The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily News Thread

5 posters

Go down

Daily News Thread Empty Daily News Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:35 pm

The news is evolving constantly and daily with the press conferences and different tallies. This is where to discuss new developments

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Daily News Thread Empty Re: Daily News Thread

Post by Luke Sun 29 Mar 2020, 6:11 pm

The chief medical officer, is saying it could be 6 months till we get back to normal today.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 09 Apr 2020, 3:54 pm

I can see the 6 months, but I assume that is getting back to where we were before, there will be a gradual return to work and services after the next couple of months I would think.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 09 Apr 2020, 11:10 pm

Not to sure about that. They've apparently extended the lockdown till June. Your not going to allow people back while there still the chance it can be caught so that's July August. Opening things to start back in September, which is 6 months.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 10 Apr 2020, 1:52 am

If it lasts 6 months, as things stand, I will be financially ruined. I was lucky enough to start a new job on the 8th of March after being out of work since January. I do not qualify for the furlough scheme due to their rediculous cut off, I am living off my savings to ensure that essential bills are paid as I can't even qualify for universal credit.

Can guarantee that my tax will go up to help pay back a scheme that I don't benefit from while eating away over £700 a month out of my savings though Rolling Eyes

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Apr 2020, 3:48 am

Paul,
I'm sorry about your situation.
I wish I could give you advice on who to contact, get advice from. Hopefully it will sort itself out sooner, and we start sorting ourselves out before then. And it comes good for you.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 10 Apr 2020, 11:28 am

I doubt it'll last until September, as the economy won't be able to stand the severe hit. We'll probably start easing out of lockdown between the middle of May and early June, and slowly transition back to normality. Of course, if during the ease out there's a sharp spike in cases, then we may have to go back into full lockdown.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 10 Apr 2020, 11:50 am

Cheers Luke, sadly it looks like my local MP wants to bury her head over this. While a few have supported what is affecting tens of thousands of people, when you have the vast majority shouting what a wonderful job that clown is doing it's going to get drowned out.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 10 Apr 2020, 12:05 pm

Paul, I am in a similar situation, I left my old job towards the end of February with the intention of taking a month off and then starting a new contract at the end of March. As i work through my own limited company I can claim nowt other than a loan. It is one of those situations where you are regarded as self employed by all organisations except the government. I am luckier than you as being literally well-past-it, I have my and my wife's pension to fall back on. Our expenditure though is geared up to save this (pension) and live off my earnings which are considerably more than our pensions.

BoJo is my local MP and I am in complete agreement with you about a clown, unfortunately a clown surrounded by sycophants who have brown tongues. He was far too slow to react and preferred the herd policy to that which just about every country was doing, want ed to appear nice, rather than authoritarian and failed to recognise that an awful lot of ventilators would be required and that by urging the recently retired NHS workers to come back into the fold he was signing a death warrant for a lot of them as they are by definition older and therefore frequently vulnerable and he could not even provided them with the proper PPE.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Apr 2020, 3:33 pm

Someone I know in America (Pennsylvania), has told me all there school's in the state, have shut down for the rest of the school year (that's end of June).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 11 Apr 2020, 3:29 pm

I weighed myself this morning, despite taking only half the exercise I would normally take, drinking more, I have still managed to lose weight, down to 107kg 1.5 kg loss since lock down.

Perhaps this is all a government plot to make us lose weight and save the NHS money in the future, or the start of a new diet trend; self isolation that is, not catching Covid-19.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 17 Apr 2020, 12:24 am

Lockdown to continue for at least another 3 weeks.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down