The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POST-NIGHT OF GLORY IX PRESSER

+3
Uryu Ishida
Bentyf1
JJJohnson
7 posters

Go down

POST-NIGHT OF GLORY IX PRESSER Empty POST-NIGHT OF GLORY IX PRESSER

Post by JJJohnson Mon 20 May 2024, 12:20 pm

As per the last couple of PPVs feel free to throw any questions up to the podium.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

POST-NIGHT OF GLORY IX PRESSER Empty Re: POST-NIGHT OF GLORY IX PRESSER

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 20 May 2024, 12:35 pm

Danny McNeil, Daily mail, Sport correspondent

“Good evening JJ, firstly what an insane event. I think all of us in this media round up event need to say thank you to you and all the superstars in 6CWF for making this edition of Night of Glory so special.  How is the talent? Can you provide an update on any talent who may have taken some knocks from the event? Can you say everyone has a clean bill of health? My second question, we saw that 6CWF for the first time had in real time a deep insight into the goings on backstage of the event. Will this be a fixture going forward or will us in the media expect this solely in the crown jewel events? The fans seem to love the idea of seeing the other side of the talent and their emotions. Thank you JJ.”

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 20 May 2024, 12:58 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:Danny McNeil, Daily mail, Sport correspondent

“Good evening JJ, firstly what an insane event. I think all of us in this media round up event need to say thank you to you and all the superstars in 6CWF for making this edition of Night of Glory so special.  How is the talent? Can you provide an update on any talent who may have taken some knocks from the event? Can you say everyone has a clean bill of health? My second question, we saw that 6CWF for the first time had in real time a deep insight into the goings on backstage of the event. Will this be a fixture going forward or will us in the media expect this solely in the crown jewel events? The fans seem to love the idea of seeing the other side of the talent and their emotions. Thank you JJ.”

Appreciate the questions, Danny

In terms of morale etc I would say we are all pretty sky high right now. It was a heck of a show and the guys really did themselves proud. It was important for us to demonstrate what 6CWF is all about and I truly believe we achieved that. I believe that was, easily, right up there at the very top of any show we have ever produced. I was certainly proud to be part of it.

In regards to injuries and bills of health? Naturally there is a risk in any match and anyone who spouts that "it's all staged" rubbish is talking out of their a55. So here is where we are at right now. I'd say all the guys involved in the "Return of Xtreme" are banged up. Goes with the territory. Mike Hill and O'Callaghan may need a little time and some longer-term assessment but we'd like to get them back involved sooner rather than later. Anthony Grace, well you saw he has a movie coming out....he was involved in a serious spot with Ojore and the flaming table. Grace got some burns and he was roughed up pretty bad but the dialogue has been positive. He's probably going to be sporadic with premieres etc and it gives him time to heal up properly. But again we would like to get him back certainly in time for the next PLE in Texas on July 14th.

I think the "Hell in a Cell" match is another that comes with major risk and everyone saw what those guys were willing to put their bodies through. We as an organisation could not thank them enough for their sacrifices because that was certainly one of the craziest f***ing matches I ever saw, no doubt. GazzyD is bruised and he is beat up after falling off the cell but, quite amazingly, he escaped without serious injury. Dragon, Logan are the same. They got cut, beat up pretty bad but the medical teams are saying they are ok. Plague....well I mean where do you start? The guy went through the cell, you all saw what happened....now we didn't get to check him over on site but he has been looked at and we obviously aren't in position to comment too much on that. I know the questions will come and some may ask about the 6CW Championship and things like that but this is still early doors and as of this minute Plague is still the beltholder. He's going to need time and he's going to need our people to give him the green light before we can even begin talking about an in-ring return. He may walk in here next week and be fine....I just cannot comment on that yet until I get a real good look at him.

Everyone else I think is the just the usual that you'd expect - Liam Wood tweaked a knee, something that bothered him from awhile, but he is good and obviously raring to go. We missed him off the upcoming card as a precaution but we have no concerns and I am sure he will be in Birmingham for the Aftermath edition of Proving Grounds. Pleased to report that the rest of the roster is pretty much spot on.

