The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute - better than I thought.

+7
samevans1
AlexHuckerby
Super D Boon
Steffan
Herman Frotchlinger
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
11 posters

Go down

Bute - better than I thought. Empty Bute - better than I thought.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 am

Ok he was facing the old very slow Johnson who posed no real threat all night. I thought Bute boxed a masterclass. His movement was great and although his style is unorthodox he dealt with Johnson with ease. Talk of him facing Froch I would like to see this fight but I don't think he has the power to hurt the cobra still I think Froch would have trouble working him out. Very impressed.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Bute - better than I thought. Empty Re: Bute - better than I thought.

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:27 am

Agreed. Needs to be a little more aggressive though.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:33 am

Decent boxer, but let's see him in with Dirrell so we can evaluate just how good. A win there would earn him a crack at the six winner imo, he hasn't done enough yet imo for an automatic crack, in fact I'd be backing Dirrell in that. His style is not pleasing to the eye imo, he lacks power, and the chin going to let him down when it's time for the top dogs imo, though Dirrell will beat him on points. Always going to be third or fourth best in the world in his division, which makes him a good boxer, but not the cream imo

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 am

Herman Frotchlinger wrote:Decent boxer, but let's see him in with Dirrell so we can evaluate just how good. A win there would earn him a crack at the six winner imo, he hasn't done enough yet imo for an automatic crack, in fact I'd be backing Dirrell in that. His style is not pleasing to the eye imo, he lacks power, and the chin going to let him down when it's time for the top dogs imo, though Dirrell will beat him on points. Always going to be third or fourth best in the world in his division, which makes him a good boxer, but not the cream imo

Waingro?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 am

If you think I'm waingro(who is an ok poster,) then I can't offer you my help shah, but I can offer you my sympathy. Because you are way out there.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 am

Best supermiddleweight in the world I reckon

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am

Am still not impressed with Bute. To beat Johnson after boxer a, b and c beats him first is not that much to be proud of given that Johnson was already coming off a loss to Froch. I find that Bute likes em nice and slow because he hangs his chin out a bit when he loads his shots a better and quicker boxer like Froch or Ward will punish him for it. I see both S6 finalists as better than Bute.

Checking my crystal ball - Ward edges past Froch but Froch gets a shot at Bute because Ward won't travel, Froch knocks out Bute and calls for a rematch with Ward.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:52 am

The is no way Froch would KO Bute

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:54 am

I think Froch will beat Ward by decision. Against Bute he has problems as he did with another tricky fighter in Dirrel.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:56 am

If Andrade can wear down Bute I see no reason why Froch can't. Bute's only serious test as yet has been a 42 year old veteran uncomfortable at the weight, coming off a clear loss to Froch in his last fight. I really think he's in for a rude awakening when he meets the winner of S6. That's if his protective promoters allow it to happen, something I have serious doubts about.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:58 am

Herman Frotchlinger wrote:Decent boxer, but let's see him in with Dirrell so we can evaluate just how good. A win there would earn him a crack at the six winner imo, he hasn't done enough yet imo for an automatic crack, in fact I'd be backing Dirrell in that. His style is not pleasing to the eye imo, he lacks power, and the chin going to let him down when it's time for the top dogs imo, though Dirrell will beat him on points. Always going to be third or fourth best in the world in his division, which makes him a good boxer, but not the cream imo

Dirrell hasn't fought in 1 and a half years so why he's the man to beat I have no idea...

