The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

+99
eirebilly
ReallyReal
Liam
Biltong
XR
President Trump
westisbest
1GrumpyGolfer
B91212
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
JPX
littleswannygirl
bretmeharty
screamingaddabs
Union Cane
Michaels, Sean
huw
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
Irish Curry
Sir. badgerhands
Celtic Warrior
Cymroglan
Kenny
Gregers
greybeard
Thomond
easthfc
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Ar aghaidh le cheile
liverbnz
nottins_jones
sodhat
Gaelic-Warrior
Nay
Unknown Brother
Breadvan
dummy_half
Crimey
Cari
longrangeeffort
CFCNick
Luckless Pedestrian
Derbyblue
KilliePieUpNorth2
Chuck Norris
sherm
Doon the Water
racingnut
Il Gialloblu
Mr Bounce
Davie
Pr4wn
MR. scotland27
Sway
Liam_Main
hibbywul
camerajuan
Marsh
GG
Mat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ALPanorak
BigPhil
AquaArab
Cheesehead United
Kay Fabe
Blade
Dexter Morgan
scfc1992
Clunge4life
Holymiky
Enforcer
TipToes88
Titch
Fernando
Legend
Haddie-nuff
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
themill72
davidl1061
Solerina
Lex-Express
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
Pal Joey
Perfect Jack
Jammy31
AberdeenSteve
asdral225
Adam D
Kaiser
Dave.
David Tails
Big Daddy Bee
103 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 20 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by eirebilly Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:04 am

Laugh

Goulbourn, thats where 'The dog on the tucker box' is, isnt it?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

No that's Gundagai.

The anecdote above didn't happen to me. It happened to a mate of mine travelling with his family recently - not far from Gundagai as it happens.

His wife and the kids had a craving for Macca's but all he wanted was "a proper good old-fashioned home-made hamburger" and he made the fatal mistake of walking into this musty old Convenience Store. He reckons the griller hadn't been switched on for a while and the smell of the melting grease made his eyes nearly pop out. The burger was awful... and he felt sick afterwards too!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:28 am

Ok, cheers mate. I get mixed up. I have a photo of myself next to it on the way to Batlow Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:28 am

Your poor mate though, thats never good when travelling.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

ITV's coverage of sport , their programmes are only on for 5 minutes before they have a add breaker then any chance they get its another add break !!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:51 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:ITV's coverage of sport , their programmes are only on for 5 minutes before they have a add breaker then any chance they get its another add break !!

Yep, any of their popular shows are the same. Advert overload. They know the programme will have a lot of viewers so they go mad with the ads.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:06 pm

Channel 4 programmes where after every ad break they give you a recap of what happened before the ad break, I do know what happened, I was watching it and I don't have the memory of a goldfish.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

Hero wrote:Channel 4 programmes where after every ad break they give you a recap of what happened before the ad break, I do know what happened, I was watching it and I don't have the memory of a goldfish.

Now that you turned 40 yesterday, your memory will start to fail!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 15 Apr 2012, 7:01 pm

People who decide to do a running commentary on their twitter/facebook page.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 Apr 2012, 7:21 pm

Mat wrote:People who decide to do a running commentary on their twitter/facebook page.

#Ihatethattoo

@mat I think they should be shot

#bandwagon #notinterested

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 15 Apr 2012, 7:52 pm

Adam D wrote:
Mat wrote:People who decide to do a running commentary on their twitter/facebook page.

#Ihatethattoo

@mat I think they should be shot

#bandwagon #notinterested

#thanksforagreeingwithme

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:33 am

what grinds me is when drivers don't indicate when there turning or going round a roundabout, Now that really does wind me up.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

Me too, Blade. There's a reason they call it indicating: it's because you're indicating to everyone else on the road what you're going to do. There's no excuse not to do it. It's not difficult, and every driver in the world will have been taught to do it. It's just that some have decided they don't need to. steam

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

I have a 2011 Audi A8, i dont need to indicate, you should all respect the fact that i have a big car and have more rights on the road than you...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:57 am

tomato

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

Learn your place commoner Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:02 pm

Oh dear, I seem to have slashed your tyres accidentally... raspberry

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:13 pm

What grinds my gear are these types with their big cars who weren't explained that the indicator lever is on the steering wheel column, you would think they could tear their eyes away from the onboard computer for long enough to investigate the functions of their cars.The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 20 Innoce10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:22 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Oh dear, I seem to have slashed your tyres accidentally... raspberry

Its ok, company car so it costs me nothing and gives me a few free hours Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:28 pm

Blade wrote:what grinds me is when drivers don't indicate when there turning or going round a roundabout, Now that really does wind me up.

