The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win?

+3
Rowley
oxring
Waingro
7 posters

Go down

Who would win now Haye or Solis?

Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Vote_lcap45%Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Vote_lcap55%Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 20

Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Empty Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win?

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:41 pm

As we know Haye fought Solis in the amateurs when he was very young and upcoming. On that occasion Solis had the experience and won the fight winning the gold medal in the world amateurs.

But now in pro game we know things can be different my question is who would win if they fought now? I think Haye would have too much quality now Solis has got out of shape while Haye has developed into a top athlete. I think he would have too much speed and power for Solis now who lets be honest is not in nearly as good shape as Haye. I do not think the amateurs would have an effect on this fight how do other people see it going my prediction would be Haye to win by KO in 6 rounds.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Empty Re: Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win?

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:43 pm

Skills pay the bills. This would actually be a good fight.

Solis' skills are on a different level to Haye. However - his workrate is pretty poor, because he's frequently a fatty. Haye is a toned athlete with the workrate of a snail. Solis has a good chin.

My prediction - Solis to win by an upset - out jab Haye and further outfight Haye on the inside.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win? Empty Re: Haye v Solis Rematch who would Win?

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

You seem a litte obsessed by the shape a person is in Waingro, this is a boxing match not mr universe. Am not contesting Haye has an impressive physique but which fights thus far have we seen to suggest he can fight a decent lick at heavy for a full 12 rounds?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

Haye, for me. Solis is the same size as him, and whilst undoubtedly skilful I feel that Haye's power would have him in trouble in the pro-game. Lest we forget Solis had a couple of standing 8 counts in their amateur fight.

Haye's speed and power is the clincher.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

Being in shape is important for a boxer i think if a heavyweight is not in shape it is not a good sign there job is to train and get into good condition there is not really much excuse for Solis to be out of shape is my point. I think this would have an effect plus Haye has improved immensely since the amateurs he was just a kid then and not fully developed look at the difference between then and now.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Haye, for me. Solis is the same size as him, and whilst undoubtedly skilful I feel that Haye's power would have him in trouble in the pro-game. Lest we forget Solis had a couple of standing 8 counts in their amateur fight.

Haye's speed and power is the clincher.

I agree mate I think Hayes speed and power would be to much for Solis who was a quality amateur no doubting that but has he proven he was a quality pro like Haye has? Lets not forget Haye became an all time great cruiserweight and was heavyweight world champion has Solis acheived anything like this? I dont think he has Haye has improved to much for him imo

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Waingro wrote: Lets not forget Haye became an all time great cruiserweight

Now there is a brightest kid in a special needs class statement if ever there was.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

kind of think If Haye didn't get good retirement money for Vlad he'd have given him a fight..instead of making sure he had his faculties and was able to spend his jackpot....Think he had the gifts to beat Vlad!!

So obviously pick Haye to beat anybody that doesn't fight in germany...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

rowley wrote:
Waingro wrote: Lets not forget Haye became an all time great cruiserweight

Now there is a brightest kid in a special needs class statement if ever there was.

What you mean? Haye is one of the greatest cruiserweights of all time mate

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:kind of think If Haye didn't get good retirement money for Vlad he'd have given him a fight..instead of making sure he had his faculties and was able to spend his jackpot....Think he had the gifts to beat Vlad!!

So obviously pick Haye to beat anybody that doesn't fight in germany...

Good point there. Lets remember Haye also wanted to fight Vitali maybe with his future secure he wanted to have another shot I reckon he would have different tactics

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm

Am saying the division is traditionally one of the weakest in all of sport and has been pretty much since its inception, as such whilst it may well be true Haye is one of the finest it has seen that is not such a great claim, as indeed would be being the brightest child in a class full of educationally backwards children.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

Think you are being harsh on Haye he was one of the best cruiserweights of all time what more can he do there he was undisputed champ and won all the titles and proved his quality

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

Says everything you need to know about the division that you can win the title and rack up one defence and genuinely be considered one of the best the division has seen.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

I'm with you rowley.

If John - the plodder - Ruiz could outjab Haye for significant proportions of that match - what would Solis do.

Solis is accurate and heavy handed - how would Haye's chin cope?

Solis' chin is pretty decent - it only fails when his knee fails. So ignoring the bizarre - Haye's potshotting doesn't affect him.

Haye has never called out Solis. He's labelled him a fat bum - but he's never called him out. There's a reason for this.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Don't think Ruiz was ever in danger of winning that fight...Also just because Hagler DREW with Vito it doesn't hurt his legacy much so Haye-Ruiz is really not a great exhibit for the prosecution!!!

Haye is one of the greatest cruisers of alltime...