Final question in regards to the backstage insight? We were looking to trial something new. The reviews have been, largely, positive and we have definitely taken that onboard. If I get my way then I think it is something we'd like to incorporate into all of a our PLE/PPV events going forward. I know there was a comment or two about missing backstage interactions (segments) from the live show so maybe we can look at blending the two aspects. It's all very much open air.

We are always trying to look at new ways to make things interesting. We have been doing this a long time and, obviously, the tried and tested methods will remain but this is also a new age and we know we have to move with the times. Other ideas are always being explored in an attempt to make it a more interactive experience for the viewers.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 20 May 2024, 1:01 pm

Shane Watson, Beach Hustler Sports.

Are there any plans to get the crowd to participate in Aftermath? As we know from history shows after big events can be rather rowdy. Secondly Do you have any ideas for new match types or plans for the seldom used ones in history, for example the bullrope / chain match?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 20 May 2024, 1:12 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:Shane Watson, Beach Hustler Sports.

Are there any plans to get the crowd to participate in Aftermath? As we know from history shows after big events can be rather rowdy. Secondly Do you have any ideas for new match types or plans for the seldom used ones in history, for example the bullrope / chain match?

Shane, appreciate you.

Look of course we want the crowd involved, it's pretty much why we do what we do. They were phenomenal at Night of Glory and I cannot thank them enough for that. Obviously for Aftermath we are returning to the home of 6WF and we are definitely expecting the crowd to be full on inside the Bowl. We love it and we know how unpredictable they can be.

Your second question; first for the old and rarely used matched types there, of course, has to be the correct time and place. These aren't just throwaways. Throughout my time being involved in booking I have always tried to find the unique selling points and that still remains. We have done "Inferno" matches in the last season as well as "Buried Alive" but I hear you and believe me it is something we are very much open to when the feud or correct match presents itself. I've done strap matches before, think we booked Clarke James & Ojore in one of those during the Covid-Era, same way we did "Destination Elevation" between Uryu Ishida & Ethan Shaw. We also revitalised "Time Attack" which has become such a massive hit for us over the last season.

In terms of "new match types"; I have to tell you that it isn't easy to create something completely new and exciting because there is so much already out there on the market. Variations on matches that have gone before are easier but still not a cakewalk by any stretch.

That being said we do have something; now isn't the time to reveal all details but we have come up with something we are quite proud of and it will debut at the "Scars and Stripes" show on July 14th in Texas. We wanted something to get the fans excited and the talent too. Entertainment values are what drive us as a company and we certainly have high hopes that this new concept will achieve that.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Mon 20 May 2024, 2:40 pm

Charles “Charlie” Charles from Ringside Radio.

Outside of the already announced schedule, can you confirm any other venues 6CWF will performing at in the future? And are there any venues that are on your bucket list?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking a further question. WrestlingInsider on X ran a poll for Star of the Night for Night 1 which Geoff Steel won. Who in your opinion was Star of the Night for Night 1 AND 2?

acer101

Marky and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Mon 20 May 2024, 6:35 pm

Jimmy Joe Joe Jr Shabadoo from All about Sport FM

First of all congratulations on Night of Glory. You have to feel pretty good now that it's in the books and been so Well received by fans, new and old alike? It's fair to say coming out of it you can feel that momentum has never been better than it is right now and with next year's Night of Glory marking the tenth iteration, and somewhat of a milestone, are you already mulling over ideas as to how you can top this year's and make ten  Not just a show for the ages, but a celebration of the past ten years plus of this companies illustrious history? Appreciate it's early days and still a lot of wrestling to go between now and then

gazzyD

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 20 May 2024, 6:56 pm

acer101 wrote:Charles “Charlie” Charles from Ringside Radio.

Outside of the already announced schedule, can you confirm any other venues 6CWF will performing at in the future? And are there any venues that are on your bucket list?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking a further question. WrestlingInsider on X ran a poll for Star of the Night for Night 1 which Geoff Steel won. Who in your opinion was Star of the Night for Night 1 AND 2?