Can I change that slightly to drivers who don't indicate full stop? I don't drive, but even as a pedestrian it's annoying when you don't know if someone's going to turn into a junction or not because they're not indicating. Especially when you're waiting to cross the road.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:38 am

It's really annoying as a pedestrian. You can't step out to cross the road just in case they're going to turn, even though they haven't indicated. The non-indicating minority have made pedestrians doubt all road users. I hope you're proud of yourself, Billy! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

God, can you not all accept that men with big cars have a hard enough life with their small willies that they dont need to indicate?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

So they don't indicate because the 'dic' part of the word is too disturbing?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

+1 to Cari and Lucky.

I have to cross a really busy crossroads twice a day, and it really does just feel like a gamble some days.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:57 am

Well lucky, its like this. We of the big car group spend our time driving and pretending to have a larger manhood, we check to see if there are any ladies watching constantly and rarely focus on the road. We are on another planet Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 17 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

eirebilly wrote:Well lucky, its like this. We of the big car group spend our time driving and pretending to have a larger manhood, we check to see if there are any ladies watching constantly and try to run them over.

Fixed that for you. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 17 Apr 2012, 11:05 am

Laugh

Thank god there is someone with a bit of humor here Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:06 pm

Had another person dressed in dark clothing pop out from behind a parked car near a large tree on this very dark and wet night... on a relatively quiet back street - and gingerly run in front of my car. It's happening more frequently. Luckily, I have fantastic reflexes and slowed down.

Firstly, can't they see the car lights coming towards their hiding spot?
Secondly, wouldn't it be better to wait a few seconds until the only car on the street has passed? Their timing is awful!
Finally, do they have a death wish?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Person in dark clothing, or possum in dark clothing?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Looked fairly human-like to me. Possums are much smaller and walk on all fours. Wink

Sounds rude... but I think it's a cross-cultural thing. Lack of road sense, etc.
I'm always alert on the road but it's as if people are either completely clueless or there's some new 'dare game' I'm not aware of.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

It's called lack of depth perception LB. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 17 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

Exactly my (BIG) friend. Very Happy
I noticed in Saigon that tolerances are measured in inches.

Whereas where you and I are from (high-speed economies with plenty of wide open spaces) our tolerances are much wider.

It's like the hand shaking thing over here. The further out west you go... they stick their hand out from about 5m away! Laugh
It's about 1-1.5m in the city. thumbsup

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

I have three tool boxes.
Small one in the house, big one in the garage and one at my daughters house.
Why is it that the tool I want is never in the tool box most handy.
Took my garage box to my voluntary job today for a couple of DIY jobbies and the small hacksaw that I desperately needed was 5 miles either way!!!!!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

It annoys the hell out of me when people say 'myself' instead of 'me'. I presume they do it to make themselves sound important or posh or something, but in fact it makes them sound stupid.

It really annoys myself!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:45 am

People who talk or shout really loud down the phone when they are on the bus really annoys the tats off me, I was on the bus to work the other morning and a Romanii Gypsy woman got on and just started to shout at the top of her lungs down the phone throughout my whole journey which is around an hour, I just wanted to lift her up over my head and throw her through the nearest window...or at least break her phone Whistle

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

Myself too!

