijian. If Toonie wants him in the 23 against Italy then a run out might have been a good idea, or possibly we are so short of back three options that he's wrapped in cotton wool at present. Mind you, it looks like  Seaman will be coming off the bench. Well, it is Valentine's Day.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:08 pm

We also get to see our new Fijian hooker, Dolokoto, off the bench. 5 ft 9 and 115 kg apparently! Solid would be the appropriate description I would imagine.

Dobie benches as well and I would imagine will get most of the second half. I should imagine the conditioners will have been working him hard since we last saw him and getting him a bit more ready for the man's world of monsters he is about to enter.

There are rumours that Toonie plans to take him on the summer tour as the 3rd SH, so we may well see a goof bit more of him over the next few weeks.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 13 Feb 2020, 4:28 pm

jimbopip wrote:
BigGee wrote:Big Ollie Keeble at TH, that's an interesting one and might be worth pervevering with if it works well.

Pervevere (verb): to lose control of a motorised vehicle as a result of paying too much attention to scantily clad pedestrians rather than oncoming traffic.

Ollie at tight head is interesting: I think that the Fugitive and the One-Armed Man are still on the run. Oh, and Hector Nicol is still not to be trusted to start a game.

Equally interesting is the absence of The Quiet Fijian. If Toonie wants him in the 23 against Italy then a run out might have been a good idea, or possibly we are so short of back three options that he's wrapped in cotton wool at present. Mind you, it looks like  Seaman will be coming off the bench. Well, it is Valentine's Day.

I'm not sure if BigGee wants to look on at a scantily clad Kebble, but hey, whatever flaots his boat!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 13 Feb 2020, 4:39 pm

I am half asleep after doing a night shift, I did not even notice that!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 13 Feb 2020, 5:25 pm

BigGee wrote:I am half asleep after doing a night shift, I did not even notice that!

Said the man who pervevered his vehicle into an oncoming Hug milk float.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 14 Feb 2020, 10:33 am

jimbopip wrote:
BigGee wrote:I am half asleep after doing a night shift, I did not even notice that!

Said the man who pervevered his vehicle into an oncoming Hug  milk float.

while drooling over Ollie Kebblie in a thong
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:37 pm

Glasgow, somewhat amazingly given the weather forecast, have got themselves a dry track.

Lets see what they can do with it.

Joy Neville on the whistle, she has been good from what I have seen of her.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:42 pm

Pete Horne starts his evening with a missed touch!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:43 pm

Hornito stings early!

You just can't stop him

Greta dummy from Grigg in the build up

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:47 pm

And another one for Matt Fagerson, they went the length of the pitch in phases there

This could be a long night for Zebre

14-0 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:48 pm

This is madness. Just what the doctor ordered after a few weeks of watching a Scotland team full of rubbish Edinburgh players. Yahoo

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:53 pm

Surely that’s a try.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:56 pm

Zebre pack put up a good fight there and get it over the line at the second attempts

14-7 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 7:58 pm

Nakarawa seems to be able to pick up any pass, no matter how bad it is

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:08 pm

That was a harsh call, Horne won that ball, but Zebre get the penalty

14-10 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:19 pm

Zebre score a cracking try following a knock on at a line out and they take the lead

17'-14 Zebre

We have a got a game on

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:22 pm

and Georgie scores another one from a good lineout maul, good response

Great offload from the deck from Turner as well

21-17 Glasgow at HT, with a gale behind us in the second half

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:26 pm

Is George Horne playing his way into the starting SH spot here?

It certainly looks like it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:30 pm

Munster Münster?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:31 pm

I think Furra Linee could have kicked a little more; especially when we were pinned in our own half.
Battleship Griggtempkin and the Mullett both punching well above their weight.
Turner could well replace Chuckles in the 23 next week if he keeps this up.

At times like this I doo feel sorry for our eastern brethren.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:32 pm

Turner has been good, though he has also got the disease and missed a lineout by miles as well!

Matt Fagerson is putting his hand up as well

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:42 pm

That is interesting Turner gets pulled very early, probably instructions from Toonie

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:44 pm

Some tackle that.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:46 pm

and Dolokoto goes straight over to score and get the BP

18 stone and 5 ft 7 you would not fancy tackling him 3 m out!

28-17 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:47 pm

Aye, he’s like a bowling ball.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:48 pm

and DTH get the 5th now joint second all time scorers in Pro 14

Great cross field kick from Horne

35-17 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:49 pm

The half time bollocking from DR seems to have done the trick!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:50 pm

That could be a PT

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:53 pm

Penalty try and a YC for the high tackle on Georgie Horne

42-17 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:56 pm

There’s not a bad team somewhere in this Zebre side.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 8:59 pm

Eejit wrote:There’s not a bad team somewhere in this Zebre side.

Agree, they are much improved from previous years, especially considering they are giving away a lot of players to Italy. They will take a few more scalps this season

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 9:15 pm

What a run from Jamie Dobie

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm

and the try follows but that was made by the young kid!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Feb 2020, 9:18 pm

Glasgow switch off and Zebre get one back

49-24 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next