The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henson News! Another Gavin thread!

+6
ML
Shifty
wales606
Cymroglan
maestegmafia
Adam D
10 posters

Go down

Henson News! Another Gavin thread! Empty Henson News! Another Gavin thread!

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:12 pm

Gavin Henson is facing a race against time to prove his fitness ahead of Wales' first pre-World Cup training camp in Spala, Poland next month.

The headline-grabbing 29-year-old, who made a low-key return to the international stage against the Barbarians earlier this month, is currently training on his own having committed to film Channel 5 dating show The Bachelor. He will link up with the rest of the preliminary 45-man Wales squad on June 30 and will then be tested to check out his fitness.

The Wales on Sunday reports that if he doesn't meet the targets that have been set for him then he will not be considered for the trip to Spala that starts on July 2. Such a scenario would leave him playing catch-up in terms of preparation and facing an even bigger battle to see off his rivals and force his way into the World Cup reckoning.

The WRU's head of strength and conditioning, Adam Beard, has been charged with keeping tabs on Henson and is using Skype to keep a close eye on his progress. "It's a very detailed programme he's been given," said Beard. "I'm in touch with him a couple of times a week. Skype is really good. It enables me to have a look how he's going. He talks about his running and that sort of thing. Sometimes he videos a clip of his running for me. Remote coaching isn't new. It's quite good."

Henson has already endured two weeks of personal training with Beard and made a significant impression on the Australian. "I got him over here before the Barbarians game and he gave me 13 or 14 training days," said Beard. "We tested him and analysed all his running and stuff like that and he was around about there in terms of fitness. His weight was pretty good. The guy seems to always keep himself in shape. That's good for me. I know he hasn't played a lot of rugby, but everyone goes into off-season not playing. So he will be at the same level as everyone else in that sense. Everything I've asked him to do so far he's done."

Beard is also confident that together they can combat Henson's injury woes. "I've given him a specific training programme for his running," added Beard. "There are things in his running I definitely think we can help him with in terms of injury prevention. He's had a lot of lower leg problems."

Fellow fitness concerns Shane Williams and Adam Jones are also set to join up with the squad on May 30 and face the same make-or-break testing awaiting Henson. "The three of them have had various commitments and different things arranged, which has meant them being away," said Beard. "I've given them all specific programmes. I am in contact with them and I send them words of encouragement! They trained really hard when they were in last month and all met their targets before leaving. They need to maintain those levels now and keep developing.

"They can't slacken off. If any of them do, it's going to be to their detriment because we have got a lot of competition for places. When they come in on June 30, they will be tested to see if they are of standard that they can go to Poland. That's D-Day for them.

"We've set them targets and they have to meet those targets. If they don't meet them, then they don't come to Spala. And if you don't come to Spala, when you were scheduled to do so, then you are trouble in terms of not coming to the World Cup. You are behind everyone else. You are not in the coaches' eyes. You are not in the national programme.

"The players are very aware of that. They need to attain an entry level to go to Poland. Spala is not a camp to get in shape. It's an advanced training camp for the World Cup. We have to make sure we are in really good shape to take advantage of the facilities there, like the cryotherapy. We want to push it.

"I've got to be hard on the guys because there's a big carrot at the end of it and we expect to go well. I am a very strict taskmaster. As Warren (Gatland) always says, we owe it to the red shirt. We want to win. We can't compromise on fitness. Fitness should be a given. We can't have guys that are not fit, strong, powerful or fast."

Link to source - http://www.espnscrum.com/wales/rugby/story/141901.html?utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rugbyrightnow%2Fespnscrum+%28ESPN+Scrum+Rugby%29;utm_content=Twitter;utm_medium=twitter;utm_source=feedburner

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Henson News! Another Gavin thread! Empty Re: Henson News! Another Gavin thread!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

So what is the story hear?

Or is this a jumble of words that include Gavin and Henson occasionally whilst rehashing the same story from four days ago?

Surely this story should be merged with

https://www.606v2.com/t7058-gavin-henson-that-s-that-then

???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:20 pm

There is more to selection than just physical fitness players need match fitness and be fully committed to wearing their national colours.
I have always admired Henson as a player a on form Henson ranks among the best but doing a reality show when he has so little time to prove he is worthy of selection in my opinion does not show commitment required to play on the biggest stage in the world.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

Another non-story from the WM.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

Same thing was reported in the Welsh rugby paper today.
All the players have been given targets to meet, if they fail them on July 2nd they will be ejected from the World Cup training squad.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:25 pm

Hahahahahahaha - it is very funny how the same people react in the same way to the name Gavin Henson!