Who the f*** let Charlie back in here?

Man I'm just playing, good to see.

Look we want to take this show anywhere and everywhere. PPV and PLE wise we are heading back to the US for Scars and Stripes, Abu Dhabi for Beachfront Brawl and we are doing Germany for our end of year show but the world is quite literally our oyster and we also want to take on board the views of talent and the fans. You know we sold out the Tokyo Dome which was definitely a bucket list moment for this last season. We saw WWE went to France and that crowd was insanely good so we'd definitely like to do that too at some point. A European tour would probably be looked into for a whole set of Proving Grounds and culminating in a PPV. But you know with Amazon as our partners they are fantastic and I do believe we'd also like to get a little left field and even so some more intimate settings to provide a different aspect. I think 6CWF would rock out the Hammerstein Ballroom and I'm sure their die-hard audience would keep us on our toes. Or maybe Dario Cueto would let us use the Lucha Underground Temple for the night?

I'll talk to Blue Dragon and see whether we can use his warehouse on the Albert Docks for a show. We really would like to think outside the box and of course we are definitely open to suggestions. Maybe we can run a cruise event or I like the idea of fighting with the Street Fighter, Tekken style backgrounds so maybe we can take this show to Tibet and throw down outside a temple or two. There's a particular SOB I wouldn't mind catching up with if we can make that happen. What I will say is that if you can imagine it then we can certainly make it happen.

As for your second question: Can I say everyone? Sounds like a cop out but the whole roster was exceptional and proved they are the best in the world.

Gun to head I mean it really is difficult. Rex and Liam tore the roof off. The pressure to open such a huge event and they delivered all ends up. That match was literally a five star classic. And they did it by actually selling the moves, I know who knew that was even a thing?

Geoff Steel, where do you start? Hardest f***er alive, he honestly has to be right? Marty Helms pushed him close and I wanna see those two dance but Steel, man, he is a f***ing rock of a human being. Crowd loved him, he was sensational. Stole the show.

Dicey and Daniel told the story of all stories. Reilly probably been star of the year, let alone the night, and they took the time they had and they captured a moment never to be forgotten. Dicey as well, dude is older than me but he is on point. Major love for them and what they did.

Main Event night one all six went to bat. Look I can wax lyrical on us all. But Acer was the standout. Who knew my boy still had it? That son of a b1tch gone have a hell of a season, I'm telling ya. Watch the space on that. And even though they were our enemies, major shoutout to Exodus and Perfect Jack, in particular. That son of a gun is a machine. He's been a real go to guy for me in this booking life for a long time and I trust him to do his job above most others.

Night two....Enforcer is back baby? Hands up who thought he'd be even better this time around....no way at all. We really wanna see him in the deep end going forward and I know he wants that too. As for Reborn....well we can talk about that another time and best believe it gone get addressed (JJ's mouth twitches at his)

Hell in Cell...f*** me, am I right? Laugh Those guys put it all on the line. That's why they call GazzyD the "Human highlight reel". He knows he's my guy, always gone cheerlead Gaz and I know if I put him in any match, story, he is going to hit a home run. Been the same now for nearly fifteen years. Plague is growing into his own and I don't even think this guy has hit his peak yet. That was masterful storytelling and they made a barbaric match into a movie, it was unbelievable to watch. Dragon & Kincade? Baddest f***ers in town, not even a dispute. These guys have turned the noise up in this run and I fully agree with anyone saying they are the frontrunners heading into the new season. Who doesn't want to see them in the limelight?

