The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby 25 Video Game on early access

3 posters

Go down

Rugby 25 Video Game on early access Empty Rugby 25 Video Game on early access

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 28 Jun 2024, 10:51 am

Rugby often bemoans the lack of a decent video game since Jonah Lomu Rugby was released in 1997. There are a lot of expectations for Rugby 25, and it's now out on early access. This means it isn't a finished game, and it's only available through Steam for the PC. And you'll need a controller.

If it's a turkey, then it's unlikely anyone will take another stab at a rugby title for a long time.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Rugby 25 Video Game on early access Empty Re: Rugby 25 Video Game on early access

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 28 Jun 2024, 1:47 pm

This YouTuber didn't care for the game mechanics

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Rugby 25 Video Game on early access Empty Re: Rugby 25 Video Game on early access

Post by Duty281 Fri 28 Jun 2024, 2:17 pm

Developed by Big Ant, so I'll be steering well clear.

I cannot ever recall a good rugby game, of either the playing or management variety.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 28 Jun 2024, 4:19 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:This YouTuber didn't care for the game mechanics

He didn't actually bother to learn them, though - just assumed that they would be identical to Rugby 22 and then got flustered when they weren't.

He's also not the most observant guy around - complains just before half time that Woki is playing fullback when the screen has a big box on it declaring that the player is No 11, Mauvaki.

I'd maybe take what he says with a pinch of salt and make your own judgement about whether it will be playable.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 29 Jun 2024, 1:31 am

Poorfour wrote:...He didn't actually bother to learn them, though - just assumed that they would be identical to Rugby 22 and then got flustered when they weren't.

That's how a lot of gamers are though. They don't do training scenarios, or walkthroughs, they just jump straight in and expect to pick things up off the hoof. A French Twitch streamer did much the same thing, and is already calling the gameplay a disaster. You'd rather not have that kind of reaction to a game under development but it's a fairly typical trajectory.

One early access player thinks the developer, Big Ant, brought over a lot of the mechanics from its "Rugby League Live 4" title, and unsuccessfully tried to turn the play-the-ball into a union ruck contest.

The last 40 seconds of his video shows players standing around, not contesting, or playing away from a ruck (the whole clip also features game commentary, which sounds quite good).

This YouTuber says he expected the gameplay to be sloppy, and hopes the developer responds to all the early access feedback. That seems to be crucial.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down