If there is some negative news about him that fits the pathetic non sports-media driven picture of him (he is making another reality TV show) they are full of spite and venom and cant wait to get stuck into him. If there is some positive news that doesnt fit with this media inspired portrait of the village drunk who is totally off the rails (he is in good shape physically and always keeps himself that way) it is dismissed as irrelevent.

It is funny that no-one currently inside Rugby dismisses Henson - there may be plenty that don't like him, but none of them will talk of him in such perjorative terms, they all respect his ability, and they all know that he has been out of Rugby through injury for most of the last 2 years, so even had he wanted to play he couldnt have.

Henson is in the 45 man training squad because EVERYONE concerned recognises that, if he can get up to speed, he would be a vital assett to the welsh WC squad. He offers skills that no other available Welsh Qualified player does. OK, its may not work out for Gatland and Henson, but now IS the time to take that risk. `

But do the WUMs and Henson haters admit that? Of course not - why let facts and logic get in the way of a good rant?

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:27 pm

Well said..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:40 pm

ML if you truly had ambitions to represent your country and you had hardly done anything in the last couple of years to prove that you deserved selection do you think you would be helping your own cause by doing a reality TV show when there is so little time left before the world cup?
It does not matter how well Henson performed in the past the question is does he have the physical and in his case the mental attitude to perform at the highest level these days up to now I have seen nothing that would suggest that he is any better than our average Welsh center .
This has nothing to do with being anti Henson it's all to do with being pro Wales

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:43 pm

Cymroglan wrote:ML if you truly had ambitions to represent your country and you had hardly done anything in the last couple of years to prove that you deserved selection do you think you would be helping your own cause by doing a reality TV show when there is so little time left before the world cup?
It does not matter how well Henson performed in the past the question is does he have the physical and in his case the mental attitude to perform at the highest level these days up to know I have seen nothing that would suggest that he is any better than our average Welsh center .
This has nothing to do with being anti Henson it's all to do with being pro Wales
Cymroglan,

Thankfully we have a group of selectors to weigh up whether we need Henson in our RWC squad or not. We have alternatives if he isn't up to the grade.

If he is up to the grade then he can only be of benefit to Wales's ambitions at the RWC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

There again we may have a group of selectors who see his inclusion as being a money spinner

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Clearly Howley the backs coach is a big fan of Henson, he sees something in him. If Henson can play decent rugby in the 2 England and Argentina games and meets the fitness targets why shouldnt he be allowed to go.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

Cymroglan wrote:There again we may have a group of selectors who see his inclusion as being a money spinner
I think everyone has the common sense to see success as the biggest "money spinner"

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

If he does prove he is up to it then great I would love to see him play but in my opinion we are putting too much faith in one man being able to get back the form he had a couple of years ago.
As I said before there is very little time left for experiments.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:54 pm

Remember, the lad's got to support his children while currently unemployed. Any decent father would take the tv contract to make sure he has some money coming in. Or should he go on the dole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

maestegmafia I wish I could share your faith in our selectors.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:56 pm

Cymroglan wrote:ML if you truly had ambitions to represent your country and you had hardly done anything in the last couple of years to prove that you deserved selection do you think you would be helping your own cause by doing a reality TV show when there is so little time left before the world cup?
It does not matter how well Henson performed in the past the question is does he have the physical and in his case the mental attitude to perform at the highest level these days up to now I have seen nothing that would suggest that he is any better than our average Welsh center .

And as usual you have mixed up the timing of events. TV programs are many many months in the planning and dont happen over night. I imagine Henson has been in negotiation for this from way out - 12 maybe even more months ago - at a time when he had little or no idea of whether his injuries would allow him to ever play again at the top level. So cut him some slack - he isnt thumbing his nose at rugby - he is doing what many other players do: looking after his own self interests.

As for you being "pro Wales" - surely it would be better to see if Henson CAN regain some of his fluency and game sharpness before we discard him from the 45 man squad, rather than dismiss him as a has been as you do now? After all, we have tried all the other options over the last two years in midfield, and all the combinations have failed miserably.

Why are you so quick to want to dismiss Henson before giving him a chance again? He was, after all, with Shanklin, the last successful 12/13 partnership we had - Oh, of course, you have bought in to the media inspired lie that he is a perpetual party boy and drunk. It has nothing to do with your desire to be "Pro Welsh" thats just laughable!