Masters and Harris was our very own HBK-Angle (Wrestlemania 21). Pure perfection from a wrestling perspective. Two lads who are going places and going to have a standout season. Harris' stock is as high as it has ever been. Some talked about his struggle to get "over" and that maybe was holding him back but when we got him in last year I told him that is utter bulls***. I don't need Scott Harris to be a mouthpiece like Eddy Kent, I don't need him to be a hardcore style fighter....I told him to do what he does best and that is how you "get over". He is a machine, wrestling f***ing master and that is all you need with certain guys. Pure intensity and you know bell to bell he is going to deliver. Not everything is promo and gimmick....I actually need guys who can go in the ring and that is exactly what you get with Harris. And Mike Masters....one of the best. We knew it and that's why he was brought back in. I can call him on a Monday and I know by the weekend he can take any other talent to their best ever match. That is what he does. Fantastic addition to the roster.

The Main Event? Best season finale I have ever see. It had everything and the emotion driving it had everyone out of their seats. I was in Gorilla and I knew the result but nobody else did and I am telling you I have never seen so many grown adults crying. They delivered on a whole other level. Max, considering he knew it was his last match, probably wrestled his best ever....Eddy Kent proved why he is the Final Boss and let's not forget Chris Patricks because he was almost the "third wheel" in many aspects and he made that bout even better than it would have been from a one on one perspective. Patricks was supposed to do 1-2 months with us during the summer for the War Games match but the guy was so good it was an absolute no brainer to extend that contract. He just put on an outstanding performance on the biggest stage and we are very much looking forward to what he can do in the new season.

I know I went around the houses there to answer your question Laugh but f*** me it really is tough. If I stuck my neck on the line for Geoff Steel as superstar of Night 1, fully in agreement with the voting audience, and then I said Blue Dragon & Logan Kincade as a tie for Night 2....and that is a stretch again because my heart tells me you should be voting for Max Adamson.....

Ah f*** it: Blue Dragon & Logan Kincade. Ask me again tomorrow and it'll be someone else. Last night I would have said something different again. But those two big b@stards almost made hell in a cell look easy and that is f***ing frightening.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 20 May 2024, 7:19 pm

gazzyD wrote:Jimmy Joe Joe Jr Shabadoo from All about Sport FM

First of all congratulations on Night of Glory. You have to feel pretty good now that it's in the books and been so Well received by fans, new and old alike? It's fair to say coming out of it you can feel that momentum has never been better than it is right now and with next year's Night of Glory marking the tenth iteration, and somewhat of a milestone, are you already mulling over ideas as to how you can top this year's and make ten  Not just a show for the ages, but a celebration of the past ten years plus of this companies illustrious history? Appreciate it's early days and still a lot of wrestling to go between now and then
#

Shabby Doo? That's a f***ing wind up right? Laugh

You know I appreciate the congratulations but they really belong to the talent. I work with what I have and I am damn proud of what we achieved as a collective but without those guys in the back we wouldn't be doing big business. Most of these lads have been doing this for years now and yet I really do believe they are producing their best ever work. To have multiple superstars hitting their peak at the same time is fantastic from a business perspective, of course, but as a booker and the guy having to make key decisions it certainly does make it tough.

I've had seasons were you know you have maybe 2-3 guys on the elite level whilst everyone is playing catch up. Now of course you need to satisfy everyone for a happy roster but those 2-3 guys need to be involved at the game end of every show and PPV. This current iteration of 6CWF ain't like that, ain't like anything I ever had before.....we are putting on opening matches with guys who could easily be carrying the world title. I have 20+ names on my roster and I truly believe we could place any single one of them as a headline act and we'd still be number one in the industry. It's a fantastic position to find ourselves in but it is also very tough to make sure everyone gets the correct amount of exposure, screen time and opportunity.

As you, quite rightly, say we are now in season 2024/2025 and that will culminate with Night of Glory X. Yes it is early doors, very early, but I won't pretend that preliminary discussions haven't happened because that is a lie. We like to work month to month as best we can, this industry teaches us that planning too far in advance can backfire...but naturally everyone has one eye on such a grand, prestigious event. Night of Glory is the pinnacle, for us in 6CWF it is is our number one show, closely followed by Born in Fire....and it is very important that we pay homage and respect to everyone who helped us get to this point.

We know that the effort that went into this weekend's show will have to increase, something which will take some serious manpower and hours, and we want to have the infrastructure in place to make that a reality. We want a celebration to top any that has come before and that will include honouring those who made all this possible. Announcements will come out in due course about tickets, venues etc so watch this space on that front.

