The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce!

3 posters

Go down

Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce! Empty Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce!

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 04 Jul 2011, 1:52 pm

And rightfully so for 'apparently' seriously assaulting his wife!

Questions will be asked if he would have been kept had he not lost 3 of his last 4 and had beaten Barnett and made the semi's of the Strikeforce HW Tournament?

I think Dana would have kicked him out anyway but if it was Lesnar for example I think he would have at least waited until he was found guilty by trial rather than when he was arrested.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce! Empty Re: Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce!

Post by gibbo104 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

Cheers for this post, hadn’t heard anything about this.
If Brett Rogers is indeed a women beater then he deserves everything he gets but I agree with you Valero that had this been a "Brock Lesner" an actual conviction would probably be required for a release of contract rather than just being charged.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce! Empty Re: Brett Rogers banished from UFC/Strikeforce!

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

I think with the UFC and Strikeforce joining forces (been taken over) they need to setup some sort of comittee or panel that makes these decisions, where a majority decision rules on what course of action to take.

As I understand it it seems to be Dana's decision on everything and as most people have pointed it if your one of his favourites or a cash cow you'll get different treatment than others.

I am in no way am I condoning what Brett Rogers is accused of doing, just feel that Dana has way too much power sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Agreed K-PX0110,

Dana has definitely been good for MMA overall but like you say he seems to have too much power.

His ego is massive and loves to throw his weight around which is good for some things but bad for others.

Even though he is only a minority owner of UFC, he thinks of it as his to rule.

I think a committee would be better as it stops quick decisions where not much thought may have been taken.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Agreed K-PX0110,

Dana has definitely been good for MMA overall but like you say he seems to have too much power.

His ego is massive and loves to throw his weight around which is good for some things but bad for others.

Even though he is only a minority owner of UFC, he thinks of it as his to rule.

I think a committee would be better as it stops quick decisions where not much thought may have been taken.

Yeah i think that would be good
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down