I think Bute was very good, but jeez it was a boring fight... Felt very let down, just watched repeat of Angulo - Kirkland, now that was a fight!!! He's so awkward and dealt with Johnson very easily, much easier than Froch, he seems like he could have the beating of Froch with how awkward he is to be honest, unsure if Froch would be able to solve him with his slightly crude style.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 am

Dont get me wrong im not saying Bute is made of steel or anything but I just dont think Froch has that good knockout power. Bute has proved he can box well. In regards to the whole Bute, Ward, Froch saga lets also not forget Kessler who wants the winner of the Super 6

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 am

Ward and Froch both better than him for me.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 am

Where else can Bute go except the winner of the S6? People are already questioning his record he needs to move up NOW. The gravy train has been lucrative but Johnson was the last stop......surely.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 am

Trouble is if Ward beats Froch where will they fight? They're both stay at home fighters. I see it if Ward wins he'll move up and target Dawson whilst Bute will continue knocking down cans and big names way past their sell by date.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 am

Kessler possibly, but Kessler doesn't want the fight in Canada so dunno.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:05 am

Is Kessler fighting Stieglitz?

Damn it I can't see the fight scheduled anymore on boxrec. No doubt those coward Germans have ducked him again. Stieglitz is absolute garbage and a stain on a now very good division.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 am

The man will loose credibility if he does not face a Kessler at least. I think he can beat Kessler with his style. Froch fought Kesslers fight and lost but Bute would be too elusive for the straight line come forward Kessler.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:10 am

Kessler's too good a fighter to be screwed over in Canada in front of Bute's family as ref and judges. I though Kessler was fighting Stieglitz but it's not on anymore.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:11 am

Super D Boon wrote:Is Kessler fighting Stieglitz?

Damn it I can't see the fight scheduled anymore on boxrec. No doubt those coward Germans have ducked him again. Stieglitz is absolute garbage and a stain on a now very good division.

Kessler pulled out due to injury, but the fight is being rescheduled for sometime in 2012.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:13 am

Oh good glad to hear it.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 am

A fight between Ward and Bute would be good though

Someones 0 has gotta go baby

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:19 am

I think there's a chance that Bute has stayed in Canada and gone to his native country in Bucharest for the money really and not really just ducking tough opponents, think he's very good but would like to see him a little more seemingly unprotected. Think he sat off of Johnson and it was a bit overlyfriendly in there to be honest with you, a few strong flurries from Bute and I think the ref would have stepped in to be honest.

But we've seen plenty of times he is a good finisher and he knows what he's doing, definately world level, but for me at this moment in time due to opponents doesn't deserve the number 1 rank at SMW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:20 am

I've always rated Bute quite highly in terms of ability and felt some of the criticism he gets is harsh. Very good skill set and an accurate puncher capable of vicious body shots. He was more impressive in beating Johnson than either Froch or Cloud.

I don't see how anyone could suggest that he lacks power. 80% KO ratio, has repeatedly floored and hurt opponents with single shots, KO'd the iron chinned Andrande etc.

His opposition may not be stellar but thats mainly because the best fighters at the weight are tied down to a tournament that he isnt competing in.
The only criticism I have is that his record certainly doesnt merit the lofty positions he is often placed in various P4P lists.

Hopefully we'll see him against the winner of Ward-Froch or even Kessler-Stieglitz.
He beats Kessler for my money and would have him as the slight favourite over Froch. I feel Ward will be the most difficult opponent as he has the most variety and can adjust the best.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:24 am

Hmm, not sure he beats Kessler easily, think Kessler would definately provide a stern test for him as he will keep coming and is tough, though there is a case for him being on the slide, slightly easier to hit...

Would have to make him favourite over Froch for me in terms of styles not opponents beaten and also manner of victory, hasn't really struggled with anyone aside from Adrade really, have been impressed with him and shows a willingness to not press for the knockout when necessary, though I thought last night he should have pushed Johnson harder than he did.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 am

My top 5 rankings at SMW would be:

1. Bute
2. Ward
3. Kessler
4. Froch
5. Johnson

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 am

We know you hate Froch Steffan, we get it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:We know you hate Froch Steffan, we get it...

I mearly stated my top 5 SMWs. No hate in it at all Doh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 am

Ok... If you sayso... Rolling Eyes

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:33 am

Okay, fellas, let's nip this in the bud.