But also given that it is number ten and such a huge deal I think the idea would be that certain events and matches that we would like to take place need the seeds sewing sooner rather than later. I cannot sit here right now and tell you that I have a card in mind because I really do not. I have some dream matches, sure, and some names that I would love to be involved with us but twelve months is a long time in wrestling so it is too early to make any guarantees.

I would love fans, talent, anyone with an idea to throw suggestions out on Twitter because, again, we do read that and we want to give the people what they would like to see.

Saying all that it is also crucial for us to pay respect to the guys currently on our roster delivering this fantastic product on a weekly basis....yes I would love to bring some stars back for Night of Glory X, yes I would love to make some dream/marquee matches and I will do my best on that front...but we have one of the most star-studded rosters ever amassed on our books right now and they are the guys who deserve to be showcased. I am telling you now, it is early in discussion processes, but I have an idea on the main event for Night of Glory next year and it involves superstars who are already contracted to this company. If it happens and we can deliver on all levels....performance, storyline, promo.....it'll be remembered as one of, if not the greatest Night of Glory main event in history. Quote me on that.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 21 May 2024, 8:58 am

Hi, Max Adamson here. Former wrestler.

What was your favourite Max Moment?

Also, I'm trademarking "Max Moment" before you guys get your grubby paws on it. Got my eyes on you son.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 21 May 2024, 8:12 pm

Marky wrote:Hi, Max Adamson here. Former wrestler.

What was your favourite Max Moment?

Also, I'm trademarking "Max Moment" before you guys get your grubby paws on it. Got my eyes on you son.

F***ing hell, Max, have you not got a job to go to? Oh s***, my bad Laugh

Top 5 Max Moments:

1: Born in Fire III when you and Prodigy turned up to steal the 6WF tag belts and ramp up the 6CW/6WF war. Was a watershed moment and should have led to an insane storyline but unfortunately….politics happened.

2: The Gazzy/Max feud. Every bit of it. From Max using Gazzy to win the ‘Gateway to Glory’ and world title to Gazzy finally getting his revenge. One of my favourite ever angles as a booker. Also tied into that was the double champ angle with Enforcer and tag titles as well. Feuding with Scott Harris/Mike Masters and then dropping the tag belts to the Red Arrows for their great run. That might be your best ever work, closely followed by this last year.

3: This whole run. Max/Rex/Genesis. The War Games match. I had no idea what we would get when Max showed up for the one-off Saudi show but everything just slotted together and the whole thing was just brilliant from start to finish. To take that from the summer up until this weekend was one of my most proud storylines to be honest and you guys executed it perfectly.

4: The undefeated Born in Fire run. Even though one was some bulls*** with Jodie Marsh and Jeff Brazier Laugh
I think the ball was dropped with having you lose to Uryu and break the ‘streak’. Was the perfect chance to build our very own big event undefeated run.

5: introducing and managing The TA. Great idea to bring them and maybe one of or probably my favourite team. They broke records and Jackson even went to world champion which was awesome. Your creativity and adaptability have been amazing since day one and that’s why I believe Max is the greatest ever character. Serious longevity and to be able to switch from light heartedness to darker rivalries in a flash.

Honourable mentions to the Megastars run with Anthony Grace. Project X (which could have been bigger if booked better). Survived the ‘Ashes’ match with River Ace and created your own title Laugh
Think the work you did with Uryu and the feud that should have continued when we closed down (around 2020) may have ended in the top 5 if we had chance to finish it properly.

Sure I’ve missed a few others off there but you’ve had some ride mate, should be proud

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 21 May 2024, 9:24 pm

Shakka Khan, the daily toss...

I've got to congratulate you on tonight's show, the whole weekend really, well done to all the team, but I've got to ask..

When does the plan start for next year's Night of Glory?
 I'm aware that you have a new season to write for but I'm interested to know, do the performances this weekend have a direct effect on your booking a whole year down the line? Or do you base the biggest of shows on what is occuring nearer the time?