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

Cymroglan wrote:maestegmafia I wish I could share your faith in our selectors.
I can't see any reason not to.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

- Oh, of course, you have bought in to the media inspired lie that he is a perpetual party boy and drunk.

Where on earth have I said anything that would cause you to think that ? I'm talking rugby his drinking habits are of no concern of mine.
The point I'm making is that we have very little time to experiment when we already have players who are currently playing better than him.
Henson was a very good player but at the moment he is far from being international standard,
These injuries you mention what were they ? and what treatment did receive to get him fit again.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

Guys - can I clear up why I posted this thread and sorry if its nonnews as such.

As you can imagine, as an administrator, I am very busy keeping an eye on all the sections on here although rugby is my first thought.

I run the twitter account also and a couple of different sources started quoting this article. I therefore thought it must be of worthy note if people like ESPNscrum etc are posting/ publishing it.

I didnt have time to check the old Henson thread for duplication as I was passing by.

So in summary, its not earth shattering news, I am extremely busy making this a nice home for you all, and if you dont like the content, then move on.

Its not a precedent for posting dross - its just a case of overworked and rushed input from your friendly neighborhood Hobo!

Now off to find my appreciation thread and bump it back to the top of the forum (might make it a sticky!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:19 pm

Cymroglan wrote:
The point I'm making is that we have very little time to experiment when we already have players who are currently playing better than him.
Henson was a very good player but at the moment he is far from being international standard.

True we have little time to experiment, though unfortunately when it comes to the back line we have a great deal of need to experiment. The current back line does not pose a big enough attacking threat to give Wales a valuable weapon at the RWC this autumn.

I personally don't think that Henson will prove to be a miraculous answer to Wales attacking problems, our deficient midfield.

But I can see that if he can quickly, almost unrealistically, find his best form in three months, while dating thirty girls on TV, then he would be a huge asset to our chances.

I don't have a problem with him or his career choices. I do have issues with his portrayal in the media which is far too often unjustified.

I am a big fan of talented Welsh players performing for Wales. Let's hope he does so, along with the rest of our squad.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm

Henson and his Harem from the show....

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Hobo wrote: I therefore thought it must be of worthy note if people like ESPNscrum etc are posting/ publishing it.

Quite simply, if it is about Gavin Henson and he has not played a game of rugby that day, or about to play one in the very near future it is likely to be celebrity gossip, not a sports story...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

Cymroglan wrote:- Oh, of course, you have bought in to the media inspired lie that he is a perpetual party boy and drunk.

Where on earth have I said anything that would cause you to think that ? I'm talking rugby his drinking habits are of no concern of mine.
Henson was a very good player but at the moment he is far from being international standard,
These injuries you mention what were they ? and what treatment did receive to get him fit again.

1) Who is better than Henson? I see no evidence of that on the field of play. Our centre partnerships have at best been ineffectual and at worst pathetic since last time Henson was fit.

2) Far from being international standard? There you go again............its a good thing no-one in the game agrees with you! funny how top sides are all willing to give him a chance.

3)He had a groin problem (that required surgery), extensive achilles heel and ankle ligament problems (that required surgery) and then thigh problems, and then ankle ligaments again. Extensive rest periods were the last chance saloon - if that hadnt worked his career would have been over.

It may well be that he DOESN'T make the grade and is discarded. But I fully back Gatland's decision to try him out because frankly our 12/13 pairings have been shoite ever since 2008, no matter the quality of the individual players in the shirts - they havent gelled. Wales need a fit and firing Henson for this World Cup - the altenatives have been tried and have failed. So lets give the coaches the chance to get him firing before shouting for him to be dropped

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

Hobo wrote:Henson and his Harem from the show....

Jammy naughty naughty boy I hate him Sad
but why is he only allowed to pick one? angel
I'd have a sample of all of them then pick the asian girl 3rd in from the right Very Happy
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

lets be honest if henson doesnt make those targets then he obviously isint worth putting on the plane to the WC if he does meet the targets it shows he wants to be there while having other commitments on,

henson "CAN" be class when on "FORM" however like many of the welsh players currently he hasnt got any form due to having no gametime, we have no real depth in centre who can offer as much as potentially henson could, and i know this is all ifs and buts, but give him a chance if he proves he is capable then despite off the field issues he should be on the plane after as people mentioned above the higher order believe henson deserves to be there, and surely we should listen to their descisions-they arent paid for sitting on their backsides all day (i hope not anyway)

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

Well ML lets hope he does make the grade if not then we have wasted valuable preparation time by not experimenting with our existing centres.
He has done nothing recently to make be believe he is international standard at club rugby or when he was selected to play for Wales.
As you pointed out people are willing to give him a chance but at this moment in time he is without a club and I don't think he will make the grade to be our first choice centre.Being a huge Henson fan I hope I'm wrong but I very much doubt it though.
He may have had injury problems but I personally believe that his mental attitude contributed in exaggerating those injuries.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Well ML lets hope he does make the grade if not then we have wasted valuable preparation time by not experimenting with our existing centres.