Steffan has agreed to stop pushing buttons and, as we all know, a truce requires cooperation from both sides. Therefore, I believe we should assume that Steffan's rankings of the SMWs reflect his opinion and that we should, therefore, debate those rankings in boxing terms only.

Then we can all enjoy some peace.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 am

Yes that was my genuine rankings for now. It could all change in a fight or two anyway. The top 4 all have a chance to be number 1 at some point providing they keep winning

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 am

Steffan wrote:Yes that was my genuine rankings for now. It could all change in a fight or two anyway. The top 4 all have a chance to be number 1 at some point providing they keep winning
In fairness while I might not agree with your rankings I can see your justification for them. Bute and Ward are unbeaten and Kessler beat Froch. I'd say Steffan has a point. For once. Wink

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:47 am

Kessler has for non-boxing reasons lost a bit of spark - the legal issues keeping him out of action for a while. He has regained some of his former glory but still not as sharp as he was against Joe. I still have Froch ahead of him but thats a fair listing although Johnson at 5 is a bit disheartening for SMW as a whole.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:47 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Hmm, not sure he beats Kessler easily, think Kessler would definately provide a stern test for him as he will keep coming and is tough, though there is a case for him being on the slide, slightly easier to hit...

Would have to make him favourite over Froch for me in terms of styles not opponents beaten and also manner of victory, hasn't really struggled with anyone aside from Adrade really, have been impressed with him and shows a willingness to not press for the knockout when necessary, though I thought last night he should have pushed Johnson harder than he did.

I don't think he beats Kessler easily but I think he beats him cleanly. Kessler is a very good fighter with sound fundamentals but is below top level and as was shown against Calzaghe and Ward, his straight-foward style and lack of an inside game can be dismantled by superior boxers. Bute is a superior boxer in my opinion.

I agree that Froch's more high pressure style could give Bute serious problems, but I think Bute's body shots will take their toll on Froch and slow him down.....similar to how Kessler was able to overcome him. Bear in mind that Bute is possibly the best body puncher in boxing at the moment.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 am

Still has yet to fight one of the division's elite (Froch, Kessler, Ward etc). TBH Bute did little more than control the fight against Johnson, albeit controlling it masterfully. The veteran never looked like he'd be stopped. Bute has shown himself to be more than capable of dealing with challengers and fringe contenders but fellow champs? Yet to be seen but until he beats at least one I don't see how he can be considered top of the division.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:27 am

Same for me, Knowsit17... to rate him top of the division is too much in my opinion... Not beaten a Kessler or even an Arthur Abraham type of opponent (someone with world class credentials) so has to miss out, but in terms of ability he is right there with an unknown quantity.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

I have it:

1. Ward
2. Froch
3. Bute
4. Kessler
5. Whoever

Ward is top because of undefeated record and better standard than Bute who's fought mainly crud. Froch ahead of Kessler laregly due to how he responded after his Kessler defeat.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:03 am

Definately how I see it Super D

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 am

I based the number 1 spot on the fact that Bute has impressed me more

The number 3 spot was based on the fact Kessler has beaten Froch

Johnson just made it as everyone else like Green and Dirrell have done nothing recently

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 am

Steffan wrote:I based the number 1 spot on the fact that Bute has impressed me more
The number 3 spot was based on the fact Kessler has beaten Froch

Johnson just made it as everyone else like Green and Dirrell have done nothing recently

So not the fact that he hasn't been in a seriously testing fight then...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:12 am

Easier to look impressive against the likes of Jean Paul Mendy and a Johnson that's coming off a loss than it is to look impressive against Kessler, Dirrell, Abrham and a Johnson coming off a win. Man I can't believe I'm sticking up for Froch here........I must be going senile!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 am

Super D Boon wrote:Man I can't believe I'm sticking up for Froch here........I must be going senile!

Youve turned to the dark side? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 am

Look when looking at these things you have to not be biased, as hard as it is, if you can put differences or whatever you have against Froch behind you when rating him in the ring then thats fair. But you can still hate the dude.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down