Typical Aussie conversation:

"How ya goin'?"
"Not bad..."
"Waddya up to?"
"Nothin' much..."
"Pretty wet isn't it?"
"Yer not wrong..."
"How's the wife?"
"Don't ask..."
"Kids OK?"
"You don't wanna know"
"Who's gonna win Sat-dy?"
"Dunno... hard to say..."
"Is there anything positive you wanna add?"
"...'bout what?"
"Never mind... "
"No worries...!"
"See ya!"
"Yeah... you too. Good to catch up with ya! It's always good to talk to you, mate!"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

I loved listening to Peter Siddle being interviewed the last time you were over for the Ashes. He'd start every answer with either, 'Look' or 'Yeah, no'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:41 pm

Re vehicles indicating, it really narks me when London buses indicated when they're NOT pulling out. They indicate to pull over at a bus stop in a bus lane and then when they go to move away they indicate to pull out but just drive staight forwards! Everyone slows down to let it out and it never changes lanes!!

Might seem petty, but driving around London I can assure you it's very annoying!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

People may think this is petty but I'm getting fed up with my housemate continually asking for help with the coursework we're both doing, they've hardly spoken to me for the past week and now they want me to spend my time helping them instead of doing my own piece of coursework.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

Ah, one of those 'friends'. I had a few of them when I was a student.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:35 pm

Me too, couldn't stand the lazy spongers. All very well all chipping in and helping each other but some people do nothing but leech and offer nothing back in return.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

It usually happened to me when we were studying poetry. They'd barely speak to me most of the time, but lo and behold, when there was an assignment deadline or an exam coming up, they'd be very friendly indeed!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 19 Apr 2012, 3:48 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one. You're right TopHat if we we're helping each other with ideas then I wouldn't be annoyed about it but it's that they expect me to spend my time helping them and giving them ideas of what to write instead of finishing my own piece of work, and yet it will be me who's up until probably at least 2am and getting up early tomorrow to do it when they'll probably be doing weed from about 10pm and won't surface until midday.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 21 Apr 2012, 1:28 am

When an annoying journalist is interviewing an interesting person who has a lot to say on a subject (they know a lot about) and they have that delay problem which goes something like this:

"the interesting thing about X, which not many people know, was that they...." (then cut off) steam

"You mean...?"

"Sorry?.... I was just...."

"No... go ahead.... I was going to ask you..."

"Well, I was about to say...."

"OK, go ahead..."

"Sorry, I missed your question..."

"I apologise. We'll have to leave it there for now. Thanks for your time."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:10 am

Derbyblue wrote:People may think this is petty but I'm getting fed up with my housemate continually asking for help with the coursework we're both doing, they've hardly spoken to me for the past week and now they want me to spend my time helping them instead of doing my own piece of coursework.

I've met people like that through work. They won't give you so much as a "Good Morning" when you say hello to them, and yet when they want something that they need me to do, they're very quick to speak to me ever so pleasantly. Well I can't stand bad manners, I'll do what they need (for business sake) but they needn't think they can pull any special favours. I'd put your foot down with your housemate.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

I only have people being nice to me at work when they want a payrise Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm

Something else I've noticed that pishes me off. Manufacturers changing the packaging on products unnecessarily. I'll describe my case in point. I colour my hair, and have used the same shade and make for the last couple of years. Suddenly, I can't find the shade I want to use anymore because they've completely changed the packaging and I couldn't find anything that even looked like the one I'd used before. They haven't changed the product or its name, just the packaging. Why? If it aint broke...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:30 pm

On similar vain why are products getting smaller yet the prices going up ? for example crisps the bafs are the same size yet there are less crisps in them , the same with chocolate bars they are shrinking
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 22 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

Maybe a bit controversial here but when I read in the media of toddlers or kids tragically passing away from leukemia or teenagers seriously ill on cancer wards. Then......then going into town and there's scum bags acting like censored and old biddies sitting outside cafe's smoking endless cigarettes coughing and hacking all over the place....Ugh.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:40 am

I remember watching the London Marathon when I was growing up and whenever they wanted to interview someone taking part, the interviewer would run alongside them to get a few words. These days, the competitor stops for a few minutes, has a chat, and then sets off again. Shouldn't they have to start the race again? If you're allowed to stop as many times as you like and take as long as you like, where's the challenge?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next