Hardly, the other centre combinations had plenty of time during the six nations to prove their abilities. Jon Davies was the only player to vaguely stand up to the mark.

Cymroglan wrote:He has done nothing recently to make be believe he is international standard at club rugby or when he was selected to play for Wales.
he set up the first try for Wales against the Baa Baas, scored one and set up a beauty for Toulon.

Cymroglan wrote:He may have had injury problems but I personally believe that his mental attitude contributed in exaggerating those injuries.

The only reference to his mental attitude is his reputation in the media which is hyperbol and generally proved in accurate shortly after reporting. When interviewed he seems very level headed, realistic, accurate in his analysis of his own performance and grateful of the opportunities given to him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:34 pm

maestegmafia thanks for your input I value your opinion and I'm sure you do mine.
Yes we seen brief glimpses of the Henson of old but we cant ignore the fact he obviously was not match fit and no club has been willing to give him a long term contract.
Once again it's only my personal opinion regarding his injuries but he did not help matters by going off sledging when he could have been sorting out his injuries and getting his rugby career back on track.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

Cymroglan wrote:maestegmafia thanks for your input I value your opinion and I'm sure you do mine.
Yes we seen brief glimpses of the Henson of old but we cant ignore the fact he obviously was not match fit and no club has been willing to give him a long term contract.
Once again it's only my personal opinion regarding his injuries but he did not help matters by going off sledging when he could have been sorting out his injuries and getting his rugby career back on track.

Again you are, I am afraid, talking rubbish. But as I stated earlier in the thread, why let facts and logic get in the way of a good rant eh?

Toulon wanted Henson to sign a long term contract - but he wouldnt agree to retire from International Rugby.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

ML wrote:Toulon wanted Henson to sign a long term contract - but he wouldnt agree to retire from International Rugby.

Obviously they saw enough to want to keep him.

Though more importantly I don't agree that clubs should be allowed to make those kinds of ultimatums to players.

The international game is the pinnacle of rugby, it should be cherished and it's players protected.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

ML is he with a club ? if he is then obviously I'm talking rubbish if he is not then what I said is based on fact, if a club wants a player they will sign him if they don't then they let them go.
The only person having a rant is yourself all I have said is that he has done nothing yet that would convince me he is good enough to play for Wales at the present time.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

Cymroglan wrote:ML is he with a club ? if he is then obviously I'm talking rubbish if he is not then what I said is based on fact, if a club wants a player they will sign him if they don't then they let them go.
The only person having a rant is yourself all I have said is that he has done nothing yet that would convince me he is good enough to play for Wales at the present time.
Why would a club sign a player who will be unavailable until after the world cup now?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

Because if they think they are good enough they will sign them before anybody else gets them plus if they have a brilliant world cup their contract will cost more simple really.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

Cymroglan wrote:ML is he with a club ? if he is then obviously I'm talking rubbish if he is not then what I said is based on fact, if a club wants a player they will sign him if they don't then they let them go.

Errr - try reading what I wrote.

And Whilst Henson's future hasnt been officially announced, lets not forget that his negotiations with Toulon continued until AFTER the end of the season. He may well be in negotiation with countless clubs for all we know. Contracts are not agreed in a few days, they normally take months to organise.

But it is much easier for you to infer from the fact his future has yet to be announced that he is unwanted and everybody hates him.

Are you sure you dont work for the Western Mail? LOL

I think you have proved every part of my original post about Gav's detractors to be self-evidently true!

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:39 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Because if they think they are good enough they will sign them before anybody else gets them plus if they have a brilliant world cup their contract will cost more simple really.