Cruiser is a sack of garbage which I'd love to throw out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

oxring wrote:I'm with you rowley.

If John - the plodder - Ruiz could outjab Haye for significant proportions of that match - what would Solis do.

Solis is accurate and heavy handed - how would Haye's chin cope?

Solis' chin is pretty decent - it only fails when his knee fails. So ignoring the bizarre - Haye's potshotting doesn't affect him.

Haye has never called out Solis. He's labelled him a fat bum - but he's never called him out. There's a reason for this.

think youre overplaying your hand with that one oxy. certain that he allowed ruiz to do things that he wouldnt usually let slide because ruiz couldnt win and he was waiting fnr perfect countering opportuoities. christ you could say that enzo had the better of him in the jab department doesnt mean much.

to say that hayes potshotting doernt bother him is also odd. whbt have you got to suggest this is true solis hasnt encountered anyone like haye.

haye called him a fat bum - got to be honest so what? its only what every other boxing fan is thinking. he also said that hes a good boxer and has a chance if he comes in at the right weight. something he didnt do. therefore i think hes in his rights to say what he sees.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

There seem to be a lot of articles relating to Haye recently and who he'd beat given the chance. He's had his chance, blown it in spectacularly pitiful fashion and has now retired. Lets move it along people nothing to see here.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

trottb wrote:There seem to be a lot of articles relating to Haye recently and who he'd beat given the chance. He's had his chance, blown it in spectacularly pitiful fashion and has now retired. Lets move it along people nothing to see here.

frazier had his chance but didnt cut it to be the best in his era, are we still allowed to talk about him boss?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
trottb wrote:There seem to be a lot of articles relating to Haye recently and who he'd beat given the chance. He's had his chance, blown it in spectacularly pitiful fashion and has now retired. Lets move it along people nothing to see here.

frazier had his chance but didnt cut it to be the best in his era, are we still allowed to talk about him boss?

Frazier had a substantially more difficult era and also actually made a fight of things when in the ring. So in answer to your question, yes.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:33 pm

trottb wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Frazier had a substantially more difficult era and also actually made a fight of things when in the ring. So in answer to your question, yes.

so because frazier was better we can talk about him thanks for clarifying. i would hate to see your opinions on sven ottke.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:35 pm

Funny that so many pick Solis now.

Before the Wlad fight you can guarantee the majority would have been Haye. Isn't it funny how fickle us boxing fans are, with our opinions changing fight by fight not just slightly but massively in many cases.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

He's got a point Alex. We tend to pretend that Ottke didn't exist.

Be fair Fists - I'd have picked Solis to be capable of an upset before the Wlad fight. Having seen Haye against a big guy who can box - I'm inclined to be more definite.

Re: Haye-Ruiz
Haye was caught and outboxed for periods in their fight. Yes - he stopped his man - but be fair - Ruiz was past his prime.

For this discussion - I assume we are talking about a peak Solis weighing in around 250lbs. Preferably under.

Most fans would pick Haye - I would pick Solis in an upset. He has the tools in his locker to cause Haye nightmares.

Lets be fair - the guy has hand-picked his HW reign - it smacks of someone who didn't have confidence in their ability at the weight. Bonin-Barrett-Valuev-Ruiz-Harrison-Loss.

None of those a boxer-puncher, none of those mobile, none of those with good workrate - most, in fact, with a lower output than David.

And Solis can box. He was troubling Vitali in the first until his knee exploded - to the point that the eastside writers were thinking that Solis could make the fight interesting.

What does Haye offer at HW to win? Low output, power pot shots.

Why is that the key to beating Solis?

Last edited by oxring on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Funny that so many pick Solis now.

Before the Wlad fight you can guarantee the majority would have been Haye. Isn't it funny how fickle us boxing fans are, with our opinions changing fight by fight not just slightly but massively in many cases.

its definately a case of: he let us down so he wouldnt beat anybody half decent!

pre wlad you can bet your bottom dollar that nearly everyone would be saying haye has way too much for this bum

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:46 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
trottb wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

so because frazier was better we can talk about him thanks for clarifying. i would hate to see your opinions on sven ottke.

Just prefer fighters that turn up to fight that's all, not too much to ask is it?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

oxring wrote:He's got a point Alex. We tend to pretend that Ottke didn't exist.

Be fair Fists - I'd have picked Solis to be capable of an upset before the Wlad fight. Having seen Haye against a big guy who can box - I'm inclined to be more definite.

Re: Haye-Ruiz
Haye was caught and outboxed for periods in their fight. Yes - he stopped his man - but be fair - Ruiz was past his prime.

For this discussion - I assume we are talking about a peak Solis weighing in around 250lbs. Preferably under.

