The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro D2 Run in

3 posters

Go down

Pro D2 Run in Empty Pro D2 Run in

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm

So top spot in Pro D2 is going to the wire with 2 games left.....table looks like this atm

1. Vannes 87 Points
2. Provence 86 Points

Last 2 games for both is:-
Vannes vs Brieve (Home) - Brieve currently sat in 8th place
Agen vs Vannes (Away) - Agen sat 12th place

Biarritz vs Provence (Away) - Biarritz currently in 14th place
Provence vs Grenoble (Home) - Grenoble currently in 4th place

Didn't think Vannes would be in 1st place given their squad compared to other teams in the league. If they make it that will be a major achievement.

Provence if they do finish second could still qualify but the route does not look great as they would (I think) still have to win playoffs and then finish off with a game against Montpellier to decide if they take their place or at least that's how I think it still works.

Provence will have played like 32-34 games by that point. They will be knackered by the time they have to play Montpellier and I would imagine they will be well rested for this game to make sure they dont go down......

Crazy they have a 30 game basic season in that league......Not sure why any top player actually wants to go there aside from money and weather.....

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Pro D2 Run in Empty Re: Pro D2 Run in

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 29 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm

The squads are quite big in that league so I don't think many players play the full 30 games. Sounds like quite a fun league with some of the teams travelling to away games in a manner that's allegedly more like the amatuer days.

Vannes look like they've recruited wisely. Some big experienced guys up front and a flyhalf that's been round the block but still in his peak years alongside some younger talent.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 29 Apr 2024, 3:54 pm

There is usually play-offs for the top 2 or 4 I think, not sure if they would have to play Montpellier or whoever else is bottom of the Top 14 - was it always this way?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Apr 2024, 4:41 pm

So i think bottom side in top 14 gets auto relegated.....13th spot has to play a playoff against the 2nd place side (via playoff).

So essentially 2 teams can get relegated although it doesnt happen very often.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum