The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format

3 posters

Go down

IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format Empty IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format

Post by Portnoy Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:29 am

This is a general notification.

In homage and with due respect to PenfroPete's excellent Live TV Guide, there will be a change of format.

1. The current (and next round predictions) will appear on the Article OP page so that casual users can easily reference the current standings and permutations of up-coming key matches. This will provide a 'one-stop-shop' view.

2. This page will be updated during competitions and will maintain up-to-date effects of International results as they come in.

3. When the IRB Rankings table is updated (usually Monday afternoons), the computer generated predictions will be compared with actual official data (errors in which which will normally due to input error of the donkey that did it) and verified. Corrected results will be copied down to a comment post and the next round will be recalculated and replaced in the OP.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format Empty Re: IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

Sounds good Portnoy. I presume you want me to Sticky this article and un-sticky the old one?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format Empty Re: IRB World Rankings (sticky) - A change in format

Post by Portnoy Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:Sounds good Portnoy. I presume you want me to Sticky this article and un-sticky the old one?

Noooooo. Kiwi. Nooo.

The reason I put this article as a separate post is to get the message around generally. The original sticky contains an historic view of views, comments and standings (except I think for RWC qualifiers ~3 where I fecked up and overwrote the previous round).

The original sticky should stand.

But having said that, may I suggest a SH sticky so that those people can chat amongst themselves?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

Ah, sorry Portnoy, I was thinking of having this one stickied so the latest position could be seen, and have a link in your OP to the old article so those who're interested can see the older history archive going back. Your call though.

And I'm against the sectioning off of scrum-halves Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:20 pm

Excuse my ignorance but pray do tell what is a sticky? It sounds like a problem I once had in my early teenage years.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Excuse my ignorance but pray do tell what is a sticky? It sounds like a problem I once had in my early teenage years.

A "sticky" is a thread that stays up at the top of the section alongside "Announcements", regardless of when the last post on it happened.

And that's possibly too much information about your childhood Kia Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

Cheers Kiwi.

And I'm sure you cut yourself shaving at some stage as well when you first started out shaving. Besides, sharing is caring!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down