Most fans would pick Haye - I would pick Solis in an upset. He has the tools in his locker to cause Haye nightmares.

Lets be fair - the guy has hand-picked his HW reign - it smacks of someone who didn't have confidence in their ability at the weight. Bonin-Barrett-Valuev-Ruiz-Harrison-Loss.

None of those a boxer-puncher, none of those mobile, none of those with good workrate - most, in fact, with a lower output than David.

And Solis can box. He was troubling Vitali in the first until his knee exploded - to the point that the eastside writers were thinking that Solis could make the fight interesting.

What does Haye offer at HW to win? Low output, power pot shots.

Why is that the key to beating Solis?

outside of the obvious 2 solis would be one of the few that i would pick to give haye a hard time.

however for the life of me i struggle to see him lasting the full twelve with haye. to say he was outboxing vitali is of a similar standard of saying enzo was beating haye until he got sparked i dont think you can give it a fair assessment due to solis trying to start early and vit takes a while to really get going. how long did that fight go again? are you saying thats enough time to give a real assesrment?

to be honest i could see the fact that solis is a comeforward fighter working to hayes advantage stylistically thats when hes at his best. haye has the speed on him and probably the power too haye is a very good counter puncher and it wouldnt be the typical potshot like he was against wlad it would be delivered far better and solis isnt the quickest about. we can talk about if he got himself down to a certain weight lets face facts in his biggest ever fight he came in like a sumo wrestler to me it rhows how dedicated he is.

too much is made of solis skill he hasnt really sparkled much in the pro ranks and has failed to rhow all these great skills are put together. haye has what it takes for me and would at least 9 times out of 10 for me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:04 pm

Is so difficult to say with Haye at heavy because whilst he has on occasion looked impressive and put some shots together there has been little to no evidence he could do that against any heavyweight of actual talent. Got away with his stay outside and leap in with potshot tactics against Valuev and Ruiz because one is slower than molassees and the other was way past his best.

Did he ever show he could make these tactics work against a better class of opponent? Certainly didn't against Wlad and certainly did nothing to suggest there is a plan b in the locker should this tactic not work. For me that is the real pity as to why he does not carry on and fight the likes of Solis because ability wise for me he is between the two camps, is no Ruiz or Harrison but is obviously a step below Wlad. My own feeling is Solis is a bit too good to simply try and circle and leap in with occasional shots, whether Haye can change it up is a question I can't answer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

rowley wrote:My own feeling is Solis is a bit too good to simply try and circle and leap in with occasional shots, whether Haye can change it up is a question I can't answer.

Sums up what I'm saying - but much less controversially ;-)

The first round showed nothing against Vitali - agreed - fight was over way too soon. I also agree that he hasn't been dedicated in his career thus far.

Howsoever - I still fail to see what Haye has shown at HW that makes him a 9/10 time winner. He hasn't fought anyone like Solis. He hasn't shown adaptability.

We may find that Solis hasn't got too strong a chin and Haye might overcome him with punching power. Evidence isn't there though.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:24 pm

Oxy simply fail to see how anyone, with any confidence can say how good Haye is at heavy, hear people say he is clearly the third best in the world and such like. How do we know? His best win is Valuev and he performed little better in that than the ghost of Evander Holyfield.

Not saying he is rubbish but some evidence to disprove the theory would have been nice.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:35 pm

david haye - the biggest mystery in modern heavyweight boxing.

makes him almost sound interesting.

i suppose with that way of looking at it its horses for courses.
for me solis has a good style for haye and i get a feeling he would walk onto a few and get stopped at some point.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

rowley wrote:Oxy simply fail to see how anyone, with any confidence can say how good Haye is at heavy, hear people say he is clearly the third best in the world and such like. How do we know? His best win is Valuev and he performed little better in that than the ghost of Evander Holyfield.

Not saying he is rubbish but some evidence to disprove the theory would have been nice.

The ghost of Evander would have stopped Valuev. Valuev fought the Evander's ghost's shadow.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

I agree entirely, btw, jeff.

Bonin-Barrett-Valuev-Ruiz-Harrison-Wlad

1 - an opponent there to be punched in the face, whose career highlight was a TKO loss to A-farce. Low workrate.
2 - Barrett - who has lost to every top fighter and some mid fighters he's faced. Not big, doesn't let punches go. Low workrate.
3 - Valuev - who had already lost to Evander. Low accuracy, pretty low workrate.
4 - Ruiz - 4 years past his best and coming off the back of defeat. Low workrate
5 - Harrison - No workrate
6 - Wlad - loss.

We can't judge anything from 1-5 - and these are guys 50lbs bigger than him.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down