Also... Who are we expecting to move into the main event in the following months and do you have any plans to shift any more experienced talent to the mid card in order to share their experience amongst those who would benefit from the spotlight?
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 22 May 2024, 10:54 am

BlueDragon1205 wrote:Shakka Khan, the daily toss...

I've got to congratulate you on tonight's show, the whole weekend really, well done to all the team, but I've got to ask..

When does the plan start for next year's Night of Glory?
 I'm aware that you have a new season to write for but I'm interested to know, do the performances this weekend have a direct effect on your booking a whole year down the line? Or do you base the biggest of shows on what is occuring nearer the time?

Also... Who are we expecting to move into the main event in the following months and do you have any plans to shift any more experienced talent to the mid card in order to share their experience amongst those who would benefit from the spotlight?

Appreciate the praise, thank you.

First question; the planning already begins whilst the show is running and certainly as it culminates we start to look at all the moving parts and where they could possibly fit in. But as I have already alluded to earlier on, this is a fickle business and things gone change quick. So you can’t start setting things in stone at an early stage and be confident that in a year’s time that is still going to be possible. I can tell a ton of stories from down the years of matches we wanted to book down the line but when we got there people had left, things change. You have to be ready to switch it up at a moments notice.

Of course right now I look at the roster we have. I look at storylines that are currently running and storylines we have planned for the new season and I see opportunities and certainly there is somewhat of a ‘bucket list’ for Night of Glory X because it is such an historic event for the company and you absolutely want to put on the best matches and showcase the best talent.

But will all these guys be here next year? Will anyone else join up and make such a massive impression that that they have to be in and around the main event? The answer is I just don’t know.

Plans and thinking are always happening, that never stops, and there are certainly some ‘pencilled in’ matches but we will just have to wait and see.

Second question: I think again as I mentioned in an earlier question we have such an incredible roster right now that is imperative that we manage expectation and also make talent see that not being in the ‘main event’ is not necessarily indicative of being ‘the guy’ in the company because we are just so stacked that it is impossible to have that many superstars in the final slot on the card.

Night of Glory for example. Every match on that card could have main evented and I don’t think we’d have any complaints on that. So the guys opening the show weren’t a stereotypical ‘curtain jerker’ because between the four openers over both nights we had 8 world title reigns, an undefeated talent, just so much prestige going on. We could have chosen to main event night one with the European Championship which has never happened before. That match was huge and again shows where we are at as a company.

You ask who is going to step up now into the world title scene? Well of course we sit down and make decisions but that’s also up to the guys in the locker-room to make management take notice of them. Scott Harris, Daniel Reilly are two names being touted right now and they’ve been sublime for twelve months so it could happen but at the same time they shouldn’t get complacent because there’s another 20 guys waiting to take their position. Acer is another who will want to stake his claim, Enforcer I am sure. I genuinely look at that roster and I say don’t be surprised to see any of them win world titles this year…it is that competitive.

As for anyone filling out the ‘midcard’. Again in times gone by you could look at that as a downgrade for some or the middle ground for up and comers before the world stage but this roster is different. Dicey Reilly and Geoff Steel are both champions right now and they are two of the absolute best….not just now but of all time. Marty Helms wants a piece on Steel and we could headline any show with that match. Same goes with anyone who wants to step up with Dicey for the European Championship. Imagine Dicey versus a Logan Kincade or a Mike Masters for that belt. We can put that on anywhere.

Same goes with the tag titles coming back. That is a huge opportunity for everyone on the roster and I hope they take that seriously.

We want the titles to mean something and have prestige. Daniel Reilly did great work with the Euro belt and really elevated it. We want the same for all the championships so expect to see big names contesting them wherever that may fall in the running on the card.

The same way that I fully expect the titles below the worlds….European, Xtreme, Tag and even the ‘Key to the Kingdom’ when it returns….at least one of those titles, if not not more than one, will headline a PPV in the next 12 months. Guaranteed.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down