I will be surprised to hear anyone being signed on a major contract during the summer prior to the RWC. So I can't see Henson being signed prior to the world cup either.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:42 pm

ML you or I are not privy to Henson's contract and yes he may well be having negotiation's with countless clubs but that is just pure speculation.
It's much easier for me to infer with what I know and that is he is very much off form and is not at the present time contracted to any club or region.
Contracts do not take months to sort out they are done and dusted in a mater of days and any decent contract negotiator will have clauses that are beneficial to the player.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

Cymroglan wrote:ML you or I are not privy to Henson's contract and yes he may well be having negotiation's with countless clubs but that is just pure speculation.
It's much easier for me to infer with what I know and that is he is very much off form and is not at the present time contracted to any club or region.
Contracts do not take months to sort out they are done and dusted in a mater of days and any decent contract negotiator will have clauses that are beneficial to the player.

You seem to have lost the point of your debate somewhere here?

What is it?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Because if they think they are good enough they will sign them before anybody else gets them plus if they have a brilliant world cup their contract will cost more simple really.

I will be surprised to hear anyone being signed on a major contract during the summer prior to the RWC. So I can't see Henson being signed prior to the world cup either.

Probably not but a club would not release a player either if they thought he was worth keeping,,, If either of you had followed me on the old 606 then you would have seen how many times I defended Henson and some of the decisions he made.
This is not about how good he could be again it's all about his form at the present time and as far as I'm concerned he is very average.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:47 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:ML you or I are not privy to Henson's contract and yes he may well be having negotiation's with countless clubs but that is just pure speculation.

You seem to have lost the point of your debate somewhere here?

What is it?

What part of it could you not understand?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

Cymroglan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Probably not but a club would not release a player either if they thought he was worth keeping,,, If either of you had followed me on the old 606 then you would have seen how many times I defended Henson and some of the decisions he made.
This is not about how good he could be again it's all about his form at the present time and as far as I'm concerned he is very average.

Time will tell. You only get match fit by playing and training.

Let's hope it all works out.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm

I would love for it all to work I truly want him to get back on form as I have stated many times before a on form Henson is beneficial to Wales.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

Cymro - I wouldn't bother debating with ML. He'll get upset that you have a different opinion to him and call you stupid and obtuse if you dare defend your point of view. Already been there and got the t-shirt.

On the matter of Henson, most observers have been saying - let the guy prove himself before he gets back. I don't think he's had enough time to get back up to speed. I agree with you Cymro - he didn't look match fit to me either in the Baa Baas game. Looked well off the pace. We've seen glimpses indeed, but a consistent top class match performance - that's a long way off right now.

I am glad the conditioning guys are keeping tabs on him and if he can prove he's fit enough I see no harm taking him for training this summer and seeing how he does in the summer internationals. Let him prove himself there. We shall see then if he merits a place in the RWC squad. Otherwise we should take Scott Williams, Ashley Beck or Ashley Smith as cover and play Hook at 12. Best option we've got under the circumstances.
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

TBS

The guy failed two years ago to prove himself...........and I helped to pay the guy his "wages".
By gifting him this chance.......again.......it really does send out the wrong message to Scott williams, Ash Beck and Ash Smith.
This is world cup time and the bloke is off messing around with a load of paid hussey's somehow hoping to find the woman of his dreams 🤦

Given his RUGBY RECORD over the last three years this lenient attitude is stupid and will have lasting affects.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

ospreylian wrote:TBS

The guy failed two years ago to prove himself...........and I helped to pay the guy his "wages".
By gifting him this chance.......again.......it really does send out the wrong message to Scott williams, Ash Beck and Ash Smith.

This is world cup time and the bloke is off messing around with a load of paid hussey's somehow hoping to find the woman of his dreams 🤦

Given his RUGBY RECORD over the last three years this lenient attitude is stupid and will have lasting affects.
He organised the best defence Wales have had in years three years ago. I would say he was worth his wages. I like grandslams.

He wasn't shabby in attack either...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

Yes THREE years ago, what has he done in thr last couple of seasons rugby wise? You say he showed glimpses in the baa baas game, maybe he did but he also showed alot of cr@p. He must have been bounced at least 4 or 5 times when trying to tackle someone. He also showed panic when he had the ball with plenty of spacce and ended up mincing getting closed down and just kicking the ball away in panic. The 'glimpses he shpwed were one cut out pass which was infact a yard forward!!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:38 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Yes THREE years ago, what has he done in thr last couple of seasons rugby wise?

He hasnt played in the last couple of seasons, so you are posing a pointless question.

You may as well state that Gareth Edwards or JPR Williams have been rubbish for thirty years...! If you want to have a serious debate, or receive interesting, relative responses to your posts don't be so ridiculous.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down